Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2012

Posted: January 31, 2012
Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2012
With the 2012 release engine set to crank up, Blair Herter, Kristin Adams, and Morgan Webb reveal our list of the top 10 games we're most looking forward to in the coming year.

• azuresky3

Where's the love for Tera Online? First true action combat MMO and the closed beta starts this Friday I am beyond stoked!

Posted: February 6, 2012 7:34 AM
    azuresky3
  • RidetMortemOmnium

Well! This confirms my prior disposition that X-Play really only cares about FPSs and MMOs. I was a bit surprised to see The Last Guardian on there, let alone so high on the list, considering it has no release date and is more likely to come out in 2013 with the loss of its creator Fumito Ueda. Where's the love for Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch!? And what about Final Fantasy Versus XIII? Tetsuya Nomura has led many to believe Square Enix will have a functional game demo available by E3, which means the game could hit shelves for the holiday this year (if we're lucky). I'd be more inclined to put THAT on the list than The Last Guardian, given its shortcomings. But of course, that would assume you guys gave a mummer's fart about RPGs.

Posted: February 6, 2012 5:27 AM
    RidetMortemOmnium
  • Sarge494

Mass Effect 3 is all i care about

Posted: February 6, 2012 4:21 AM
    Sarge494
  • demonspeeder25

no GTA V? you couldn't have put it alongside with max payne kk im cool with that but but last guardian? i love that game but theres a pretty good chance that wont be coming out...ever

Posted: February 5, 2012 8:09 PM
    demonspeeder25
  • Jackson045

my co-worker's mother-in-law makes $87 every hour on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 6 months but last month her check was $7747 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site...http://makecash16.com

Posted: February 5, 2012 4:38 PM
  • TheDudeAbide's

No love for Hitman:Absolution?!! And what about The Last of Us?! That game is going to be sick!! (Although it might be released in 2013).

Posted: February 3, 2012 4:59 PM
    TheDudeAbide's
  • TheDudeAbide's

No love for Hitman: Absolution?! And what about The Last of Us?! That game is gonna be sick! (Although it might be released in 2013).

Posted: February 3, 2012 4:54 PM
    TheDudeAbide's
  • nintendo247

did you forget SSX existed? Along with Ninja Gaiden 3 and DmC??

Posted: February 3, 2012 12:17 AM
    nintendo247
  • ericthekid92

wow i'm more excited about numbers 10-6 than 5-1.

Posted: February 2, 2012 9:11 PM
    ericthekid92
  • TheRealTmoney06

NO SSX????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted: February 2, 2012 10:42 AM
  • Perplexed_Waffle

I guess all the games mentioned are the closest to sure things you can get, but I hope there will be a Top 5-10 games that will be possible sleeper hits.

I never want to hear "Rockstar is kinda on a hot streak" again, and GTA V should've been on that list, because a date confirmation doesn't really confirm anything anyways.

Posted: February 1, 2012 10:03 PM
    Perplexed_Waffle
  • gears3187

no future soilder :(

Posted: February 1, 2012 6:56 PM
    gears3187
  • permanent_nirvana

Overall a pretty good list. As excited as I am for Bioshock Infinite, I would make Borderlands 2 my #1. Also I would add Ghost Recon : Future Soldier to the list. Not surprised that GTA V wasn't on the list. No one ever said it was coming out in 2012.

Posted: February 1, 2012 2:24 PM
    permanent_nirvana
  • dudeman3132

as much as i want the last guardian, i dont think its fair to put on this list because we have no idea when it will actually come out. twisted metal probably should have taken a spot

Posted: February 1, 2012 2:20 PM
    dudeman3132
  • Zyxx

What? Ultimate Ninja Storm isn't on there? With such a great story and now more appealing to versus players I don't know what else it would need to be a must-buy.

Posted: February 1, 2012 12:36 PM
    Zyxx
  • kmf65

Isn't there a rumored release of Fallout 4 this coming fall?

Posted: February 1, 2012 11:39 AM
    kmf65
  • twonumbthumbs

Check out a real Top 10, and yes, it definitely has BioShock Infinite on it: http://goo.gl/c9inZ. Tell us where we went wrong!

Posted: February 1, 2012 11:14 AM
    twonumbthumbs
  • ToddOfWar

I can't blame you guys for putting Bioshock Infinite for most anticipated Game of 2012!

I was not happy at first that Bioshock won Xplay's 2007 Game of the Year because it was not on the PS3!

But when the game came out a year later on PS3 I was Simply Blown AWAY!!!

Bioshock is the BEST FPS of this Generation AND better than most shooters with Multiplayer!

2K games PLEASE ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE SOON!!!!!!

Posted: February 1, 2012 11:14 AM
  • ToddOfWar

But when the game came out a year later on PS3 I was Simply Blown AWAY!!!

2K games PLEASE ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE SOON!!!!!!

Posted: February 1, 2012 11:12 AM
  • ScrooLewseWT

How can you call yourselves "The most trusted Video game Website" and list a Max Payne game over Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Are you kidding me? Why do they pay you? They should just call this the "AOTS / MMO Report " channel, because that's all that's worth watching.

Posted: February 1, 2012 10:39 AM