Feedback: Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3 And Halo 4

Posted: March 7, 2012
Feedback: Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3 And Halo 4
This week on Feedback, Blair Herter and crew discussed Halo 4's features and Assassin's Creed 3's new setting. The game of the week was Mass Effect 3.

• Graphicsgod

I think the only way a "Steam Box" could work, would be if they went the same route as Onlive. A tiny box that just transfers an HD video signal and all the hardware is on the other end. Otherwise it wont work. I have an Onlive and it's pretty awesome having the same experience as a high end PC, but the size of a Gameboy colour system.

Posted: March 24, 2012 5:55 PM
    Graphicsgod
  • Graphicsgod

Posted: March 24, 2012 5:48 PM
    Graphicsgod
  • Bloodthr0e

Donell Tucker should follow the same rule for Sonic that I do. He should avoid games like Sonic Unleashed that Sega says are directed more at the child audience. Sonic Generations is the first game is a long time that Sega says is directed at their older audience. That's the game old fans should look into playing.

Posted: March 20, 2012 11:32 AM
  • volrath345

The mention of an MMO was brought up for Mass Effect, does anyone think that an MMO like WOW would work well on a console based game, or would it still have be PC only??

Posted: March 15, 2012 10:44 AM
    volrath345
  • Jeespot

hahaha, the end was helarious. Good Feedback, awesome awesome, bringin it back to its roots: young people geekin out on video games. Glad to see all the non-stop talk about video games and gameplay and stories and characters, it was just awesome. Keep it up!

Posted: March 14, 2012 9:05 AM
    Jeespot
  • silentmurderer

im going to say it right now. i think halo 4 will fail due to 343 changing too much. halo, for me, has always been about how good you are. not what weapon you have, just how you use it.

Posted: March 13, 2012 2:14 PM
    silentmurderer
  • Snowreligion

If You have beaten the mass effect 3 campaign by now what did u feel about the ending i feel like there is no closure any path u choose for the ending i want to now what happend it left me feeling like the series is very open ended

Posted: March 11, 2012 10:33 PM
  • Bowmanganie

Playing through Mass Effect 3 and initially I was disappointed. It just felt like DLC. Nothing really different other than the Kinect thing. Now that I am further into the game, and the other folks are getting on board and I am starting to like it. I am a big fan of the Kinect also, but I have been using the power wheel more and more cause shouting out commands don't always seem to work and having to shout "FIRST AID!!!" over and over is annoying. I also thought that maybe they are trying to make it feel more like real combat, but it is still a game that should work when I want it to. As far as Halo 4, they need to come up with a new protagonist. With earth just ending the huge and devastating war with the Covenant and the Covenant just now recovering for their own internal squabbles, this new protagonist has to seem....reasonable, for lack of a better term. We know Master Chief already has new upgrades that will add or change the gameplay somewhat, so I am not worried about that. I am worried about story. And NO PARASITE!! And, if it doesn't involve the Halo rings, why would it be called Halo??

Posted: March 11, 2012 8:52 PM
  • expiredzues1

halo is awesome just make better maps like the ones in halo 3, halo reach maps were a little weak, also please launch with more maps, add more vehicles and weapons, take away armor lock (at least in vehicle maps, it makes it not as fun) and finally they really need to have dedicated servers and make it so whenever a person quits it doesn't stop the whole game, it always makes me sad when it happens because it takes 2 minutes every time.

Posted: March 10, 2012 11:01 PM
    expiredzues1
  • Jacan

Darn i still miss Sessler.

Its not as bad as they used to but Adam is simply just that much better as a host/.

Posted: March 10, 2012 6:13 PM
    Jacan
  • LoneWolfe117

is it just me or does anybody else dislike the choices that Bioware made on the characters or amount of characters that you can have in your squad?

Besides Garrus and Liara, I was disappointed on the fact that I was not able to have certain characters from ME1 and especially ME2 in my squad/crew. For instance, the fact that some missions revolve around other characters, such as Wrex, is cool but I would really enjoy the game much more if they were a part of my team.

I can understand the decision that Bioware made to make it seem like other important things are happening while you are trying to save the world but throughout my time playing ME2 I developed a bond with some characters that it prevented me from really enjoying this game. But I guess this shows how good Bioware is at developing characters and stories. Hopefully I will be able to overcome this feeling and be able to continue enjoying the game.

Other than that, a great episode of feedback as always.

Posted: March 9, 2012 4:09 PM
    LoneWolfe117
  • MuramasaSquid

I assume no more creepy Donell Tucker moments will be had at the end of feedback anymore, seeing as he got cut off.

Posted: March 9, 2012 2:57 PM
    MuramasaSquid
  • shletinga

I know I forgot to capitalize Jefferson in my earlier comment and I'm saying this to stop the trolls.

Posted: March 9, 2012 2:04 PM
    shletinga
  • shletinga

I think jefferson would make a better Da Vinci like inventor since he was a scientist at heart and has some sweet gadgets at his home in Virginia called Monticello.

Posted: March 9, 2012 2:03 PM
    shletinga
  • BR4CR

Best ending. Ever.

Posted: March 9, 2012 11:04 AM
    BR4CR
  • kingslayer2015

Am I missing something? Mass Effect 3 has little game play & too many cut-scenes. I feel like I'm watching a mini-movie instead of playing a 3rd. person shooter. The AI is so predictable at the highest level the game is boring. Before everyone jumps on me for dissing Mass Effect3 let me start by saying I've played all three & Mass Effect 2 was the best as far as blending a shooter with a story. I've been playing games since the 80's & feel like I got ripped off. The controls for PC gamers are a joke the hiding & action function is assigned to the same key, who does that?

Also no one mentioned how much less gameplay there is. If I wanted to watch a movie I'd go to the theatre. The question gamers should be asking themselves is, what direction is the gaming industry headed in? More cut-scenes higher game prices and less action?

Most of the reviews & comments for Mass Effect 3 rate the game a 9 or 10. The present ratings system of assigning games a 1-10 rating is flawed. It doesn't reflect the trend of developers adding a disproportionate amount of cut-scene to action ratio.

My guess is that the cut-scene to action ratio is 60% to 40% in Mass Effect 3. A game should have a 40% cut-scene to 60% action at most. Reviews of this game and other games claim to have 20 hours of playing time, if most of today's game are devoted to cut-scenes we're being ripped off.

If game reviewers tell us we can expect 20 or more hours or playing time, it should say ("actual" time is 8 or 10 hours or something along those lines). I don't have any problems with cut-scenes, they add to the story, my major concern is the rising costs associated with said trend. Games that used to cost $40.00 are now $60.00 if gamers are to be expected to pay for the added costs associated with cut-scenes etc. we should get more "actual" playing time.

I'd give Mass Effect 3, a 7 out of 10 rating.

Posted: March 9, 2012 7:03 AM
    kingslayer2015
  • Phat_j35u5

Mass Effect 3 ending was probably the most poorly written garbage ever put on paper and G4 gave this it a 5/5 what a crock of crap.

Posted: March 9, 2012 12:14 AM
    Phat_j35u5
  • dbuddy101

Actually, i think i have made a revelation (pun half intended. Didn't at first, but found out and ran with it.) In one screenshot, the default robes have a blue back, but in another art picture, the back is red. Now the artist should know what the entire defaults look like, and assuming that those can't be dyed, i think that the possibility is that you can make your own choices on what side you would want to be on. I know, it is a long shot, but i think that it would be very cool. Kind of a more rogue assassin, I don't know what we would be able to figure out about it, or how it changes the story, but it think that it is an interesting idea, and is worth noting.

Posted: March 8, 2012 7:02 PM
    dbuddy101
  • dbuddy101

Well on the note that this will be the last game in the assassin's creed series, yes and no. Desmond, yes they should be done with him. The entire series, of course not the games are selling great. The best part about the departure from desmond is that each release can now feel fresh. They can do a new character every time in a new time period, and not be restricted by going backward in time, too forward in time, or by the genealogy of the character. For example, i would love a game based off of assassin's creed: the fall. For those of you that missed out on such a great comic series, it would be great to play as Nikolai Orlov and Daniel Cross.

Back to the game that we know will be released, I think that it will sell better than any of the others so far. Why do I think that? Due to the change in time period, it was predictable that there would be major gameplay changes (this is inferred from the dramatic change from AC 1 to AC 2.) The game will feel fresh to those who have left the series after too much ezio, and those who were starting to feel the burn out effect, such as myself, are now intrigued (or in my case, ecstatic) by this new game.

Now onto the setting, we know that there will be New york city, the frontier, and it is possible for Boston (it has been said in wikipedia, but it could be incorrect. It can also be based off of concept art that is on G4's page. One of the pictures look like the Old North Church.) There will also be mohawk, patriot, and british settlements throughout the frontier.

Now to connor's story. I believe that Nicole is right to think that he will take no sides in the campaign against the british or americans. He is mohawk, and certain tribes sided with america, and others sided with britain. But you also have to remember that he is half english, so he also is affected by the taxes, if he does not consider his mohawk heritage to be the one that he describes or embraces himself to be. But i would have to say that at the end of the day, connor is an assassin. He stands for the freedom for all people to be able to learn, understand, enlighten, and make their own decisions. This is incredibly similar to the american people's reasoning for declaring independence. But, there is always the whole Free Masons having Templar roots idea. I thought, as i may have said in previous posts, that with their ideas differing from the templars of the actual game (as they believe that the only way to achieve peace is by limiting ones power and knowledge, which differs from the assassin's) so it could be possible that they had a change of heart and decided to defect, not to the assassin's, but to their own circle, as they didn't want to trade in allegiances from one huge organization to another, and made their own. This may make hostilities between connor, but from another screenshot, it seems that it could be that he is friends with washington (this is from him talking to him on a horse and he seems to be at ease.) So until we actually here what the game's story is about, it is all speculation

Now, i know i didn't cover the other topics of feedback, due to my lack of interest in halo and mass effect. What can I say, i like a particular type of game, and i only have a ps3. These are my thoughts on that topic, so i hope that it is covered on G4 and this will definitely be my place to look for the news.

Posted: March 8, 2012 6:53 PM
    dbuddy101
  • SMac_09

Yes! An actual Feedback episode!!!

Posted: March 8, 2012 6:08 PM