Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 "Weapon Progression" Trailer

Posted: October 27, 2011
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 "Weapon Progression" Trailer
Get a look at the new weapon progression system in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in this trailer.

• DKberg

Infinity Ward: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3 (joint with Sledgehammer Games)

Treyarch: World At War, Black Ops, Call of Duty Mobilized

As you can tell from this, they are not the same developers. If you thought that Black Ops was odd considering the style that MW2 was done in...this is why. We have not seen a game from IW since MW2. Infinity Ward went through extensive turmoil when Activision's CEO Bobby Kotick refused to pay them in full for the earning of the game. As a result, pretty much half of Infinty Wad quit the company, including its founders...and began a new developer called Respawn Entertainment. It is important to know why you should criticize Mdern Warfare before you actually criticize it: It's not Infinity Ward that enjoys overcharging for map packs and pulling in cash from its customers, it's Kotick, and Infinity Wad almost went under because they weren't okay with it.

So let me just say this: I trust Infinity Ward entirely with their experience with First Person Shooters. They have never taken advantage of their customers, and even when Activision now forces them to do so, they attempt to provide the best quality for what they sell their gamers, an attempt to at least give us our money's worth. Infinity Ward is sympathetic towards gamers, and as a company itself, I have profound respect for them. My skepticism for Modern Warfare 3 comes entirely from this issue however: This is no longer Infinity Ward's show...it's Kotick's, who put his hound Sledgehammer Games right next to Infinity Ward to keep them in line.

But on the flip side of this...we're seeing a fusion between the Black Ops customization and the r aw graphics that were behind Modern Warfare 2. So, when you say that the graphics aren't better than MW2's...it's for this simple reason: Your Xbox/PS3 cannot handle anything greater than that. Modern Warfare 2 WAS pushing the envelope...Infinity Ward went all out on it, and now they can't even surpass their own high standards. The textures in Modern Warfare 2 were far better than those in Black Ops...just compare them and you'll realize how true this is. So...I actually applaud Infinity Ward for their use of similar graphics...it shows that they're still attempting to offer a superior game to their players, while Treyarch obviously didn't have this as their priority.

So yes, I'll purchase Modern Warfare 3...but it won't be for Bobby Kotick, it'll be because he keeps great developers like Infinity Ward under his thumb: And I want to see them paid! :)

Posted: November 1, 2011 10:19 AM
  • nintendo247

The biggest issue with "Weapon Proficiency" is that for noobs or players who rose their skill in Black Ops, those weapons will be obsolete and you will have to experiment with new weapons, and the next thing you know- you prestige and lose that progress, now you have to experiment again then find a new favorite weapon. But I think it looks good, eliminates the need for COD Points- I just hope Wager Matches return!!

Posted: October 31, 2011 4:28 PM
    nintendo247
  • Evilimmortal

looks just like mw2 wow O.o

Posted: October 30, 2011 10:25 PM
  • ruthie_gilliam

ruthie_gilliam's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: October 30, 2011 8:50 PM
  • ruthie_gilliam

ruthie_gilliam's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: October 30, 2011 8:49 PM
  • DarqueDragon143

I hate to say it, but I actually got Battlefield 3 and now regret getting that in favor of MW3. I love the game, but the silence is killing me. No one is using a mic. In COD games, almost everyone uses a mic. Granted, most of that is people being rude towards other players, but at least I know I am playing with and against other people.
    So, I think I am gonna trade in BF3 and buy MW3 this Tuesday.

Posted: October 30, 2011 5:39 PM
    DarqueDragon143
  • Puking_Goombas

Looking forward to the game. Currently playing Gears and Battlefield 3 to occupy my time and enjoy some great multiplayer. I know the multiplayer will be good but I'm really worried about new additions and new guns. I'm more worried about how they balance these weapons so they feel right as you shoot them not just always using an overpowered gun. I like to have to have options.

Posted: October 30, 2011 4:16 PM
    Puking_Goombas
  • santiago919

I just wished Call of Duty would add real damage on buildings and vehicles like Battlefield 3

Posted: October 30, 2011 2:59 PM
  • yazman666

They can say whatever they want ....COD is a ton of fun and fast paced game-play.... adrenaline goes up..im ready for campers....

Posted: October 30, 2011 10:41 AM
  • asayfie

Im a HUGE CoD fan and I am (was) SOO excited for MW3, mainly because of multiplayer, so was stoked to check this video out. After watching, I'm really disappointed, and dare I say sad. I was hoping infinity ward would really "push the envelope" like they have in the past, but this all seems like more of the same. Throw in some over-priced map packs that will undoubtedly be released a few months after the game, and I really feel like they are letting an epic franchise die in pursuit of easy money. I really, REALLY hope they prove me wrong...

Posted: October 29, 2011 11:17 PM
    asayfie
  • Gamefreak1792

All this they could have packed into either a title update for MW2 or an expansion pack. The proficincy perks are just perks taken from MW2 and re-labeled. The turret is from Black Ops and to top it all off there arnt any new gametypes or even new features. All they have is Multiplayer, Spec ops, and Campaign. Compare that to something like Halo with forge, theater, multiplayer. campaign, firefight, etc. and this game is just seriously lacking is quantity as well as quality. The graphics dont even look that updated. It looks like something they threw together in acouple days just to make more money off gamers. This is why I stopped playing COD, all it is is a repackage of old stuff! DONT BUY! DONT SUPPORT GAMING COMPANIES USING US FOR MONEY! DONT FURTHER THIS MINDLESS BULL!!!

Posted: October 29, 2011 9:39 AM
    Gamefreak1792
  • Orejon21

Im sorry but I am a COD fan since before big red one came out and MW3 is just seeming blah it really is the same shyt and the guy from the interview said we have a new weapon referring to the sentry gun used in black ops ( i understand its new to the MW side but overall it has been used in cod therefore its not new) and now they are using the gun progression which is used in the BF series and yet I have only played bad company 2 and BF3. I picked up BF3 and its just a great game the MP is insane and intense and if your complaining about bf3 MP honestly its prolly because your not good at all. I bet you BF3 will have the better graphics and most def the better MP with obviously the advantage of bigger maps and vehicles other then that MW3 will probably have the better SP campaign .

Posted: October 29, 2011 8:18 AM
  • PUBstomperPRO

COD COD COD. I wish they had more games like halo where u dont die from 3 shots of an A.R. in multiplayer. Your grandmother could pick up a controller and get kills

Posted: October 29, 2011 5:24 AM
    PUBstomperPRO
  • Jump_Suit_Jesus

Its going to be kool I guess but its the same thing just Like the other Call Of Dutys Nunthing is really different

Posted: October 28, 2011 7:27 PM
    Jump_Suit_Jesus
  • Sheineken

Wow Infinity Ward you say this is all new stuff, but yet it still seems like the same ol' stuff just different names for them like weapon proficiency sounds just like perks just class based and the EMP is basically a slightly better flash/ stun cause that does the same thing to turrets and such, so you really never did anything new for the game besides change the same thing, but what the hell I'm still gonna buy it even if it's just MW2 with a "new" functionality, name, and art.

Posted: October 28, 2011 4:50 PM
  • dudley2003

WOOW. RIght from Battlefield 3...

Posted: October 28, 2011 3:45 PM
  • FRISCO415

BF doesnot have cool stuf like this

Posted: October 28, 2011 10:16 AM
    FRISCO415
  • FRISCO415

dang 2 weaks till MW3 vote yes on this comment if you love COD

Posted: October 28, 2011 10:10 AM
    FRISCO415
  • FRISCO415

danf 2 weaks till MW3 vote yes on this comment if you love COD

Posted: October 28, 2011 10:09 AM
    FRISCO415
  • freaknizzle

Okay I'll admit I suck at Call of Duty, but I'm really good at Battlefield because I like to play with more of a tactical gameplay. However, both are equally fun to play; quit with the fanboyism.

Posted: October 28, 2011 9:07 AM