Harmonix Announces Rock Band Blitz

Posted: April 3, 2012
Harmonix Announces Rock Band Blitz
Rock Band Blitz is no longer under wraps, thanks to this X-Play Exclusive. Harmonix Project Director Matthew Nordhaus gives Blair Herter a sneak preview of the over-the-top arcade action coming to the Rock Band series.

• mescudii45

make a psvita version and im sold at the launch, you made a psp one dont see why this wouldnt be a good collection to had to the Vita's roster

Posted: April 29, 2012 7:44 PM
    mescudii45
  • emcdoug

If they're gonna do this, they should do another Frequency/Amplitude, which was mainly techno/electronic style music (it was to me at least, my favorite songs were of said genre) with some of today's music of the genre, I'd buy that

Posted: April 8, 2012 12:18 PM
    emcdoug
  • DJDataTec

actually games like parappa the rapper and ddr is what made music games what they are today and blitz is similar to amplitude, frequency and unplugged unfortunately those games had more than two notes on the screen to hit as the video here only shows two notes honestly i like the idea of playing this game but i dont like the idea of postponing a real rock band title as i still think that they could make a rock band game with music videos in it like singstar and lips does!

Posted: April 7, 2012 7:11 PM
    DJDataTec
  • DJDataTec

Posted: April 7, 2012 7:09 PM
    DJDataTec
  • Emperor Joker

I honestly don't know why people are so surprised that Harmonix developed a game that got them started in the business. Does anyone remember "Frequency" or "Amplitude"? This new game is exactly the same as those games. Not much of a change.

Posted: April 7, 2012 10:55 AM
    Emperor+Joker
  • Spybreak

Nice, that makes me want to go and play some Audiosurf. Maybe some ninja tracks.

Posted: April 6, 2012 2:17 PM
    Spybreak
  • Auronn88

I'm very much hoping this title sparks enough interest for harmonix to revive frequency/amplitude. After 10 years of love from me, those games will always have a place on my shelf. RB and GH are fun, but have worn out their welcome and will never hold a dime against freq/amp. Come on harmonix...bring them back and show the mainstream fans what they've been missing out on.

Posted: April 4, 2012 8:52 AM
    Auronn88
  • Litu507

Even if there is nothing to laugh about, laugh on credit.

Posted: April 4, 2012 8:23 AM
    Litu507
  • boah78

What a joke...

Posted: April 3, 2012 11:11 PM
    boah78
  • Cashprizes

I don't like in the interview they are saying "brand new" and "totally different" when this game is obviously EXACTLY like Amplitude/Frequency/Unplugged.

But thats totally cool cause I love those games, and I own a lot of Rockband songs that will be compatible! Just seems insincere of them to not even mention the games that put Harmonix on the map.

Posted: April 3, 2012 10:53 PM
    Cashprizes
  • untitledbymiles

Sigh.... why must gamers be so negative, so often...

Whatever. This looks cool. If the demo pans out, I'll get it. Seems like a good change from the usual.

Posted: April 3, 2012 9:36 PM
  • jackarse

This is like Frequency/Amplitude on crack! I love it man! Will definitely be picking up this game! :D

Posted: April 3, 2012 6:38 PM
    jackarse
  • asavar

What a waste of resources.

Posted: April 3, 2012 6:15 PM
    asavar
  • TimmoWarner

Personally, having played Frequency and Amplitude, I am very excited to be able to use all my existing Rock Band songs in a similar game.

PLUS, the new songs export to Rock Band. Win/Win!

If I was actually hoping for a Rock Band 4 I might be a little disappointed, but I was in no way expecting that to happen this soon.

Posted: April 3, 2012 6:07 PM
  • AmpliFreQ

Even though I like where this is going with being able to play with our existing purchases, I'm STILL hoping that Harmonix will pull through with another FreQuency or Amplitude. Hell, I still have both those games (which will never leave my side) and play them over and over while scouring the net for user DLC for Amp.

Please Harmonix, PLEASE do another! And while you're at it, revive AntiGrav for the PS Eye/Move and Kinect!

Posted: April 3, 2012 5:19 PM
    AmpliFreQ
  • FaulkinPunch

This is NOTHING like Amplitude or Frequency. Its Rockband: Unplugged 2 with a moving background..

I havent bought another music game since GH3. You all keep wanted 20 more GH and RB games that already have DLC. The amplitude and freuqnecy fans have no DLC to play. Amplitude had more than one genre. Frequency have more EDM.

When will this madness stop? Again, why do you want more RB and GH when you have hundreds of titles to download.... stop being greedy

Posted: April 3, 2012 4:44 PM
    FaulkinPunch
  • HarukaShimizu

:O I sense some upset FreQuency and Amplitude Fans in the near future if they are trying to introduce this as a "brand new" gaming concept with a slapped on Rock Band label on it. ^^; I personally would like to hope that it would have a unique genre of songs on this game like FreQ and Amp did... but thats probably wishful thinking

Posted: April 3, 2012 4:44 PM
    HarukaShimizu
  • mmaxt

damn children dont even know the roots of the music games from harmonix
    ever hear of frequency and amplitude? no? well you probably never owned a ps2 or were under a rock.
    well, those 2 games started every musical game you have seen today (ie: guitar hero rockband ect.)

show some respect. as for the guy in the interview calling this crap new... he can die in a fire. what a lying douche

Posted: April 3, 2012 4:44 PM