The MMO Report: Doctor Who: Worlds in Time Preview

Posted: December 22, 2011
The MMO Report: Doctor Who: Worlds in Time Preview
Casey talks to some people from BBC Worldwide about their new browser-based MMO Doctor Who: Worlds in Time.

• MaxDeadMonkey

What Am I ???? 3 years F-ing old this game wasn't made for children, But it looks like it was, These two dumb-F's who gave them an opportunity to make a Doctor Who game ? What do i want ???????HMMMMMMM let me think , A DOCTOR WHO CONSOLE GAME . NOT A Flash MMO , ONE WHERE I CAN GET IN THE TARDAS AND CRUISE through time , fighting Daleks and Cybermen and Daydreaming over a Rose Tyler or River Song (leela for Tom baker fans) or just hang out with any other of the doctors companions .....How bout bringing K-9 into the mix (Sara Jane Is deceased for crying out load may she R.I.P) still who will look after K-9 the robot dog ??????Please , Please someone put out a great Doctor who on console any console if I dont own the console i will buy one .....Is anyone listening ,,,,,,can anyone hear me?...........

Posted: January 9, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Zakorus

whyyyy?

Posted: January 3, 2012 12:48 AM
    Zakorus
  • Kedj

So not only is this a chitty flash game...but they destroy the ideal experience of a Doctor Who game by making it a "MMO"....talk about depressing.

Posted: December 28, 2011 6:09 AM
    Kedj
  • Rocdisjoint

Whaaaaaaat! no reports, wry comments, mailbag or bloopers? this wreaks

I agree with the other comments Please! Please! Please! no Flash MMO infomercials.
    This thing only qualifies as an annoying banner ad game "Shoot the ducks win a prize"

Seriously we love the MMO Report!
    Just tell us the guy Casey that made you post this one and we'll rough him up in the parking lot

Posted: December 27, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Cloudcrusher

I know its the holidays and all but for real?! You dedicated an entire show to a crappy looking Flash game? (And the two guys you interviewed looked like couple of major pedophiles. No wonder the game looks cartoony. They are trying to lure simple minded children into the van, man. I'm probably going to have nightmares for weeks now thanks a lot. JK but srsly!) I've heard of phoning it in, but this really takes the cake, ice cream and the whole nine of laziness. C'mon guys Star Wars broke this past week and you said NOTHING about it. You're a NEWS oriented show. Where's the journalism? Anyway, hope you had merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please don't do another show like this again.

Posted: December 26, 2011 6:07 AM
  • yukichin

I think the game is great for fans of Doctor Who who aren't exactly normal gamers. I can see it being fun for them. Hell, the way the game is now has potential, but I just can't get into it. I wish they'd do something a little more involving.

Posted: December 25, 2011 8:53 PM
    yukichin
  • DrowNoble

As soon as he said "flash based game" I lost interest. If you're going to do a Doctor Who mmo, why do something half-a**ed like this?

Posted: December 24, 2011 6:20 PM
    DrowNoble
  • ZombiehKing

Im a hella fan of Doctor Who but I hate to say it that this game looks lame.

Posted: December 23, 2011 5:38 PM
    ZombiehKing
  • Forcebwithme

I LOVE Dr. Who and I am a big fan, I also me me my MMO's but this just looks like a discrase to both.

Posted: December 23, 2011 4:43 PM
  • CujoSWAoA

Whew... who's going to play that thing? It looks, dreadful....

Posted: December 23, 2011 12:59 PM
    CujoSWAoA
  • Thogin

Xbox... skyrim.... casey???

don't you have a PC that runs skyrim??

Posted: December 23, 2011 11:07 AM
    Thogin
  • SPE825

I've never watched Dr. Who aside from a few random episodes, and this game appeals to me in no way. Just seems like a lot of effort to sink so much development time into something like a Flash-based game. This looks like a lot of the games that my 6 year old plays on the game. I'm not trying to dog the developer, but with the fan-base that the Dr. has, I'd just expect more, and I'd bet they would too.

Posted: December 23, 2011 6:24 AM
    SPE825
  • KageChitoshi

So they plan to make a Flash Based game that looks like something to do while you are supposed to be working... And isn't Flash dying out? I mean The Feed mentioned not too long ago that HTML 5 kinda put the last few nails in that coffin.

Posted: December 23, 2011 12:45 AM
    KageChitoshi
  • power-o-pwn

wtf bbc get your sht together this game looks terrible. Doctor who is the greatest show of all time I M H O. if this was a facebook game made by an indie developer I would understand. Doctor who deserves a good game. A game so good that you WANT to play it and even pay for it. Why would you bother putting the developers of this on the front page!

Posted: December 22, 2011 5:24 PM
    power-o-pwn
  • webfox100

Give me my Doctor!

Posted: December 22, 2011 5:08 PM
    webfox100
  • Tsuiyo

Well right now EVERYONE is talking about swtor. There's nothing else even Casey could really touch on that hasn't been talked about already.

Posted: December 22, 2011 3:38 PM
    Tsuiyo
  • JohnM79

One of the biggest MMO's (love or hate SWTOR) is released and this weeks show is about a Flash based Dr. Who game? Someone took a bite of Subways new fail sandwich this week. Topped with sadness and troll sauce.

Posted: December 22, 2011 2:59 PM