Tales from the Console Graveyard: Nintendo GameCube

Posted: May 11, 2012
Tales from the Console Graveyard: Nintendo GameCube

Remember the Nintendo GameCube? How could you forget? This trip to the Console Graveyard with Kevin Pereira, Blair Herter and Matt Mira is all about the system from 2001 that offered great games like Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart and others.

• grkpektis69

WTF is mee lee that dumb skank candace can't even read, she is completely worthless. No wonder kevin is leaving I wouldn't want to work with her either

Posted: May 14, 2012 6:12 PM
    grkpektis69
  • Arekesu

Honestly I liked the Gamecube the most out of the last gen console. Of course the Xbox and the PS2 got more acclaim, due to online, and games like Halo and Kingdom Hearts.

Still though, as far as 1st party games Nintendo knows what they are doing. I've never played a Zelda game I didn't enjoy, and Super Smash Bros is one of the best party games I can think of. People just like to bag on Nintendo because it's "cool" and there games look "Kiddy and cartoony" but Windwaker, Super Mario Sunshine, and Melee were some of my favorite games last generation.

I just didn't like the Wii because of motion control... same reason why I don't like Kinect or Move. Honestly I can't wait to see what the WiiU has to offer.

Posted: May 13, 2012 6:32 PM
  • otaku92

i got a game cube and loved it controller was soooo nice.

Posted: May 12, 2012 7:42 PM
    otaku92
  • nhslayer

Surprised there was no mention of Resident Evil 4. And is mispronouncing melee a thing now? I heard it in my headset during a multiplayer game of Mass Effect 3 and I honestly thought it was just one random idiot.

Posted: May 12, 2012 2:20 PM
    nhslayer
  • wellwisherelf

Matt Mira is a tool. The GC controller has widely been praised as one of the best controllers in gaming history.

Posted: May 12, 2012 11:27 AM
    wellwisherelf
  • the_conductor2

gamecube sucks more dick than sasha grey and lucy thai combined

Posted: May 12, 2012 3:29 AM
    the_conductor2
  • thejman85

i still have my game cube i got rid of the wii stupid system

Posted: May 11, 2012 9:02 PM
    thejman85
  • Graphicsgod

Sadly the Wii is nothing more than the Gamecube repackaged. Sadly the only good games for it were ports from the other consoles, Mario Sunshine, and Metroid.

Posted: May 11, 2012 7:50 PM
    Graphicsgod
  • Graphicsgod

Posted: May 11, 2012 7:48 PM
    Graphicsgod
  • bradleyquist

"Super Smash Bros. (mee-lee)?" what? c'mon now.

Posted: May 11, 2012 3:23 PM
    bradleyquist
  • crocodilius

i didnt buy this thing because it looked like a bad joke.

Posted: May 11, 2012 2:40 PM
    crocodilius
  • blaketyrka

I can't think of a game I didn't enjoy that was for this console.

Posted: May 11, 2012 2:02 PM
    blaketyrka
  • Xerocool

Are you kidding me? I personally think that the gamecube was one of Nintendo's best. I still play it today! I'm still buying games and everything! i recently bought Pikmin 1, 2, and and Metroid Prime! They're all amazing. Long live Gamecube bro.

Posted: May 11, 2012 12:46 PM
    Xerocool
  • jmanman

I would still pay $200 for it today!

Posted: May 11, 2012 12:27 PM
    jmanman
  • stikfigure16

she said meelee not melee -_-

Posted: May 11, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Hotfuzz128

you guys forgot to say Metroid Prime was the most advance game at its time I mean did you even see Halo 1 snow level it was nothing compare to Metroid Prime.

Posted: May 11, 2012 11:19 AM