The Amazing Spider-Man Debut Trailer

Posted: December 12, 2011
The Amazing Spider-Man Debut Trailer
It's time to swing into action once again with Spider-Man. Get a first look at The Amazing Spider-Man game in this official debut trailer.

• gamefan0

i agree with everything sastard said it would be cool if some roads or the park got a bit destroyed and after the mission when you swing by construction workers come to fix it also i think what chantler said is a great idea you now you beat the game with spidey and now you can use cool villains like yea electro green goblin venom flying around the city with those characters would be fun as hell.

Posted: June 3, 2012 11:26 AM
    gamefan0
  • Buffa1o_42

Not gonna lie, that was way better than I expected.

Posted: December 15, 2011 1:56 PM
    Buffa1o_42
  • Rayman9000

honestly, of all the superhero's to take on a robot apocalypse, i would NOT choose Spider-man for the job, the best choice in the marvel universe would have to go to The Avengers

Posted: December 13, 2011 12:43 AM
    Rayman9000
  • Sastard

A good trailer. Good show of gameplay graphics, which is around what it needs to be. I'm happy that it's putting Spider-Man in a BIG situation. Spider-Man benefits from quirky humor(if Spider-Man could ever pull off a Batman: Brave and the Bold style, I'd love it), but I relish the gritty, dark versions facing against despair and defeat. "Spider-Man: Back in Black" for instance.

Save the city...when is that not the point? The environment catches my eye the most. Buildings, citizens running around the city, upheavals of earth as BIG robots drill through the ground. Will the environment change according to unfolding events?

I don't know much about this game, but I'd love if the entire city reacts to the battles. When a giant robot comes roaring out of the ground, people are in danger, and I hope remnants of damage will stay. Be neat if construction teams assembled over areas after a battle, reconstructing the damage. That's never something that gets shown.

And the point is to save the city. If there's not feeling of urgency, it's not gonna work. And everybody I know hates time-trials. If there's a consequential action for lack of success, like the tower is crumbling unless you sling webs around it's foundation or blanket it with supporting webbing between buildings around it, that makes sense...however...if I see a clock is my only reason for losing, that's pissy.

Um...I actually like the look of this, a lot, overall. I hope this big robot isn't the only highlight. I hope they find a way to invest players resonsibility for the city, as Spider-Man should, instead of ignoring all else, slinging his way to the next bot-battle.

Posted: December 12, 2011 4:12 PM
    Sastard
  • chantler

You know Spider-Man isn't know for his ability to take down giant robots. That is more of a Superman thing. I have wished for the day the someone puts out the true Spider-man experience where you web sling around New York catching muggers and stopping robberies all at the same time as you protect Peter Parkers identity. That to me has always been the draw of the character of a guy who is trying to lead a normal life with finding a job, dating, and taking care of his family (Aunt May) all at the same time be a super hero. And that's what it should be randomly running into and stopping regular crimes, with some great Spidey villains (Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Scorpion, Shocker) to fight in there own story lines. Should almost play out like a GTA game.

Oh well I hope this game breaks the trend of awful and sub par Spider-Man games.

Posted: December 12, 2011 2:27 PM