Game Night: Pandemic, The Resistance & More Board Games

Posted: November 10, 2011
Game Night: Pandemic, The Resistance & More Board Games

Rich Sommer from Mad Men returns with another look at his favorite board games, like Pandemic about ridding the world of infectious diseases, The Resistance where players must foil each other's missions and Ticket To Ride, a digital adaptation of the classic board game for the computer.

• FeelgoodND

Thanks for the reviews. All the games presented are very accessible to beginners and veterans alike.

Kudos to G4! Keep the segment alive.

Posted: January 1, 2012 11:01 AM
    FeelgoodND
  • Cbs42

Great second segment. Keep 'em coming!

Posted: November 14, 2011 4:47 PM
    Cbs42
  • Elardee421

Love, love, love these segments. It's about time! Keep em coming! These are all great games btw. Resistance is great but better with more people. Pandemic is fun as somebody mentioned can be a little anticlimactic at times. Ticket to Ride is a pure classic. I have yet to play it with someone that didn't like it.

Posted: November 13, 2011 7:09 AM
    Elardee421
  • itsmarty

Incredible episode! This got me back into watching AOTS. I'm looking forward to more of your boardgame segments

Posted: November 12, 2011 11:33 AM
    itsmarty
  • pkadidlo

For some reason I felt like I needed to wash my hands several times with anti-bacterial soap after I watched this segment!

Posted: November 11, 2011 4:10 PM
  • skelebone

Another great segment. I think AoTS is doing a real service to their viewers by having these in the show. One bit Rich didn't mention is that Ticket to Ride is also available on Xbox Live.

Posted: November 11, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Jormi_Boced

Great segment! I can't wait to see more.

Posted: November 11, 2011 10:46 AM
  • macgruff

As someone new to gaming I'm really enjoying these Game Night segments, and hope they continue. It's tough giving a good impression of a game in such a short amount of time, but Rich has been doing a pretty good job, so far.

Posted: November 11, 2011 10:16 AM
    macgruff
  • THoiA

Excellent segment thanks for this. Pandemic is a seriously cool game, the Resistance can be a lot of fun accusing everyone and Ticket to Ride is a simple but fun game still I prefer the face to face version but I like to sit around the table and play games like that. So either way you are good.

Posted: November 11, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Troymk1

Dude, Pandemic rules! Very exciting if you know what's going on!

Posted: November 11, 2011 5:24 AM
  • StealthMonkey

MOAR of this segment!

Reviews:
    - Pandemic is kinda boring. Very anticlimactic.
    - Haven't played The Resistance. Looks interesting.
    - Ticket to ride is fun, but a little shallow. If you want to ramp up a train game, go for Empire Builder.

Posted: November 11, 2011 12:07 AM