A Very Special Feedback With Cliff Bleszinski And Ted Price

Posted: December 14, 2011
A Very Special Feedback With Cliff Bleszinski And Ted Price
This week's Feedback gets serious with Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski and Insomniac's Ted Price.

• sinky2212

Would of loved this episode to go on for another hour! Ohhhh ya and ADVENTURE, that game and Yars Revenge were it for me. From that moment on I was hooked. Finding the key and having to slay the box dragons wow the memories. But on to SKYRIM, my wife asked me what I wanted for x-mas this year and even with the massive selection of AAA's that came out I was speechless. I just cant seem to pull myself away from this game. In the weird chance that I do it's only because Gears just launched a new expansion pack. Needless to say I want Batman and MW3 but I just can't pull myself away from these two games.

Posted: December 19, 2011 8:31 PM
    sinky2212
  • DevilishHornet

I understand why everyone said they were looking forward to Bioshock the most, however I wish somene would have mentions Metro Last Light. The first was an underrated and lesser known game but if someone had said that I know the internet would have swarmed it

Posted: December 17, 2011 10:12 AM
    DevilishHornet
  • adrianrxs

i agree with all the other posts. i would have loved a full hour show, or even a longer one (...especially a longer one) but no budget :(

it was awesome to just watch the developers talk.

p.s. is it just me or was Cliff "talking out of turn" haha. Morgan barely got a word in.

Posted: December 17, 2011 1:29 AM
  • Mr_Spam_Man

I really would like to see more open-world shooters. I love games like Borderlands and Fallout 3, and I think that there's a lot of cool stuff developers could do.

Also, I cannot wait to play Bioshock Infinite. Not only does it look amazing gameplay-wise but it also looks like it's tackling serious real-world themes that I think could help some non-gamers realize what a powerful medium video games can be.

Posted: December 16, 2011 3:08 PM
    Mr_Spam_Man
  • civilsyl

Blair looks like a greaser step kick step twirl . lol who knew a guy from Scott, Louisiana could look like a greaser

Posted: December 16, 2011 2:30 AM
  • ManUpMan

ManUpMan's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: December 15, 2011 12:08 PM
    ManUpMan
  • killuuminnaati

Atari 2600!! DOOM! I remember all that. I'm 39 gamer and still love playing video games. Like Ted, the Atari 2600 was the first home console that my sister and I got for Xmas around 1980. Those joysticks controllers sucked! Doom was my first person shooter experience and it was hella cool at the time.

Posted: December 15, 2011 6:15 AM
    killuuminnaati
  • Dexter111

Exclusives are still going to exist as long as companies like SONY are buying studios off for them, a "platform" like the Xbox or Playstation is essentially rather worthless without the content to back them up, Microsoft kind of "missed" that opportunity somewhat (and actually, thank god for that), but SONY owns a wide range of developers and keeps buying them so they can order them to exclusively make games for their consoles. Some of their latest acquisitions were Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) and Sucker Punch (Infamous, Sly Cooper etc.) but they have a rather increasing number of First Party studios displayed here, while Microsoft doesn't:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki /Sony_Computer_Entertainment#S oftware_development_studios
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki /Microsoft_Game_Studios#Softwa re_Development_Studios

Hell will probably freeze over before they let any of them develop a game for a Microsoft-based platform (be that the Xbox or the PC).
    It'll probably also ramp back up again when the new consoles roll out and they are each trying to make people buy theirs, with full console wars breaking out again.

Posted: December 14, 2011 10:46 PM
    Dexter111
  • Dexter111

Exclusives are still going to exist as long as companies like SONY are buying studios off for them, a "platform" like the Xbox or Playstation are essentially rather worthless without the content to back them up, Microsoft kind of "missed" that opportunity (and actually, thank god for that), but SONY owns a wide range of developers and keeps buying them so they can order them to exclusively make games for their consoles. Some of their latest acquisitions were Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) and Sucker Punch (Infamous, Sly Cooper etc.) but they have a rather increasing number of First Party studios displayed here, while Microsoft doesn't: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S ony_Computer_Entertainment#Sof tware_development_studios

Posted: December 14, 2011 10:33 PM
    Dexter111
  • Dexter111

"Why does Skyrim fit on one disc"

Pretty simple, because they reuse everything, it's one of my main problem with their games, fun fact: Bethesda didn't even have any dedicated Level-designers till Skyrim came around: http://tinyurl.com/7u5f3e6 (they also said this in their Making Of video that was also on YouTube).
    Their way of designing the world and dungeons is still that of the late 80s and early 90s, where you just stick some wall textures and set pieces together, throw it through some randomizer and a few procedural algorithms and then maybe let a human being rearrange some of them for a bit and add a bit of fluff and voil�... 120 dungeons to explore!

The only difference between now and then is that they're using higher resolution and higher polygon assets and it looks prettier, but they've basically kept making the same game in different iterations and with a few new features since 1994: http://tinyurl.com/86jqfeo although I can give them that they at least made a bunch of progress with Skyrim... and at least discovered verticality amongst a few other things.
    The exploring is fun for a while for me, till I'm feeling that in my journey through Blandistan they are just starting to waste my time yet again, that I've been to this small village before, that I've entered this house for a few hundred times before with that exact same table and that chair and that armoire aligned the exact same way, that I've explored and killed dozens of moving things in a cave just like this before, that I've endured the inane ramblings of some NPC sounding similar and saying similar things before and that I've done that "fetch" or "kill" quest a few times by now and so on...

The Witcher 2 has like 14+ GB of assets, RAGE had 24GB... they've put 3-5+ years of meticulous detail work into making their worlds breathing out of every pore with lots of unique stuff and hand-designed levels and they're both orders of magnitude smaller than "Skyrim", but even one or two major parts of those games contain more visual and distinct "content" than Skyrim does with all of its "large world" and all of its assets fitting in around 4GB.

Posted: December 14, 2011 10:10 PM
    Dexter111
  • TrainerBrandon

Also, no love for Mass Effect 3?

Posted: December 14, 2011 9:50 PM
    TrainerBrandon
  • TrainerBrandon

Space Invader: The hipster of cover based shooters

Posted: December 14, 2011 9:45 PM
    TrainerBrandon
  • justabum

loved the show as always..hate that its only half the length as usual..however, great conversation and great madmen style hair..

Posted: December 14, 2011 9:34 PM
    justabum
  • justabum

Posted: December 14, 2011 9:30 PM
    justabum
  • chappy007

This was the best feedback I've seen in a long time, and I watch it every week. I could listen to Cliff Bleszinsky talk for hours. Wish the episode would've been longer.

Posted: December 14, 2011 8:57 PM
    chappy007
  • Havok05

New cameras guys?

Posted: December 14, 2011 8:49 PM
    Havok05
  • Tsuiyo

In answer to the touchpad joystick problem, they actually have little suction cup joysticks you can stick to your ipad that goes over the virtual ones. Makes using them alot easier.

Posted: December 14, 2011 8:16 PM
    Tsuiyo
  • Tsuiyo

Is it just me...or is Cliff ripped? O.o

Posted: December 14, 2011 8:13 PM
    Tsuiyo
  • McBrightside

Love it. Blair is doing a great job, Morgan is always a great addition (have her on the show more!) and Cliff and Ted were really fun to listen to.

I noticed his hair too, haha.

Posted: December 14, 2011 7:14 PM
  • Raccaway

Was is just me, or did anyone else not want this episode to end? I could have listened to those four talk for hours. Also, keep up the good work Blair.

Posted: December 14, 2011 6:54 PM