Rage Xbox 360/PS3 Comparison Video

Posted: October 3, 2011
Rage Xbox 360/PS3 Comparison Video
Does Rage look better on Xbox 360 or on the Playstation 3? Find out as we compare the two side by side in our comparison video for Rage.

• jce12987

xbox sucks.

Posted: October 10, 2011 11:00 PM
    jce12987
  • refanatic2000

its funny, most ppl bitch and moan about G4 doing comparison videos and all bc itll start a fan boy argument, but honestly i find it MORE annoying to see everyone complain about a flame war that hasn't even started yet bc they're too focused starting a flame war ABOUT a flame war they dont want. (it made sense, just wasnt said too clearly lol) look ppl this is a gaming web site. you want lots of updates and lots of different content? well here ya go, THEY'RE DOING THEIR JOB! if it really bothers you all so much then why are you opening up the page and reading all the comments to recruit yourself into a pointless troll war? personally i find these videos somewhat enjoyable. is it informative and really helpful? no not really, its just something fun to watch so you can see how these amazing pieces of technology handle certain software in their own way. so stop complaining that G4 sucks and cant produce enough clips that meet your standards. THIS IS WHAT A GAMING SITE DOES. oh and btw, i went with pc. i have a really high end unit so i handled it all fine with no issues. and judging from what ive been hearing, its also prob the best version (aside from the little hiccups some ppl experienced that can be fixed) i hope some of you take something out of what ive said here.

Posted: October 8, 2011 5:23 PM
  • DarthHerter

g4 i beg you please stop putting comparison videos up. no one cares. instead you can you that for a quick run down of weekly psn or xbox live content update or something useful. comparison video serve no purpose but to start a flame war.

Posted: October 7, 2011 12:28 PM
    DarthHerter
  • PeckDolly

my best friend's mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here CashLazy.com

Posted: October 6, 2011 1:20 PM
    PeckDolly
  • Custnam

I decided to get it for ps3 mainly because of the 360 having multiple discs, but now I am wondering if maybe I should have gotten it for 360. On my ps3 it has very bad and noticible texture pop in. I noticed it first in the beginning when you first drive in, Everytime I looked over at the driver his face would form right in front of my eyes. Oh well, maybe a patch soon?

Posted: October 5, 2011 7:56 PM
    Custnam
  • bobthebaptist

Pc master race ftw!

Posted: October 5, 2011 6:16 PM
    bobthebaptist
  • nvmisfit

There are pros and cons to all versions.I don't personally see much difference in this video.Xbox may have an advantage as far as texture loading because you can install the entire game onto the hard drive, while the PS3 still has to read some data from disc at times.I have the PS3 version and do notice the sharp details of textures loading in whenever I look around.I assume the Xbox version is able to load textures quicker.The PS3 version doesn't need disc swapping from singleplayer to multiplayer,so that's a good reason to get PS3 version and ultimately the main reason I got it for PS3.You also don't have to worry about the disc getting scratched as much since Blu-Ray is much more resistant to that than standard DVD's.I supposed another advantage that Xbox version has it that it is most likely easier to find people to play multiplayer with since I'm sure Xbox Live has more players on it than PSN.I haven't had to wait much for the Road Rage mode, but for wasteland co-op I find myself waiting a lot for people to join my game or to find games to join.That's just my experience though.Anyway, Rage looks and plays fine for me on PS3 so I'm not that concerned that it might look a little better on Xbox.The fact it doesn't take up as much hard drive space and I don't have to swap discs are still reasons enough for me to prefer the PS3 version.

Posted: October 5, 2011 4:58 PM
    nvmisfit
  • RampagingPumpkin

Yo PC is better then 360 or PS3 atm so smack Sara Underwood on the ass.

Posted: October 5, 2011 3:32 AM
  • secretguy_90

ya I still think doing these are just trying to start a flame war and G4 needs to find something better to do with there time and money then these stupid comparison videos... so ya I'm pretty much done with this website they aren't interested in news anymore. They are getting just as bad as Kotaku just posting retarded stuff to get hits from enraging people well they won't be getting traffic from me anymore peace out G4..

Posted: October 4, 2011 9:21 PM
  • bigevilworldwide

It's a good thing G4 has become a total 360 fanboy website, Funny I bought the ps3 version and it looks nothing like the comparison...So strange who would have thought a 360 fanboy website would try to skew a comparison towards 360....I own both consoles but somehow I would rather install 8gb than 22gb which is where my decision to buy the ps3 version came from, well that and somehow I dont think I need to worry about filling the 1tb HDD in my 20gb launch console.

Posted: October 4, 2011 7:51 PM
    bigevilworldwide
  • scorpian876

Honestly it doesn't matter which console Rage is on or how good it looks on both consoles,it's the type of television and the high definition cable plug in and the type of flat screen T.V. your using.

Posted: October 4, 2011 6:14 PM
    scorpian876
  • GREENTRA1N

Seriously? The only time you're EVER going to notice the SMALL and INSIGNIFICANT difference in graphics between the ps3 and xbox 360 is when you're wasting time watching comparison videos on the internet. You should try actually playing the game. I guarantee you that as soon as you start shooting people and blowing crap up, you're not gonna care enough to notice any difference at all.

Posted: October 4, 2011 5:18 PM
    GREENTRA1N
  • cooperjs1

It's just like it always is. PS3 exclusives ALWAYS look incredible. BUT, when you get a release of the same game for both consoles, the 360 takes the cake. It always looks a little sharper and the colors always look a little brighter. I gotta say XBOX 360 for the win!

Posted: October 4, 2011 4:47 PM
    cooperjs1
  • Tommy2funny

I don't understand this. Everything looks so distant on the PS3. Almost like it just needs a simple tweek to brightness or contrast. Lots of questions to be asked but by this video you would have to say Xbox on the left looks better. Honestly though what is the point of all this. We already know that many of the developers have yet to hit potential of PS3. Take games that focus on PS3 and put them on XBOX. I am no pro and I may be wrong but I'm sure UNCHARTED games might look dull on XBOX.

Posted: October 4, 2011 4:23 PM
    Tommy2funny
  • tumbleweed64

I just got both in from gamely PS3 and xbox360 I have a samsung led that's 1080p but I do have to say I was excepting the PS3 to be better and if you ever played unchartered 2 you'd know what the system can do. Both look great and run the same but the xbox has far less texture pop-ins than the PS3..to the point where it was distracting on the playstation.

Posted: October 4, 2011 1:24 PM
    tumbleweed64
  • 2ply

These comparison vids are always the same now, the only real visual difference is a matter of changing some screen settings.

All they ever do at this point is spark unnecessary fanboyism lol.

Posted: October 4, 2011 12:54 PM
    2ply
  • SilentStrikers

Poor demonstration. Settings were noticeably different between the two systems. Perhaps even different TV's. In the end, unless the gamer has a higher end HDTV, there will be very little differences that people will notice, if any. You would need to know what to look for to even notice for the most part.

Posted: October 4, 2011 11:56 AM
    SilentStrikers
  • xjohn

Xbox360 looks better. Both look good.

Posted: October 4, 2011 11:33 AM
    xjohn
  • guitarded77

They are exactly the same... ID should be commended. For those saying the PS3 is brighter... well, those are setting issues due to G4 sucking at comparisons.

Posted: October 4, 2011 11:29 AM
    guitarded77
  • Xodi

my copy is on its way, for my pc.

Posted: October 4, 2011 11:25 AM