Sessler's Soapbox: The Assassin's Creed Movie Deal

Posted: November 8, 2011
Sessler's Soapbox: The Assassin's Creed Movie Deal

• AlecEggleston

Hey Adam, I know you gotta spend countless hours reviewing these games, and heres 1001th opinion on AC Revelation. What do you think about the bribery of the naysayers over the ripping off the posters off the previous titles for rights over the assissins den. Personsonaly, I think It`s a pain in the behind. I mean come on really, yous doin you thing, and your getting attacked from the other side of the island, well Master Assassins I guess. Good Game, and I shouldn`t be a bitchin but damn I loved AC2 Story and mechanics and AC3 even better. Much more and please forgive for being so lazy, LOL!!!

Posted: November 18, 2011 10:43 PM
    AlecEggleston
  • AlecEggleston

Posted: November 18, 2011 10:43 PM
    AlecEggleston
  • AlecEggleston

Posted: November 18, 2011 10:42 PM
    AlecEggleston
  • AlecEggleston

Posted: November 18, 2011 10:40 PM
    AlecEggleston
  • Dikard_von_Doom

@SonyNmbrOneGuy AC is popular but not on the level of CoD. Plus Sessler gives UC3, AC2 and AC:B a 4 for not being innovative enough and coming out too soon game. Yet MW3 gets a 5. The leaps from AC to AC2 to AC:B are so much bigger than MW1-3. In fact Sessler says it himself that MW3 feels more like MW1 than 2. There's no excuse for that kind of hypocrisy. I'm losing my respect for G4 more and more lately.

Posted: November 10, 2011 12:21 PM
    Dikard_von_Doom
  • Dikard_von_Doom

Good for Ubisoft. Let them have as much control as possible so the "movie industry" doesn't muck up or water down the AC universe.

Posted: November 10, 2011 12:12 PM
    Dikard_von_Doom
  • CareyGrant

Adam + Beard = Nerdy-Cool Jason Statham.

Posted: November 9, 2011 10:45 PM
    CareyGrant
  • Jeprox

The Sess looks cool w/ a beard.

Posted: November 9, 2011 9:56 PM
    Jeprox
  • bloosuga

i was too busy looking at the statue of Alduin

Posted: November 9, 2011 6:56 PM
    bloosuga
  • Poke!

Assassin's Cree: Lineage was freaking awesome so if they made a movie like that I wouldn't mind it

Posted: November 9, 2011 6:25 PM
  • xCelticWolf

I'm thinking that I would like to see a movie staring Desmond Rather than someone from a renaissance time mabey that would also, like Adam said Keep that cost of a big set down if you could just use a modern setting. Also i think there is an untaped story within Desmond that could make for a nice flick.

Posted: November 9, 2011 3:27 PM
  • xCelticWolf

Posted: November 9, 2011 3:26 PM
  • klyonawesome

I think assassin's creed could do well as a movie, not recreating one of the games, but using the universe to tell a new story. The games are so well told I would feel "old" to watch them again. Taking Desmond and going through another ancestor would be a far more compelling story line. It would Help Ubi even more if the story ties in with the games so people would benefit from watching and playing. I doubt this will happen, but it would be best for the franchise.

Posted: November 9, 2011 10:55 AM
    klyonawesome
  • V_Translanka

All video game-to-movies should be IN HOUSE ONLY. Hollywood messes it up too often, and the people behind Assassin's Creed already make beautiful imagery and interesting storylines...if anyone is going to adapt their stuff for the big screen, it might as well be them if not just people they choose first-hand.

Posted: November 9, 2011 10:29 AM
    V_Translanka
  • TGE0

I have always believed and still do that the key to making a movie based on the game is to... Well not make the movie based on the game.

By this I mean that you cannot simply go "Hey, lets just take that character/story and cut it into a 2 hour movie."
    The key instead is to look at what is the premise/story and universe that made the game interesting and then to come up with a unique movie that expands upon what was in the game without expanding into it (at least not too much).

Posted: November 9, 2011 7:32 AM
    TGE0
  • Flamethrower16

While adapting the main story of something into another medium CAN work (see: LotR), I think the best way to approach taking a franchise multi-medium is to tell new stories. Let the video games be video games and tell that story in the way that only games can, and if you want to let movies in on the deal have them tell a new story, something that adds to the world of the game in ways that only a movie can. I think this really applies to any adaptation, but because the medium gap between video games and pretty much all other mediums is so vast due to the interactive aspect, it mostly applies here.

Posted: November 8, 2011 10:26 PM
    Flamethrower16
  • Spybreak

Prob from what happened with the Prince of Persia movie, I don't blame them.

Posted: November 8, 2011 9:21 PM
    Spybreak
  • evilbastard

It's not just Video Game movie adaptions, it's also Comic Book movies too. Just look at what Marvel has done when they regained control of many of their IP. Better movies because they can control the process, and have greater creative input.

Posted: November 8, 2011 9:16 PM
    evilbastard
  • rikkuster

This would seem like a no-brainer, to have the company responsible for the creative property to have majority control over a movie, but I guess Hollywood likes to have as much constraining control as possible.

Posted: November 8, 2011 7:34 PM
    rikkuster
  • PrometheanArsonist

Maybe this is Ubisoft trying to stop the movie from ever happening.

Posted: November 8, 2011 6:48 PM