Mickey Rourke Talks Immortals

Posted: November 8, 2011
Mickey Rourke Talks Immortals

Mickey Rourke visits the AOTS studio to talk about his new film, Immortals, about an epic battle between the gods of Mount Olympus.

• OugaBooga

yea, he was being over the top but it seems thats who he is & many roles he played are of characters this type.
    it's pretty clear he had some booze in that cup he was drinking just like on the norton show with jessica.
    Anyhoo, g4 has been sexcise N her down lately so don't be surprised to get more "creepers" on the show.

Posted: November 13, 2011 10:28 PM
    OugaBooga
  • acem77

Mickey Rourke was really a P.O.S. on A.O.T.

This is the first time I had something to say and signed up.

Wow terrible PR for immortals! :( This was an insult I wanted to see this movie .
    Seeing how this DB gorilla behaved on the interview was disgusting.

The company behind the movie should make an apology on his behalf.
    Id rather not see any movies with him in it.

Posted: November 12, 2011 8:13 PM
  • RLitchyG

just got to see the rourke interview and personally i would have plenty better to do than create a G4 account at this time of the morning just to say my peace with the two gorgeous women on the show that may have been said. and i am as a Man personally offenden and i personally was just saying how big of a fan of Mr rourke i am. To the beautiful two women on the show i just want to appologize on behalf of the 3% of men out there not always thinking like that and am lovingly straing just to add. so on that account i still love the mans.. "stunt doubles" lmao but yall didnt deserve that and should be complimented not left feeling super akward on live TV and adam! good job on the interview!

Posted: November 12, 2011 2:05 AM
  • Sammarcoyeea

Wow..what an ass...Loved The Wrestler tho..

Posted: November 10, 2011 9:40 AM
    Sammarcoyeea
  • CandiedWalnuts

Great Job keeping the interview on track Kevin. As for Rourke, he's definitely rough around the edges, but thanks to Kevin, it was pretty hilarious.

-Jackie Boy

Posted: November 10, 2011 12:55 AM
    CandiedWalnuts
  • tiltg3

leaky basement, lol

Posted: November 10, 2011 12:51 AM
    tiltg3
  • grandtheft79902

Makes you wonder how he made it in this town! The f'n nerve of him to disrespect everyone in such a manner! That's it, I am shunning that bastard for life! You know he probably got forced via contract to make all these appearances but that gives hinm no right to disrespect our fellow nerd peoples. So how about it, let's show him how strong we really are! Boycott his ass and every movie he's in! Pass it on yo!

Posted: November 10, 2011 12:15 AM
  • cobracjason

first it is mickey rourke since when has he ever come off as a saint. second grow up, a little truly adult humor ain't gonna be the end of the world.

Posted: November 9, 2011 11:31 PM
  • DirtyMittsMunro

AOTS segment peeps:

Please do not ever invite that jigsaw-faced looking scum bag back to the set. I don't care what he has to say about anything. I know he's probably used to the average hooker rails from his disgustingly small dong, but he's out of his element and out of line saying half the stuff he said to Candace.

Posted: November 9, 2011 4:51 PM
    DirtyMittsMunro
  • smackemup

That guy sleep creeps street urchin, trash eating coke fiends. What the hell were they thinking putting the fine women of the show anywhere near a degenerate of that magnitude. Its just lucky there was not any guests with animals there that day.

Posted: November 9, 2011 4:15 PM
    smackemup
  • mrshock13

One thing I really like about this show is Kevin and his approach at humour throughout episodes. He very obviously plays a character much of the time, and says and does much of his material in a very over the top, joking manner. It's when the more serious or level-headed aspects of the show come on that we get to see Kevin in what seems to be his actual persona: a pretty smart, well-spoken and respectful individual. His interviews on The Loop, along with much of his other material (i.e. Steve Jobs' passing, violence towards youth, etc) have that professional approach to them, which I appreciate.

It was nice to see Kevin willing to only go so far with the humor, and he was clearly disgusted with the way the show went. This was actually one episode which I really didn't enjoy after a point. The whole Rourke interview, from the second it started, seemed off, and it got progressively worse.

Posted: November 9, 2011 2:00 PM
    mrshock13
  • Tribal

You think that was bad...google "mickey rourke on graham norton"
    He was on a couch with Jessica Biel and was even more pervy than he was on AOTS.
    You can see Jessica as far over on the couch as she can get without being to obvious about it.

I think Kevin and the girls handled this pretty well. I just wish I could have heard that after show conversations!

Posted: November 9, 2011 9:22 AM
    Tribal
  • hunterwhite

I was going to e-mail the producers, but I figure I'd have a better chance of being heard here. I'm a huge fan of AOTS but am also very private in what I put out on the internet.

This was an absolutely disgusting segment. Rourke should have been told to take it easy at some point, even if it was done with a sarcastic tone (traditional G4 style) as to not break any contractual agreements. His behavior towards Candace and disrespect towards Kevin and the entire staff royally pissed me off. Judging by Kevin's body language, it did him as well.

Having said that however, I know that hindsight is 20/20, and I applaud Kevin for dealing with it as professionally as possible as to not break away from his obligations of endorsing "Immortals". I wish the staff would have come to Candace's aid a bit faster and not continue to laugh, but I understand they have to stay in tune with the culture of the show. Besides, if she was in any real predicament, I'm sure they would have quickly handled the situation appropriately. Still, what an "on-edge" segment. I'm sure the crew were on their toes the whole time.

You could clearly see the "pissed off" look on Kevin's face at times during the interview - though he tried to press on as best he could. I was very happy to hear his comment later in the show about how he was surprised how anyone could have seen Rourke as respectful. His face told the whole story. I was admittedly comforted upon learning that I was not the only one who thought so.

I hope to never see his (Rourke's) face again on AOTS. When he spit into his hand, I became very nervous as what I was watching was not the normal AOTS humorous sex joke; I was seeing a perverted man who doesn't even have the social intelligence beyond that of seeing an attractive female and implying he would lubricate his you-know-what with his own spit. That is what he was doing, and that is what he was thinking. It was a very candid moment for Rourke and a look into his persona. Very disturbing. My girlfriend and I watch AOTS together (DVR after work) and her mouth was dropped down to the floor. We couldn't believe what we were seeing.

I know I'm not the only one who thought this. Kevin, job well done. I know all the production staff shared my conerns. While I'm at it, since I've been a long-time fan but have never spoken out, I'd like to tell the entire AOTS staff thanks for all the hard work you do. I've been a fan from the beginning - episode 1. The chemistry with Kevin and Candace is spot on. Looking forward to tomorrow's show.

Posted: November 9, 2011 12:30 AM
  • eliteslayer

creepy old perv

Posted: November 8, 2011 10:55 PM
  • jeffj8888

Mickey Rourke has absolutely no class or social skills and doesn t know how to treat woman. It s hard to believe that any guest could come across any more creepy than the Michael Clarke Duncan, Olivia Munn interview from a couple of years ago but there you have it. This man has about as much personality as a Box of Rocks ! In my opinion, worst guest ever!!!!

Posted: November 8, 2011 10:31 PM
    jeffj8888
  • jeffj8888

Posted: November 8, 2011 10:27 PM
    jeffj8888
  • godkiller666

mickey rourke is so far gone...........WOW

Posted: November 8, 2011 9:28 PM
  • nCogNeato

Mickey gives me a sad.

Posted: November 8, 2011 8:42 PM
    nCogNeato
  • Jeprox

That's some A+ Creeper right there.

Posted: November 8, 2011 8:34 PM
    Jeprox
  • Captainmorgan91509

I have always thought that Mickey Rourke is a freaking good actor. And now I know he is a perv too. Hell yeah bitches!! High five Mickey!!!

Posted: November 8, 2011 8:33 PM