Sessler's Soapbox: Sony's Financial Troubles

Posted: April 10, 2012
Sessler's Soapbox: Sony's Financial Troubles
Adam discusses Sony's recent financial troubles and why he thinks the company still has a bright future.

• CloneKev

This whole G4 thing has gone down hill since Adam Sessler left. Game Trailers.com wll be my new source of news.

Posted: June 6, 2012 9:34 AM
    CloneKev
  • Tiger77

Bring back! Old school RPG damn !

Posted: May 13, 2012 2:15 PM
    Tiger77
  • Tiger77

I feel bad for Sony .but x box will take over and win E3.and Sony dose not have that much good game out there.and see what happen at E3 Sony?

Posted: May 13, 2012 2:09 PM
    Tiger77
  • DarknellStealth

Sony SUX!!! EAT IT SONY FANTROLLS!!!!

Posted: April 25, 2012 7:24 AM
    DarknellStealth
  • wislo

good soapbox Sessler! A+ you nailed it right on the head. sony needs to make it affordable for us to get their system and make it easy for developers to make games for it. period.

Posted: April 16, 2012 8:40 PM
    wislo
  • lowkevmic

Sony will be fine. Consumer focus is what made Nintendo one of the most successful gaming companies in history, and is why Microsoft literally came out of no where and dominated the gaming industry today. There was a time when the Playstation was the king of the hill, and that was because it spoke to what that generation of new gamers wanted. So they were ahead of the curve. Today, in order for Sony to see that type of success again, they will have to re-invent their approach and begin to cater to gamers in terms of affordability of the new console, and how user friendly is the new interface("dashboard") going to be. That way it'll give gamers the same pick up and play feel that gamers are getting with the Nintendo and Microsoft experience.

Posted: April 16, 2012 9:32 AM
    lowkevmic
  • CimmerianAssassin

I think the new chairman will bring innovation to the company in terms of going forward. Sony should focus on something great, not multiple different things other than different level sets so they are appealing to accommodate to different price ranges, not make 20 models in the same price. Though I hate how they are willing to go down in tech to make it more appealing to developers on the PS3. I mean, the only thing missing from the PS3 was backwards compatibility after the original designs were stopped and the software to make the online experience an easy rival to the 360. Though, I do like how they have multiple different exclusives. I do not mind the feud between consoles, but when a 360 guy comes up to me and says, "There's no hit exclusives on the PS3," then I get somewhat irritated. I think the Sony company will come back to light once they focus on being more appealing to the developers and to the customers, and all their troubles on the otherside of the Pacific are calmed. Even though their entertainment part of the industry is still a bustling business.

Posted: April 15, 2012 2:25 PM
    CimmerianAssassin
  • twhiting9275

Sony is so much more than gaming, but they've definitely shot themselves in the foot with the PS3 on countless levels. Security, overpricing, hacking, causing some pretty nasty press. All they had to do was listen to the customers, you know, the people that pay their bills!!!!

Posted: April 15, 2012 2:13 PM
    twhiting9275
  • Jag23

I love my PS3. I hope Sony will come around.

Posted: April 14, 2012 9:25 AM
    Jag23
  • gundamD

SONY seems to shoot themselves in the leg.. i love SONY, but sometimes when they do stuff.. i just think.. WTF!

Posted: April 13, 2012 8:47 PM
    gundamD
  • nutzViking

That comparisson between what "experts" thought of Sony going into the console market versus "experts" now saying they should dump their TV branch, is great. Who knows what the next big thing will be with consoles ?
    Personally, I wish Google would interfere with some indie-game-friendly semi open-source console.

Posted: April 13, 2012 2:32 PM
    nutzViking
  • gamedesignonmymind

I hope playstation doesn't go anywhere, i like that they are willing to take risk's on interesting new I.P.

Posted: April 13, 2012 11:13 AM
    gamedesignonmymind
  • alienGod

Sony is doomed, the vita was stillborn and the ps orbis will lose to the 720 and Wii U.

Posted: April 13, 2012 10:06 AM
    alienGod
  • killzoneveteran

This is the best work iv'e seen by Adam (: .

Posted: April 12, 2012 3:10 PM
  • killzoneveteran

This is the BEST work ive seen by Adam Sessler! (:

Posted: April 12, 2012 3:07 PM
  • killzoneveteran

This is the BEST work ive seen by Adam Sessler! (:

Posted: April 12, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Syanara17

Definitely a great Soapbox today, They Say when you are at the bottom there is only one way to go and for sony I hope this is the bottom they hit, they do make very interesting and remarkable investments like sessler said. They Don't always work out (possibly Move, PSEyE, sixaxis, etc.) but sometimes they do! (Journey, Ico, Media Molecule) Sony always brings in something unique and let's hope they continue to do so. I hope Kaz Hirai takes Sony in a great new direction, he really seems like he is cleaning up house!

Posted: April 12, 2012 12:02 PM
    Syanara17
  • scorpian876

Right on Adam Sessler ,I hope so too! "Adam will explain how he has seen Sony change over the years and why he thinks they still have a bright future. "

Posted: April 12, 2012 12:37 AM
    scorpian876
  • RPG-fan

It's off-topic but I got to ask Adam as to why you aren't appearing in Feedback nowadays? Is it because you personally don't want to appear in Feedback anymore due to other commitments or orders from upstairs that it's time to move aside and let others take over?

Posted: April 11, 2012 3:46 PM
    RPG-fan
  • Kenron_Light

If Sony just ran more tv ads for other stuff other than the TV's, and PS3, people would buy more, because they know about it.

Posted: April 11, 2012 12:04 PM