Mass Effect 3 Kinect Preview

Posted: January 18, 2012
Mass Effect 3 Kinect Preview
G4's Jessica Chobot interviews Aaryn Flynn, GM at BioWare Edmonton, to get the low down on Mass Effect 3's Kinect features, offering players to now control their teammate with the power of voice commands.

• Chobot

BOOMSTICK!

Posted: January 24, 2012 4:47 PM
    Chobot
  • m0ccha

Why not just tell the truth about why you had to incorporate the Kinect into your game. You were NOT sitting around playing your Kinect and enjoying it and then came upon the idea to use it in your game. Microsoft told you to use it, so that they can try to hook the hardcore gamers into buying this useless gimmick of equipment. Maybe some refreshing honesty, instead of some BS response could have garnered some credibility for the reason you would use this thing. You KNOW you have never enjoyed using that thing, so stop trying to convince us otherwise.

Posted: January 19, 2012 9:03 AM
    m0ccha
  • CaptainNemo7

Why doe Jessica Chobot have a tattoo of the tri-force on her left wirst????????????/

Posted: January 18, 2012 8:34 PM
    CaptainNemo7
  • iFirefly

As a professional software designer's standpoint - who by virtue of a disability, would never use a Kinect, I can't see any functional or logical reason why each player's headset microphone could not serve as the interface to this exact functionality.

If M3 is not setup to allow for any player's voice commands to work, necessitating the purchase of an expensive excuse for a VOX user interface - I will be seriously disappointed (if not heartbroken) with the BioWare team, for it would mean their apparently caving-in to Microsoft, just so they could sell this unnecessary accessory, which should not be required for this functionality in the first place.

I really want to be wrong about this and hope that the good Doctors made the right decision about this one.

Posted: January 18, 2012 5:20 PM
    iFirefly
  • jefferygaines

i not will a big fan of kinect by i ilke mess effect 3 so awsone.

Posted: January 18, 2012 11:58 AM
    jefferygaines
  • backerman

"hey, miranda.... booty dance for me... please."

Posted: January 18, 2012 10:31 AM
    backerman
  • JZA1

I wish I could do this with my teammates in Battlefield 3.

Posted: January 18, 2012 10:06 AM
  • JZA1

Jessica Chobot looks like the hot daughter of a cocaine farmer in South America in that outfit. I would give her dad 15 a key.

Posted: January 18, 2012 10:05 AM
  • ChiefN602

I have a kinect but I very much doubt I will use this feature, I do hope I can eat these words and get hooked on using it but as of now it seems like a cool thing to say on the back of the box, doubt pc or Ps3 get the option so how important will it really be? Not hating on kinect but if you are on the fence about getting one I wouldn't let your love for MA be the reason.

Posted: January 18, 2012 9:01 AM
    ChiefN602
  • SonyNmbrOneGuy

Too bad Chobot didn't ask why voice commands only works with kinect and not the headset that comes with every 360...

Posted: January 18, 2012 8:46 AM
    SonyNmbrOneGuy
  • keyatzin

This would actually be a useful feature for me, because my d-pad is crap. But I'm still not shelling out the money.

Posted: January 18, 2012 8:33 AM
    keyatzin
  • AmericanKing01

Liara, Maranda do it... worth a shot.

Posted: January 18, 2012 8:11 AM
    AmericanKing01
  • ogflatander

Technically you could say that SOCOM got it from Rainbow Six. Then someone can chime in saying another game did this as well. It is a fun feature some of us are looking forward to and it will not ruin it for folks who don't want to use it. Loved it in Rainbow Six and looking forward to using it in Mass Effect.

Posted: January 18, 2012 7:27 AM
    ogflatander
  • thejsjamboree

Its like Bioware went back in time to 2009 and stole the innovations from SOCOM

Posted: January 18, 2012 6:50 AM
    thejsjamboree
  • lucidity

Looks good

Pausing a game to make selections does pull one out of the action.

This will be more immersive.

Posted: January 18, 2012 6:36 AM