Best of 2011: Videogame Deathmatch Best of 2011 Winner

Posted: December 14, 2011
Best of 2011: Videogame Deathmatch Best of 2011 Winner
It's time to crown your choice for the best game of 2011, after a month of hard fought battles, it's down to Assassin's Creed: Revelations and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for all the marbles in Videogame Deathmatch.

• ReneeMtl

to say I was insulted by what these 2 guys said on the reason why Skyward Sword won...because of "enraged" Nintendo fans is putting it mildly. Iam 28yo, a female(yes there are female gamers lol) and i have played every single Legend of Zelda game.
    The reason SS won is because a new Legend of Zelda(on a platform) only comes out every 5 years or so and because YES Legend of Zelda fans are fanatics and loyal. Even if my hometown is Montreal(home base for Ubisoft) i dont think AC was worthy against Zelda. The match was unfair, AC is a great game but not in the same cathegory as Zelda. LZ is a cornerstone of videogaming, and the word "Legend"is a appropriate for the brand. These two guys should just say that SS won because it was a better game, end of story and the whole "anger wins" comment was innapropriate and clearly insulting

Posted: January 21, 2012 5:20 PM
    ReneeMtl
  • bosch0825

What a joke. AC Revelations had NO business even making the roster for GOTY. Should have been Skyrim vs Skyward Sword. Frankly I prefer ElderScrolls but I would have been glad with either because they are both great games that took multiple YEARS of development rather than the 10 month annual showcase that started happening to the CoD franchise.

Posted: January 5, 2012 3:18 PM
  • crazyfish131

I don't know that SS was the best game of 2011, but it was better than AC. If you really cared you would take 15 minutes out of you're busy day and send them a letter, in the mail. Put your real name, a return adress and wait for a reply and a real explanation. No offence, but by ranting on the boards, you're only prooving them right.

Posted: January 4, 2012 10:46 AM
    crazyfish131
  • Firesplitter

What O.O Fanrage? Sorry but it was a close race all the time... Many of ACR votes were probably just from people who DIDN'T want Zelda to win but didn't think that ACR was that good and it has been all along for Zelda, just look at the numbers between Zelda and FIFA, can anyone be serious when they say that a FIFA game is better than a real game? During a long time so have Nintendo withstanded alot of hatred from HD fans claiming that Nintendo makes the worst games and consoles ever. Always to be proven wrong, then when they're proven wrong they're blaming it on fanrage...

Posted: January 2, 2012 2:18 PM
  • ilyons

Silly commenters, we should realize at this point that the unwashed masses are unfit to decide what makes a good game, they aren't made for us. They're made for the god-appointed judges of the industry, who are able to free themselves from all biases (I know this because they are on tv and I am not), and reach beyond qualities such as enjoyability and appeal. They alone can see why we are wrong, and of sadly our undeveloped minds are only able to interpret their wisdom as rage.

On a less sarcastic note, this was honestly one of the least professional showings I have ever seen from something that presents itself as legitimate journalism, at least this side of Fox News. You can disagree with the results, but NEVER take your contempt out on YOUR AUDIENCE. We don't appreciate being called enraged fanboys or you implying we're idiots. That's not how you build good will in the gaming industry, which deserves better. This is why the few parts of your network that still relate to g4's original vision are losing credibility.

Please remember that there is a difference between fair evaluation and a soapbox with a camera in front of it. We deserve better from you.

Posted: December 31, 2011 12:29 PM
  • dreamkaster64

Adam sessler cant possible know if it fan rage that won. there are alot of zelda fans and alot of AC fans who would have voted reguardless of how good the game was.But if he thinks ACR is the better game he should have done it in a professional was instead of making excusses for the game. Would it really be that hard to just say, Zelda won but I think Assasins creed is better.

Posted: December 29, 2011 6:00 PM
    dreamkaster64
  • Metrium

So according to G4's logic, this is what happened:

''hmmm, Zelda vs skyrim... Skyrim is a way better game than zelda... but wait... zelda didnt get nominated for GOTY?!!! NOW I AM ENRAGED, IDC IF I LIKED SKYRIM BETTER, IM GOING TO VOTE FOR ZELDA BECAUSE OF THE RAAAAGE!''

Silly G4, I can assure you that everyone who voted for SS did it because in their opinion it is a better game. Rage has nothing to do with this. Being angry doesnt make you vote for a game that you didnt like or that you dont think it deserves to win. Also, didnt Zelda defeat Batman, Uncharted3 and Skyrim BEFORE the reveal of the GOTY nominations? After defeating all these juggernaughts you rly think SS needed some blind fanboyish rage to defeat a puny game like AC:R? (Btw, nothing against AC, rly good game, just not in the same league as arkham city and skyrim IMO)

Conclusion: Zelda won because more ppl appreciated it more than AC:R or Skyrim, not because anyone was angry. So G4...thoudands of ppl disgreed with your crappy GOTY nominations and your stupid biased opinion against SS... DEAL WITH IT. at this point, the more you keep hating on SS, the more you guys are discrediting yourselves... Like we care if a website who claims that mario games are for kids didnt like SS...

Posted: December 28, 2011 1:37 AM
    Metrium
  • mhmm17

all of these comments are really just backing up what they said...angry angry angry

Posted: December 26, 2011 6:15 PM
    mhmm17
  • uddyc

i'm a fan of both games but they really failed on revelations. skyward sword was the better of the two. don't understand the rage over this.

Posted: December 25, 2011 11:35 PM
    uddyc
  • SuperSayanIV

Skyward sword only won cause of Ragers, Its past the time of zelda. i have played it in my friends house, it is not that fun, NOT NEARLY as fun as gears 3, ACR Skyrim Infamous 2 and many others
    I bet it jsut won because its a REALLY long game, other than that i see nothing good in it

Posted: December 25, 2011 12:30 PM
    SuperSayanIV
  • Blugori

*Le me reading teh G4tv rules: G4 does reserve the right to ban any member without warning, reason, or justification.

Hmmmm, i havent seen amny reposts from the the other zelda fans, wei-.....

I MUST HIDE

Posted: December 22, 2011 3:22 PM
    Blugori
  • JDHockey16

WHAT?!?! SS won because of Fanboys? Have you ever played skyward sword?? its an amazing game. a 9.5 by machinima (an xbox website). a 10 by IGN. WTF skyward sword won because it is one of the best games ever. and also "anger always wins" WTF do you mean by that? the only time nintendo fans get angry is when you say that Skyward sword only won because of angry fanboys. I have lost all respect for G4.

Posted: December 22, 2011 2:46 PM
    JDHockey16
  • BenMcAleer

Oh G4 sucks lol

Posted: December 21, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Sanguiluna

I think G4 is just irritated that THEIR deathmatch ended up being won by a game they didn't even nominate as GOTY, which means that the credibility of their GOTY Award has effectively been undermined. BY THEMSELVES.

Posted: December 20, 2011 11:19 PM
    Sanguiluna
  • ProFunnyMan

I love how he emphasized "you guys."

"The winner, as chosen by you guys..." He's basically saying, "This is the winner. We would never have chosen this silly little game, but, you know, enraged fanboys made it win." I wonder if either of them have even played SS for more than 20 minutes. This is embarrasing and childish, as I am sure they already know from the other comments.

I use to be a fanboy of X-play... Now I'm just enraged. And anger always wins in the end...

Posted: December 20, 2011 5:17 PM
    ProFunnyMan
  • Blugori

why do G4 have to hate on nintendo? Dear G4, i have made this smiley face for you to look at. i hope you understand how sad this smiley is, and understand that hating is bad. so just look at it: =( and heres another one: :(

Posted: December 20, 2011 2:29 PM
    Blugori
  • Worldwearygamer

"Enraged fanboys"? "Anger always wins"? You guys make me sick. Just acknowledge that Skyward Sword was the fan favorite, even though Ubisoft worked hard to gain support on sites like Facebook and Twitter. I am sorry, but I have lost all respect for this web site. The fact that you would say those kinds of things about ANY winner, trying to discredit the entire competition, speaks for your immaturity and inability to accept a game you didn't like as the winner.

I am a great fan of the Zelda series, but had you treated ANY game like this... If Skyrim or Assassin's Creed had won, and then was treated like this, I would be just as disgusted.

Posted: December 20, 2011 2:07 PM
  • linkdx

Wow I guess Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword being a superior game has nothing to do with it winning huh? It's just Angry Nintendo Fans. Cause Legend of Zelda isn't respected by almost everyone. Even people who aren't big Nintendo Fans. I lost all respect for Morgan Webb after her stupid comment about how Mario games are for little kids, but I didn't think I'd ever lose respect for Adam Sessler... As for the other guy, I still don't know who the Hell he is and I used to watch X-play a lot.

Posted: December 20, 2011 9:07 AM
    linkdx
  • nothingmuch2

I don't really understand why G4 would say that kind of stuff in a video that's supposed to be talking about the winner of the deathmatch.

Posted: December 19, 2011 7:53 PM