Feedback -- Uncharted 3 & Battlefield 3 Impressions

Posted: November 2, 2011
Feedback -- Uncharted 3 & Battlefield 3 Impressions
In this edition of Feedback, Blair Herter and the G4tv team discuss and debate not only one game this week, but two games, which are Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3.

• Bacon_soap

Could we just get these 4 on every episode of feedback? :D

Posted: November 14, 2011 10:32 PM
    Bacon_soap
  • MarkB666

Adam, sorry I'm a little late watching this episode, so you may never see this, but try to find the BBC radio series The Christopher Marlowe Mysteries. They're just a few half hour comedic mysteries set in Elizabethan England that I think will appeal to your sense of humour, and maybe interest you.

PS. Keep up the good work - while I may not agree with a reviewer, I'd rather an honest opinion than a populist opinion any day of the week.

Posted: November 9, 2011 4:51 PM
    MarkB666
  • wickedinsane

Adam, great to see that youre still there - hope to see you in the weekly feedback as often as possible.
    Other than that a great episode again - keep up your excellent work, guys!

Posted: November 8, 2011 5:09 AM
    wickedinsane
  • Lifendz

This post-Uncharted 3 Adam is really unlikeable. We get it, you don't respect the people that criticized your review. We get it, Uncharted 3 isn't Uncharted 2. Can we stop with all the condescension and attitude already? You've said your peace, you've made your point, and now lets move on. This snobish uber-defensive persona he's adopted is becoming a reason to not watch Feedback...which is a shame because it's one of my favorite gaming shows.

Posted: November 7, 2011 4:30 PM
    Lifendz
  • gamersfan

So let me get this straight. G4 looks down on the PS Move, which is 1 to 1 on pretty much all it's games ever since it came out over a year ago... and Nintendo's new Zelda game makes advancement for 1 to 1 on an already dead console, which is probably not true 1 to 1, and they praise it??? Why does G4 always hate on PS? FAIL! BTW... Uncharted 3 IS an amazing game!

Posted: November 7, 2011 8:27 AM
    gamersfan
  • Bloodthr0e

Hey, Matt, if you've ever seen a boring cop show then you'd know that even when they think you've done nothing wrong, they still act like you did when they interrogate you--even when they know you've done nothing wrong. That's how they get everything that happened honestly out of you. That's just interrogation 101.

Posted: November 6, 2011 10:10 PM
  • Phategod

I think Blair missing the fact that with the exception of Bad company, Battlefield 1 and 2 was Multiplayer only and did not have a single player option

Posted: November 6, 2011 8:54 PM
  • Crash486

I actually agree completely with Adam on the Uncharted 3 plot. It started out with the makings for an extremely deep, emotionally driven plot which touched on Drake's need for adventure and how Sully was getting older. I really felt they were going to take the story full force in that direction, and I set myself up for that emotional climax which... never really came to pass. I thought the desert scene was absolutely amazing to play through, but from that part where the Bedouins show up to the end of the game, I felt the plot was kind of cliche, trite, and really paralleled UC2 a bit too much. That being said, I think I liked the concept of the supernatural powers in UC3 more than that of those in 2, and i felt the final "boss battle" was more fitting than the shotgun fight in the enchanted forest at the end of 2, but overall I think the story really did fall apart at the end.

I'm thinking the reason for this, honestly, was the way the story was shaping up towards the beginning, would taken the narrative down a path towards the conclusion of the Uncharted franchise.

Also, no one's going to read this anyway, but emotionally scene from a video game which actually resonated with me so strongly that I still think about that scene to this day as the pinnacle of emotional story telling in video games. At the end of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater, when the game forces you to pull the trigger on The Boss, that moment was really heart wrenching. I actually sat there and stared at the screen, hoping that if i didn't pull the a trigger, an alternate ending would present itself, but alas i didn't. To this day, I still remember the sound of the gunshot reverberating over my speakers, and the shock I felt over what I had just done.

Posted: November 6, 2011 1:48 PM
    Crash486
  • silentkiller223

HAHAHA Blair....you crack me up...
    Everyone-"He's talking about Drake!"
    Blair-*looks around all weird like* "I'm talking about Sully."

Posted: November 6, 2011 1:42 PM
    silentkiller223
  • rd01011

I'm not using any profanity! Let me post my Comment!

Posted: November 6, 2011 10:41 AM
    rd01011
  • bigmacftn76

ok i was into this feedback but it stopped working at 40:34........ fail..

Posted: November 6, 2011 8:19 AM
    bigmacftn76
  • E-Xane

Uncharted 5: The ultimate treasure

Diagnosed with an untreatable illness, Sully faces only having a few months left to live. Nathan Drake must make a decision, parting ways forever with his mentor and closest friend, or embark on a perilous trip to follow the foot steps of Ponce De Leon to the fabled Fountain of Youth. But is the fountain all it seems? What cost will be paid in search of the ultimate treasure?

Granted that is suppose to be in Florida, where the only thing that springs eternal are fruit cakes, but let's not let that get in the way of a good story...also, forget disney. I don't care what they have written into the pierats of the carrotbein, no one owns a copyright on history.

Posted: November 6, 2011 12:56 AM
    E-Xane
  • E-Xane

Uncharted 5: The ultimate treasure

Posted: November 6, 2011 12:54 AM
    E-Xane
  • batmanjokergorden

Please make Chocobot a regular on feedback or I'm gonna have to choka-bitch.

Posted: November 6, 2011 12:34 AM

firecloud42
  • Jackt

Ths gets me so pumped!!

Posted: November 4, 2011 5:55 PM
    Jackt
  • mr-drake

(dragon ball z yell) yesssssssssssss

Posted: November 4, 2011 5:32 PM
    mr-drake
  • ArtemisFowl64

I agree with adam's sense of fatigue with the number system for rating games, but $60 is a huge investment & being experimental is never the move one wants to take.

Posted: November 4, 2011 2:18 PM
    ArtemisFowl64
  • Dreamer23

So Adam is no longer the host :(.......Don't get me wrong I like Blair but Adam must not be silenced!

Posted: November 4, 2011 12:32 PM