Feedback: Looking Ahead To 2012

Posted: January 4, 2012
Feedback: Looking Ahead To 2012
In this episode of Feedback Insomniac's TJ Fixman joins Blair Herter, Morgan Webb and Nikole Zivalich to discuss the games of 2012.

• EzJester

I agree with the Wii suckage that's going on at the moment, but the way they talk they make it sound like its a good thing that you can cookie cut a game across all platforms. Having 3 companies make consoles that are identical in functionality doesn't sound that appealing. Xbox and PS are enough.

Posted: January 10, 2012 9:09 AM
    EzJester
  • Halfyy

that Nicole chick is sexy! i like her style

Posted: January 10, 2012 7:09 AM
    Halfyy
  • jal1113

I have to admit the only time i watch these anymore is when they might talk about something big like 2012 predictions above for example but without adam, im just not into it anymore. Provided that the people who are usually on feedback are good at what they do and adam is probably a very tired person between the work he does for xplay and all of the other things he does online like the soapbox and other misceleanous things like the console graveyard on AOTS. Still it would be nice if he came back to feedback a little more because im a fan of his videogame journalism...

Posted: January 9, 2012 7:35 PM
    jal1113
  • beinaido

I miss Adam!!!... and Patrick Klepek! Those feedbacks were awesome! I still watch them every week though...

Posted: January 8, 2012 10:21 PM
  • Bloodthr0e

I love Insomniac games, but do they really need Overstrike when they already have Resistance? I'll keep getting the Resistance titles as long as they don't disappoint, but I don't see much need for Overstrike to be in my library.

Posted: January 8, 2012 12:15 PM
  • LegacyGamer

When they were mentioning about Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank - Was anyone else yelling about Jak and Daxter, or is it just me?

Where's Jak 4 ND!? Hopefully the fact the original Voice actors brought back and were used in PS Move heroes and the HD collection is being made are signs that SOMETHING is in the works....
    *prays*

Posted: January 7, 2012 6:56 PM
    LegacyGamer
  • LegacyGamer

Does Insomniac games sell those Qwark hats that Morgan had on!? MUST HAVE!

And I agree - Mass Effect 3 - totally GOTY2012. Seriously, that game is looking just so amazing. I've been following bioware on their sites, tweeter and all the conventions. Pretty outstanding. Alot of the things being shown on the videos are jaw-dropping. 2 months and waiting! So many great games though. Aside from ME3, looking forward to Overstrike. Im glad it was brought up. Insomniac Games are the best! Thanks to TJ for confirming its release in 2012!

Im totally with Morgan on The Last Guardian [and Beyond Good and Evil 2]. I doubt it out this year, but Im still keeping a shred of hope.
    Sadly, Im also with them on the Wii U. I brought a Wii DAY1 and i only played it in its 1st year and a half. It just seems to gimmicky. Im such a nintendo fan - heck I played nothing but nintendo when I was growing up - but now - not so much. The wii u will be the 1st time i wont be buying a system from nintendo til i see more games and such. Im not really a fan of the motion controls. I even tried out the kinect and PS move - not much fun.

Anyways, great episode! Looking forward to the next one!

Posted: January 7, 2012 6:53 PM
    LegacyGamer
  • UnDeadAngel

If Morgan doesn't like Nintendo, fine. That's her opinion and she's entitled to it, even if it's not the popular one or if I disagree, which i kinda do. But not liking Frosted Flakes?! YOU'RE NOT HUMAN!!

Posted: January 7, 2012 6:32 PM
    UnDeadAngel
  • kings_legacy

Is Nikole shirt falling off in this video, if it is thats just epic!!

Posted: January 6, 2012 10:03 PM
    kings_legacy
  • philldaman

I didnt see anyone ask about if we would see HD Collection of Ratchet & Klank.

Posted: January 6, 2012 7:22 PM
  • Lookatmypokemans

Sadly zombie games are becoming more and more popular. soon they will sparkle in the sun two -O-

Posted: January 6, 2012 11:51 AM
    Lookatmypokemans
  • ManUpMan

and yes I know they mentioned Borderlands 2

Posted: January 6, 2012 1:24 AM
    ManUpMan
  • ManUpMan

Why are we all forgetting about all of the stuff we are told is coming out next fall or do we split our year by before E3 and after E3 because there is a bunch of games coming out this fall

Borderlands 2 - 9/1/2012
    Halo 4 - Fall 2012
    Hitman Absolution - Fall 2012

and there are others that dont have solid release dates that could come out this years so could we look at the whole year not the pre/post E3 split

Posted: January 6, 2012 1:22 AM
    ManUpMan
  • gamerjes

Nice episode.

As much as some web-crawlers want to deny it, the Wii is sitting in the garage/closet of many gamers, myself included. It's not hate on N, its just the way things go when your software fails to deliver time after time after time. Mario and Zelda can only carry a console so far, especially in the age of constant online gameplay and almost required 3rd party developer involvement. N has dropped the ball in online support and third party developer incentives over the years and it is only getting worse as the industry surges forward towards the next generation of consoles. The 3DS was the wake-up call for N. The shine has faded and if they don't learn from their mistakes, they will fall from grace... hard. And it is not G4's or anyone else's fault. It is all on N's shoulders.

Rant aside, nice hat Morgan. Free stuff is always awesome. Getting your work out there is always a good way to enter the industry. Youtube, Tumblr, or whatever are easy to get into. Start those blogs and videos. Samples of your work do a lot more than a resume in this industry.

Posted: January 5, 2012 5:55 PM
    gamerjes
  • rikkuster

I love Insomniac Games! >_<

I think I have a soft spot for Ms. Zivalich :3

Posted: January 5, 2012 4:51 PM
    rikkuster
  • Skodmunk

Diablo should come out this year, they did give the game for "free" if you bought an 1year subscription for WoW. would be weird if they waited more than a year to release it.

Posted: January 5, 2012 3:07 PM
    Skodmunk
  • mosha92

Hitman: Absolution? Counterstrike: Global Offensive?

Posted: January 5, 2012 3:02 PM
    mosha92
  • mosha92

Hitman: Absolution? Counterstrike: Global Offensive?

Posted: January 5, 2012 3:01 PM
    mosha92
  • legendlogsdon

BioShock Infinite!

Posted: January 5, 2012 2:47 PM
  • rubicon48

I'm genuinely confused by any criticism directed at this episode. I thought the entire episode was interesting and informative. I was disappointed when the show was over. I would have happily listened for another 40mins. Nicole has done a wonderful job of coming out of her shell and I have enjoyed her comments and lighthearted attitude. Morgan is opinionated because that's her job and she's damn good at it. I respect a person who speaks their mind in a respectful and intelligent manner, which she does.
    Great episode, very engaging. TJ was an excellent guest and Blair you look more comfortable every week. Keep up the good work.

Posted: January 5, 2012 12:34 PM