Battlefield 3 PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison Video

Posted: October 25, 2011
Battlefield 3 PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison Video
Find out the differences or similarities between the Xbox 360 version and PS3 version for EA's Battlefield 3.

• Fluffythepoo

But how does it look on the Wii??????

Posted: October 30, 2011 9:16 AM
    Fluffythepoo
  • Bloodthr0e

Looks like the same stuff. PS3 might have smoother edges. In any case, the game looks great either way. The reason you should get it on PS3 is because it comes with BF1943 for free and everything is on one disc.

Posted: October 30, 2011 8:12 AM
  • FRISCO415

i got BF 3 it SUCKES!! im sorry i got it today and it suckes good thing i got a brother that has MW3 P.S PS3 is beter

Posted: October 28, 2011 12:58 PM
    FRISCO415
  • HoeBag

PC is the obvious winner. But b/t consoles its the PS3

Posted: October 27, 2011 12:27 PM
    HoeBag
  • malypso

I see a big difference for one, the 360 version has an unusual amount of clipping throughout the entire video while the PS3 version has virtually none. Well let me tell you what a load of crock these videos are! Take a look at the these two exact videos, in Hi-def, running side by side, on the first sight I posted and you will see the truth! I personally switched to the 360 version because the textures load faster while streaming from the hard-drive and are slightly better than the PS3 version. As far as the clipping goes, its only this video that has the clipping. Both games have some screen tearing and clipping, but in every head 2 head video that I have seen and every review I have read, they state that the PS3 version has more performance issues, the textures are slightly better on 360, and the textures take longer longer to load in on PS3. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the Hi-resolution pics and these videos too! Not being a troll, fan-boy, or bias, just telling the truth! I hope this helps...

http://www.lensoftruth.com/h ead2head-battlefield-3-side-by -side-video-ps3-xbox-360/
    http://www.gameblurb.net/fea tured/versus-battlefield-3-scr eenshot-comparison/
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/h ead2head-battlefield-3-screens hot-comparison/
    http://www.gametrailers.com/ video/pc-vs-battlefield-3/7229 98

Posted: October 26, 2011 10:34 PM
    malypso
  • cardinalsfan1122

There is some tearing issue on the 360 but I'm sure that's just an anomoly. And about the flag being visible on 360 and not PS3 that's because they are in different positions. The Xbox 360 character is a little further to the left which is why he is not looking directly at the sun and can see the flag. But the PS3 is looking at a much more direct angle towards the sun.
    So besides a few little things they look the same. Shocker. The Xbox texture pack was a needed comparison video but this not.

Posted: October 26, 2011 9:01 AM
    cardinalsfan1122
  • Keerplop

Looks good. While I have a high-end PC I'll be playing this on the 360, because of LIVE and I like the controller better, but it looks good on both the consoles. All of the little effects that are added are great, they really give the game space some "weight".

Posted: October 26, 2011 7:27 AM
    Keerplop
  • Gamerkyle23

weather it looks better on ps3 or 360 doesn't matter to me i own a 360 and thats the console i'll be playing it on and im sure it will look good enough to please me. Better than COD MW3 im sure.

Posted: October 26, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Jintaka

After seeing this game played on a pc with ultra settings i laughed at this feeble attempt of nerd baiting. The xbox 360, and the ps3 are both antiquated when it comes to PC's. It is a fact a pc is far more superior than any console.

However to me enjoying the game is far more important than what system its on. For me that is PC because modding to me extends the lives of some games far more that crap dlc ever could. I'm looking at you Civilization V.

Posted: October 26, 2011 6:13 AM
    Jintaka
  • Johnno91

Huge amount of tearing on the 360 from 0:40-1:00

Posted: October 26, 2011 2:08 AM
    Johnno91
  • Dorby5826

There is not a significant difference. The Xbox 360 version is a little darker, but that is it. You can adjust that with your TV settings.

Posted: October 26, 2011 12:31 AM
    Dorby5826
  • Ttimberwlf11

Honestly there is a difference between the two consoles. I see it but I can't say which one looks better because I think that DICE has created a game that looks good across all gaming platform. So shouldn't we just be happy that the Frostbite 2 technology actually looks pretty damn good.

Posted: October 25, 2011 11:38 PM
    Ttimberwlf11
  • Angelicsin87

At least the PS3 version doesn't need a HD texture disc

Posted: October 25, 2011 6:13 PM
    Angelicsin87
  • DarthHerter

SERIOUSLY G4 ANOTHER COMPARISON VIDEO WTF!!!!!!!!??????????

Posted: October 25, 2011 4:40 PM
    DarthHerter
  • BELCEBU

stop the video at minute 3:16,the ps3 has better light efect and the sun looks more real,take a look ath the 2 flags in the middle above the arc,in 360 you see them both because the effects arent so real and in ps3 you can only see 1 and the other not so good because of the realistic sun effects...

Posted: October 25, 2011 4:27 PM
  • rockula01

There is very little difference. Where one lacks slightly, the other maybe gains, and vice versa. There is not enough difference to even debate "better or worse". Both look good. The game likely looks BEST on a high end PC with a God-like video card. But either way, this game looks and sounds fantastic any way you DICE it! Ha ha. Sorry. I couldn't resist. I'm not a fan boy of any format either. I happen to own a 360, but would like to buy a PS3 soon. AND, I'm considering a mid-level PC for Steam gaming. So really for me... it's a matter of convenience and the ability to make use of whatever. I have two young boys who are now fighting for "Game time"... so I need to pick my spot in the house and be happy.

Posted: October 25, 2011 2:26 PM
    rockula01
  • WhatGuy

To me it seems the 360 lacks a few texture details, the walls of the train, the roof of the train, and the lighting is less than the PS3's version. But other than that its pretty much identical.

Posted: October 25, 2011 2:05 PM
    WhatGuy
  • brucebruce503

i have both and the 360 looks better then my ps3 version by far

Posted: October 25, 2011 12:55 PM
  • IIXvWolfvXII

I dont knwo pretty hard to tell, though it does look like on the 360 version the color is a little richer and just barely a little more definition. Maybe its too close to tell but to the untrained eye it looks like the 360 version is a bit smoother and more rich.

Posted: October 25, 2011 12:10 PM
    IIXvWolfvXII
  • Scottanthony

Played both console versions, which is why we are all stickign to the PC which loosk so much better. But out of the console playing and deciding which we will go for, we would go with the 360 for many reasons. The live communty and server stabilty was better. The resoultion is higher on the 360 (ps3 is only 720p). Also certain details at long distance shots.

But the PC version is the way to go.

Posted: October 25, 2011 11:59 AM