Holiday Buyers Guide 2011 - Top PC Games

Posted: November 28, 2011
Holiday Buyers Guide 2011 - Top PC Games
Morgan Webb has our picks for best PC games to pick up this holiday season.

• Zannis77

You can say that SWTOR is just like any other MMO, and I'll counter that with the fact that every game on this list is just like something else in it's genre.

As this seems to be a list of the best PC Exclusives for the holidays, SWTOR being omitted is strange.

Posted: December 4, 2011 10:29 AM
    Zannis77
  • CujoSWAoA

SW:TOR is the exact same MMORPG as all the others already on the market, that'd be why I wouldn't put it on this list.

Posted: December 2, 2011 8:52 PM
    CujoSWAoA
  • blazinlatino89

SWTOR ! i dont see why this was not included in this list im sure one of you at g4 have tried it in the beta definetly worth buying on dec 20th star wars the old republic ppl get into it!

Posted: December 1, 2011 4:52 PM
    blazinlatino89
  • Krayvan

Awesome to see a PC Buyers list out there.
    I understand they tried to avoid overlapping games that are on other list. So Battlefield 3 was recommended to the shooters and Portal and Skyrim were place in multiplatform (Best of the Best).
    But, Im suprised that no MMOs were mentioned, specifically The Old Republic. Maybe because it hasnt been released. So, you cant officially recommend it. But its an awesome game! Check it out.

Some other recommendations would include: Game of Thrones: Genesis, Bastion, & From Dust.
    Happy Holidays!!!!!

Posted: December 1, 2011 1:18 PM
    Krayvan
  • TrueZarken

My goodness G4TV is actually doing a video on PC gaming. What on earth happened at G4 for this to happen? =P

Posted: November 30, 2011 11:03 PM
    TrueZarken
  • TrueZarken

Posted: November 30, 2011 11:01 PM
    TrueZarken
  • RangerHero11b

http://ninjadojogamereviews.bl ogspot.com/

Posted: November 30, 2011 9:45 AM
    RangerHero11b
  • koorstad

As a purely console player, i would like to formally except the lordship of the PC community... Selling out FTW!

Posted: November 30, 2011 8:34 AM
    koorstad
  • pantano

There are many good PC games being promoted but right now I am playing Magic Card because it is fabulous mind reading game. http://tiny.cc/c2ywi

Posted: November 29, 2011 11:26 PM
    pantano
  • outlawstar00000

Why is everyone saying PC gaming is too expensive? Don't go out and buy it just for gaming that's stupid. Just wait until your currents PC/Laptop dies out or become obsolete and build one for about $800 (I don't recommend going any lower than that but you can if you want). Or if you prefer you can build a $600 PC (Which is about the price of mainstream name brand PC) without a graphics card but is ready for one and just save up for one later (for that price you could probably through on a i5 2500K which would easily run any game on the market today). You don't need a 580GTX in 4 way SLI to run BF3, Skyrim, etc. (If you can afford it then by all means go for it) just get something around $150-$250. I got an ATI HD Radeon 6870 1GB for about $250 a year ago (It sells for about $180 now and $210 for the 2GB model) and it runs just about anything I throw at it (Yes even Crysis maxed out).

And before anyone asks yes I did say BUILD IT not buy it.

1: It's cheaper

2: More freedom with the parts and less compatibility issues

3: There nothing quite like the sense of pride you get when you turn on your PC for the first time and think "I built this"

4: It's fun ^^

You don't need to be very tech savvy to build a PC it's easy to do, hell I've seen 13 year old kids do it just do a little bit of research beforehand on how to build a PC and on the parts your buying.

I know some of you are thinking PC gaming probably isn't any different than console gaming other than the graphics are better looking. WRONG PC gaming is all about customizing to fit the individual whether it be the shape of the mouse, the feel of the keyboard, or even mods to reskin your character on a game, whatever it is it's all about YOU. Want some sweet red LEDs in your case to showoff to your friends, get a $15 LED kit and pimp that case, don't like the mouse and keyboard then download motionjoy and use your PS3 or XBOX 360 controller and just remap the controls, one moniter too boring then get three and stretch the game through all of them (Try that with a console). Point is PC gaming is all about you, not the gaming community, just you. If the game doesn't come how you like it, MOD IT.

Bottom Line: PC in my opinion is the best kind of gaming there is, yes it is expensive I'm not gonna lie, but remember its not a gaming console it's a gaming PC that means it handles all of the normal PC tasks such as schoolwork, internet browsing, and video editing. In fact it does even better than a normal PC because of the extra power under the hood. So even if your not a hardcore gamer you will still benefit from it. Remember this is rather expensive so if you really to build your own mean machine you will probably need to do a lot of saving this shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a job.

Posted: November 29, 2011 7:40 PM
    outlawstar00000
  • RapidFATE

Marry me, Morgan.

Posted: November 29, 2011 6:38 PM
  • pingerdinger

Shogun is great but due to my pc I have to run it on lower settings hindering my experience and AOE online is fun but you have to buy a civilization if you want to actually accomplish anything and do good at pvp

Posted: November 29, 2011 6:09 PM
    pingerdinger
  • toughtrasher

PC Gaming is just not.. Right anymore. It's not fun unless you have a top class computer to get Skyrim or Battlefield 3 running in high settings.
    Even iPad's are cheaper than nice computers. Their apps and games are sometimes better too, like Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation. It's really a good game. If you've never heard of MC3 or even the series, I suggest you read this review at http://sytcorx.blogspot.com/Anyways, if you don't have a good computer, just spend your money on consoles. PC Games are easiest to hack anyways, and they have trolls everywhere.

Posted: November 29, 2011 5:00 PM
  • crocodilius

it's f#cking sad you have to put Witcher2 on any "must buy" list
    because for some various reason all the newbs didn't buy it.
    not only that, they didn't vote for it on the Deathmatch either
    which is so insulting i want to pull a Jay and Silent Bob, go
    to all their houses and beat the sh@t out of everyone.

all things being equal, Witcher2 is about the 3rd best game this year.

(Spoiler: Diablo3 2012 GotY)

Posted: November 29, 2011 2:07 PM
    crocodilius
  • Luck702

Very nice list. Some of these I should really pick up

Posted: November 29, 2011 1:45 PM
    Luck702
  • AmericanKing01

I thought PC gamers only buy BF3?

Posted: November 29, 2011 10:36 AM
    AmericanKing01
  • aj2070

First, I am very impressed to see a PC buyer's guide. Kudos!

I am surprised Arkham City didn't make the list. And what about LA Noire: The Complete Edition?

Posted: November 29, 2011 7:07 AM
    aj2070
  • BoydofZINJ

Leah... marry me. I mean, good job!

Posted: November 28, 2011 10:15 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • RPG-fan

Oh Leah, we can rely on you to provide positive news regarding PC gaming, unlike some your colleagues, which they considered PC gaming to be mostly just about hacks and glitches.

Anyway, also recommend:

Frozen Synapse - it's Counter-Strike meets chess.
    DCS: A-10C Warthog - looking for a very detailed and realistic combat flight simulator? Look no further. ADD generation, need not apply.
    Serious Sam 3: BFE - if you like mindless fun and enjoyed the previous Serious Sam games then you might like this one.
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent - scary horror game that doesn't let your protagonist be armed to the teeth.

Posted: November 28, 2011 8:41 PM