Feedback: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Posted: May 2, 2012
Feedback: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Ghost Recon: Future Solider, and Crysis 3 are shaping the future of shooters. This week on Feedback, Blair and crew dive into the ever-chaining world of FPShooters.

• TehWaltermelon

Sooo pretty much Halo :\

Posted: June 2, 2012 11:20 AM
    TehWaltermelon
  • ACILLAT3M

i totally argee with u chessycook thats why i stoped paying COD ( well one of sixbillion anyway) the battlefield, Flashpoint, and arma seires are way better. in BF3 i put down six russians with my M98B (.338 lupua magnum, bolt action, 12X scope, scilencer, and bipod) but i had to have my buddy spot for me but theres no spotting scopes so he used his MK 11 (7.62mm, semi-automatic, 12X scope, scilencer, and bipod) it was the most fun ive ever had and extremely realilistic. We do the samething in Flashpoint and Arma try doing that and COD and some four year old will no scope you or throw a knife across the map and kill you its BS finally there are no tactics in COD and i mean none my little cousin whoops ass and hes nine i gave him a wack at BF3 and he could do crap it was quite funny. so theres my raint take it or leave it.

Posted: May 14, 2012 7:46 PM
    ACILLAT3M
  • deathofkai

...please add a skip option, not amped to watch 20min of the same vid after chrome decides to crash:D

Posted: May 14, 2012 8:52 AM
    deathofkai
  • Jporr0121

Black Ops 2 looks really cool, but we must remember that all of those "innovative" changes are single-player based. No doubt the multiplayer will be the same recycled trash as it is every year, and no doubt it will sell like crazy as that's exactly what casual gamers want.

That said, the "consequence" mechanic will be pretty interesting. It all comes down to how Treyarch implements it. A campaign can be cool and do something different, but it won't matter much if it ends up being a 10 (at most) hour campaign experience like usual.

Posted: May 13, 2012 12:43 AM
    Jporr0121
  • lilbrinkie

I really appreciated the increased integration of fan feedback. Much better than including one comment per episode. Keep it up :)

Posted: May 9, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Zzanzabar

Just saw Adam over at IGN and he flat out stated that he couldn't talk about his departure from G4. I wonder if they gave him a large severance package with the stipulation that he not discuss his leaving, or are there court proceedings pending, who knows? It was good to see the Sess again and I hope that either he starts his OWN show (viral or otherwise) or that another show snaps him up (Go for it IGN or GameSpot). The problem is that he is based in San Francisco and I doubt if he wants to relocate to somewhere else.

Posted: May 9, 2012 7:01 AM
    Zzanzabar
  • FuzzyKnuckles

As far as characters that carry over from single player to multiplayer and vice versa, Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 both had what they called Persistent Elite Creation, where experience was gained in both game types and levelled a single character.

Posted: May 9, 2012 12:15 AM
    FuzzyKnuckles
  • dulled_edge

BRINK! THE ANSWER YOU'RE LOOKING FOR IS BRINK, BUT BETTER. THIS IS WHY THE GAME INDUSTRY WILL NEVER GET BETTER. BECAUSE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE SUFFER FROM ADD AND MEMORY LOSS!

Posted: May 8, 2012 8:34 PM
    dulled_edge
  • Rudyv30

With Adam Sessler gone, G4 not even mentioning it, and Kevin Pereira leaving, there's very little for me to come back to G4's site or channel. If anyone hears of what Adam's new gig will be, please do everyone a favor and post it here.

Posted: May 8, 2012 11:13 AM
    Rudyv30
  • Cheesycook

My ideal future of FPS:
    1. Larger online games like MAG. 6 on 6 gets old pretty quick.
    2. Get someone with weapons experience to explain bullet damage to the programmers. I don't care that the guy in front of me has a faster weapon.... If I shoot him four times in the chest with a 7.62 he is dead. I may also be, but trust me HE IS DEAD!
    3. Online Multi-player character upgrades. Why can I have the ability to pickup ammo from the ground or aim quickly but not both? How about I improve skills as I gain points? Or a monetary system for weapons instead of unlocking at levels. It makes no sense that I can have a fore grip or a red dot sight or a silencer..... but not at the same time.
    4. This is my biggy... A KNIFE IS NOT A FRIGGIN LIGHT SABRE!!! I can see sneaking up on a guy from behind and cutting him a new tongue hole but my M4 should not be overpowered by a KaBar!
    5. Make "sniping" as hard as it really is so people will stop camping so much. Do you know how long it takes to acquire a target at 350 yards through a 20X scope?

Posted: May 7, 2012 2:30 PM
    Cheesycook
  • volrath345

What did happen to the 45 min feedback

Posted: May 7, 2012 9:33 AM
    volrath345
  • FaroDemon

I stoped watching G4 a couple years ago. I don't know what happened. A change in management maybe? Its really not that hard to be funny. Now you lost Adam Sessler too? I swear companies these days are just trying to destroy themselves.

Posted: May 6, 2012 2:09 PM
    FaroDemon
  • habahnow

im rather disgusted that they seem to talk about the Cod series as being very innovative. they release a game every year without too much of a difference in game mechanics. i understand that yes cod does sell many copies of games, but it seems to me that most of those sales come from young gamers who like it because their older brother likes it, and casual gamers who just ignorantly throw their money at activision.

Posted: May 6, 2012 12:23 PM
    habahnow
  • darkcloud420

g4 bring back the sess thumbs up if u want him back

Posted: May 5, 2012 5:12 PM
    darkcloud420
  • Skodmunk

My favorite mish mash game would be the action and party mechanics from Dragon Age 2 mixed with Skyrim's openworld.

Posted: May 5, 2012 4:50 PM
    Skodmunk
  • o321ken-y123o

Men if you are having a hard time with BF3 on normal you are going to cry on Hard mode. Realism is cool and i feel it going ok

Posted: May 5, 2012 3:12 PM
    o321ken-y123o
  • mikedudez

Funny that this call of duty future tech game is trying to take away some of the shine from ghost recon coming out.

Posted: May 5, 2012 12:59 PM
    mikedudez
  • Mcc999

my roomate's step-mother made $18489 a week ago. she is making cash on the laptop and got a $418100 house. All she did was get blessed and put to work the guide explained on this link LazyCash37. Com

Posted: May 4, 2012 4:20 PM
    Mcc999
  • vampireslayer83

Ugh, I'm sorry but I completely lost interest in this episode of Feedback. The only people who care about shooters are the ones that suck at every other type of game or the casual. The next COD won't be revolutionary like everyone thinks it will be. If you look at shooters as a whole, they're all similar in style, story, and content, the only thing that's really changed is the backdrop and the type of weapons used. It makes me sad to think that they devoted an entire episode of Feedback to this crap, but then again, it doesn't surprise me. Why? Well, these are the same people that disliked Uncharted 3, Zelda, and a few others that were decent games, but overtly praised COD, when, in reality, nothing changed. I really should stop bumming myself by coming here. It's like going to a funeral home and wanting to be depressed.

BTW, Blair you're still doing a great job. I know many here miss Adam and really should just let it go, but I think you're holding your own. People just need to come to grips with the fact that he isn't coming back and either accept you or move on to something else. You have some extremely big shoes to fill. So far, I feel like you're holding your own.

Posted: May 4, 2012 8:36 AM
    vampireslayer83
  • activegmr

Hey!!! I didn't know this before and Im still not sure about it but is that Frank Meyer from Sweet Justice??? I've seen him in the background tons and it was a surprise to see him at a Jonny Thunders tribute. It was an amazing show!

Posted: May 3, 2012 9:25 PM