Lance Henriksen Talks About The New Mass Effect 3 Ending

Posted: May 18, 2012
Lance Henriksen Talks About The New Mass Effect 3 Ending
The voice actor behind Admiral Steven Hackett in Mass Effect 3, Lance Henriksen, shares some information about the new Mass Effect 3 ending and what players are to expect.

• PhatPhuc69

Up to this point, I realy dont care about Mass Effect 3's endings as much as I do about the whole game itself.

I dont get why anyone hasnt complained, or even acknowledged the lack of dialogue throught the 3rd instalment. Alot of scenes has been replaced with in-game dialogue. Shepard has been on auto speak for about 70% of the time unlike the last 2 games. And when their is accually a dialogue wheel present, I typically only get 2 dialogue options thats either making a nice or sort of nice comment. I wish there are more opperturnities to choose my side of the arguement.

Mass Effect was suppost to make you feel like your a part of the conversation. To give you the true meaning of a role-playing game. To make you apart of the experience. To make you feel like your you. But in ME3, I didnt experience any of that. I just refered to myself as 'Shepard'. Just Shepard,

Hear me out here, most of the things Shepard inevitably say are most of things I would of said, but it dont feel special if didnt choose to make my statement. It doesnt feel like I did/said it. The feel of " I did something right today, yet I know I could of done something evil, but it makes me more proud that I didnt do that" wasn't present.

Posted: June 23, 2012 8:26 PM
    PhatPhuc69
  • deedubya

Artistic integrity?

OF WHAT?

THE SPLOSIONS

Posted: May 22, 2012 7:26 AM
    deedubya
  • PCwTf101

My only question is did anyone really saved Kaiden.

Posted: May 21, 2012 9:53 PM
    PCwTf101
  • bigevilworldwide

And then when this comes out then people will probably start crying about how it's not good enough that they explain the ending and add some sort of epilogue. They wanted a new ending rrrrraaaaaggggeeee. Even though it's been explained quite a bit already that they aren't changing the ending just explaining the ending better than it was and adding a bit after the current on disc ending/explanation

Posted: May 21, 2012 4:34 PM
    bigevilworldwide
  • kain432234

I really hope, for the sake of all these whiners, that this ending is worse. If we start putting stories in the hands of fanboys, there will be no "art" to the form. Or maybe we should give it to them. A story with 100% closure, no twists, no thought, born of general consensus sounds great right?

Posted: May 21, 2012 3:51 PM
  • daroberts94

My biggest problem with the ending isn't just the lack of closure. It's that there is no real reward to having perfect Paragon/Renegade playthroughs. They basically say screw what you did in the other games, and screw all of your decisions and relationships with various characters and factions, your endings are based off a stupid EMS system and which of three things you do at the end of the game. That goes against the whole point of the series. It should be based off of your choices and what you've done along all three games. It is ridiculous that I've played through all three games, got all the DLC, completed all the quests and big decisions throughout everything, spent so much time playing multiple playthroughs just to ensure that my story lined up exactly how I wanted, and I'm getting the same exact endings and choices as someone who rushed through the final game and played the stupid multiplayer for fourty minutes. People have spent YEARS waiting for this final game, hyping over ever meticulous point planning exactly how they wanted everything to go, and it was all a waste of time. We could have just bought the final game,played the multiplayer and some apps and get the same results. Screw Bioware.

Posted: May 20, 2012 4:55 PM
    daroberts94
  • DrowNoble

I want the ending that Casey Hudson promised us. He specifically said we would NOT get a Choose A, B, or C ending.

I want the 16 different endings that were affected by my ME3 choices. An ending that was the culmination of all my choices in the entire trilogy.

I want the ending that Mac Walters said would be different if I saved the Rachni Queen.

I want the game that Bioware advertised, not the one that shipped in the box I got.

Posted: May 20, 2012 12:03 PM
    DrowNoble
  • deedubya

There was an artistic vision at the end? Well besides the perty as all get out splosions?

*crickets*

yeah... not so much

Posted: May 20, 2012 8:43 AM
    deedubya
  • T_Dawg135

I don't think that Lance has ever played a game.

Posted: May 19, 2012 3:25 PM
  • Invadersam

That video gave us no new information. Still, Lance Henriksen is awesome.

Posted: May 19, 2012 8:55 AM
    Invadersam
  • hotplaces1988

this website is very good, you can go and see it

Posted: May 19, 2012 8:31 AM
    hotplaces1988
  • Ryuujinno13

There was no team writing the ending. Head writer told all others to get out, and wrote the ending by himself... Mass effect was no place for 'artistic vision'. All that ending did was invalidate many hour of gameplay, emotional attachment to the ME'Universe', it's characters, and all choices we made. Alienating a huge part of the fan base. But bioware/EA only care about bottom line anyway... This dlc is supposed to be a pacifier for the thousands of outraged and disillusioned fans. Atleast it's something though...

Proof: http://www.gamesthirst.com/201 2/03/22/mass-effect-3-writer-d istance-himself-from-game-endi ng-blames-casey-hudson/

Posted: May 19, 2012 7:28 AM
    Ryuujinno13
  • masseffectrocks27

Ok first things first I think mass effect could make some improvements by Making a better ending this would be the 5th ending they could do this by making it you kill the reapers and suvive or harbriger would be a boss that would be really fun. multiplayer ideas there should be more game types like protect civillians, blow up a reaper with turrets or have to take out a geth drop ship and i got some map ideas. the citidal based on when cerberes attacks it or ranok with the geth or earth when you attack on the last level. 2 more things tali, thane, garrus, liara, samara, kusomi, mordin, leagon and space hamster rock. thank you so much if you read all this. and bio ware if any of you ever see this I would be honoured if you ever considered it. good by.

Posted: May 19, 2012 3:53 AM
    masseffectrocks27
  • bossfight1

I think my biggest gripe with the ending is... okay, I WOULD have liked a happy ending; one that lets you retire with your love interest if you get everything right.

Posted: May 18, 2012 8:29 PM
    bossfight1
  • NinjaMang5

I really hope they don't make the end worst than it already is. I want to play Mass Effect 3 again, but I lost interest. As much as I want an altered ending, I'll wait for them to get it right this time rather have an another rush job. Guess we have to wait. I hope they don't take too long.

Posted: May 18, 2012 7:15 PM
    NinjaMang5
  • Swashygirl

I am almost afraid to find out what happened to them all. I know different people come off the Normandy depending on the two we take with us on the end battle and what choice we make other than Joker being the constant, and that some of my favs are already dead like Thane and Mordin and Legion but oh Garrus! Kaiden! Vega! Cortez! Tali! Jack!....the list is so long! I am truly nervous indeed. Much more so than in ME2 because this is not an instant find out. The anticipation is eating at me!

Posted: May 18, 2012 6:02 PM
    Swashygirl
  • Airleas

I want closure with ALL of the characters, not just a few. Don't get me wrong, the game was fantastic, and yes, the ending was intriguing as well, but Bioware really left us hanging. I felt no closure whatsoever. I want to know what happens with EVERYONE; all of Shepard's crew, as well as the various races of the galaxy. I'm so glad Bioware is making at least some changes.

Posted: May 18, 2012 3:59 PM
    Airleas
  • gojumpinalake

no duh hackett would be in the extended cut cuz he's basically the leader and there's no way you can get him killed, kinda surprised about edi tho, maybe she survives giant multicolored explosion death wave, or maybe she is just going to get more lines before it occurs, either way hope this fills in what the heck went down during the last 5 minutes

Posted: May 18, 2012 3:20 PM
    gojumpinalake
  • Sinlovesmusic

Can they show my Shepard meeting Thane across the sea!! That would be awesome!!!

Posted: May 18, 2012 3:09 PM
    Sinlovesmusic
  • Masseffect28541

EDI is one of the best Mass Effect characters (other than Garus, Grunt, and Thane) i'm glad she's in the extended cut.

Posted: May 18, 2012 12:09 PM