Sessler's Soapbox: Resistance 3 Plays Like a Dream

Posted: September 6, 2011
Sessler's Soapbox: Resistance 3 Plays Like a Dream
Adam discusses how much he loves Resistance 3; from it's presentation, to it's awesome controls, to the dark and mature story line.

• Hig1134

Yeah, Adam, be sure to tell Morgan that her downgrading the PSN in her review of this game was really necessary. Especially considering that she didn't even try it for the review, but still had to mention live being so much better. It turns out that every review I read says MP in Resistance 3 is either good or great. Hmmmmm. Morgan should go play WoW and leave the real game reviewing to you brother!

On second thought, just tell Morgan that she sucks!!

Posted: October 18, 2011 11:08 AM
    Hig1134
  • KL1994

love the AI in the game they love to rush you when your low on ammo lol

Posted: September 24, 2011 10:26 PM
  • Keerplop

Cool Soapbox, it got me interested enough in Resistence 3 to check it out. I played through Resistence "1" and thought it was decent but something about it felt very generic. I bought Resistence 2 and have yet to even put it in my PS3 but after watching this Soapbox I'm going to just skip Resistence 2 and give 3 a try, when I find the time that is.

Posted: September 18, 2011 8:11 AM
    Keerplop
  • DirtyMittsMunro

Excellent soap box, Adam. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on Resistance 3, and kudos for taking the time to do your soapbox in your sick state.

Posted: September 17, 2011 8:33 AM
    DirtyMittsMunro
  • lazerbyte

Well done Adam as you are not a fanboy or if you are it doesn't show!

I'm so tired of TV pointing out or doing xbox related releases (GTTV) where they talk about the game and how wonderful the system that is is on is the best.

I find them to be very biased in that department as you slap Gears or Halo on any game and people will like rabid dogs go out and buy it!

To me the xbox has ruined single player gaming as it is all about the online experience. I don't like to play online all the time I want a good game I can dive into and play by myself and Resistance 3 does that really well here!

Insomniac did a bang up job of this game and since it is not a sequel per say it fills in nicely!

I do like how the game throws the big guys out you almost right away! When I was on the boat and saw the Goliath I was like WOW look at the size of that thing and when am I gonna die!

If you have a PS3 you are required to get this game!!

Posted: September 17, 2011 6:56 AM
  • ilovemyjeep

I signed in just to leave a comment about Adam's shirt.

Adam, I love that Burroughs shirt. I love Naked Lunch. I love that Adam will always be an English Major first, and a gamer second.

Makes me proud to have my BA in English :)

Posted: September 11, 2011 8:21 PM
    ilovemyjeep
  • ajax32

Very good analysis. I completely agree. Very hard to put down. I finished the campaign in two days and that killed me. I wish I would have spread it out a little more but damn is it fun. Going to replay again soon.

Posted: September 10, 2011 10:26 PM
    ajax32
  • rytupyurs

yeah just cus a game takes time 2 make doesnt mean itll b good in the end look at duke nukem

Posted: September 10, 2011 1:37 PM
    rytupyurs
  • listlurker

One of the things which sets Adam apart from other reviewers is that he tries to explain why he likes or dislikes something.

You may not agree with him, but at least you'll know why he thought what he did.

Unlike so many other reviewers, Adam works at doing more than just saying "This game is great", or "This game sucks, because I said so, and I'm the reviewer. Here's the score"

I always go to his reviews first, because he gives reasons for /why/ he holds certain opinions. You can accept his reasons or reject them, but at least he puts them out there.

Posted: September 8, 2011 6:41 PM
    listlurker
  • Benayo

If you own a PS3 and like FPS there is no reason why you shouldn't play this game, at least give it a rent. I'm only a few hours in and have only come across 7 different weapons but they are all awesome. I have never played a game where i enjoy using all of the guns. Shooting and blowing up stuff in this game feels really satisfying. The story of the game is also pretty good, the characters are also pretty well done which drag you even deeper into the story. From the start of the game they let you know what you are doing and why you are doing it.

So many good games coming up, I'm not going to be able to play them all. Next year's summer game drought won't be so bad since i will be catching up to all the good games i won't get to play this year.

Posted: September 8, 2011 12:18 AM
    Benayo
  • sjruns

I agree Adam...I am really looking forward to playing and owning this third sequel to the franchise. The graphics looks amazing and I'm looking forward to getting into the action once again against the Chimera. Feel better Adam...

Posted: September 7, 2011 6:36 PM
    sjruns
  • flyingchicken

Wow! Adam, every week you make me look up to you as an idol.

Posted: September 7, 2011 4:49 PM
    flyingchicken
  • loonypalooza

I really didn't like Resistance 2, so I don't know if my opinion can be changed. I liked the large set pieces and some of the boss battles in the second game, but I felt that the gunplay was lacking. All of the weapons felt really weak and it felt like I was taking on the Chimera with a bunch of paintball guns. I've always enjoyed Battlefield or Call of Duty's "aim down the sights" animations and the gameplay that comes out of that. Resistance 2 had that aged snap to the middle of the screen kinda thing going on and it kinda threw me off. Resistance 3 seems to have the same kind of gameplay so I don't think I will be picking it up, maybe a rent to play through the campaign that Sessler is raving about.

Posted: September 7, 2011 1:55 PM
    loonypalooza
  • II-Preacher-II

Resistance: Fall of man had terrible default controlls in my opinion. In order to play the game smoothly, I had to set my controller to play like Call of Duty - R1 (shoot), L1 (aim down site), R2 (grenade), etc. Resistance 2 fixed this and then Resistance 3 made it perfect. Well done Insomniac!

Posted: September 7, 2011 6:01 AM
    II-Preacher-II
  • Eldrich

Adam, Get well soon.

I hear this is a 6-8 hr single player campaign.

Not sure this amount of content will deserve a premium retail purchase.

Posted: September 7, 2011 5:05 AM
    Eldrich
  • estradahillsboro

Sounds awesome can't wait to pick it up
    oh and hope you feel better Adam.

Posted: September 6, 2011 10:16 PM
    estradahillsboro
  • Cashprizes

I like Killzone more than the resistance series.

With Killzone, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, and deviations into CoD and Battlefield, I got more than enough shooters. Resistance 3 would have to be the end all to make me play iy, seeing as how I didn't like the last 2.

I was not convinced ;p

Posted: September 6, 2011 9:20 PM
    Cashprizes
  • Spybreak

Weapon Upgrades from Bioshock = alright baby!

Take the crazy chaotic setting of Resistance with that and you get fun toys of destruction!

Posted: September 6, 2011 8:48 PM
    Spybreak
  • aaaaaaa14680

Sally wong= mega troll and is on every video i see that has playstation involved

Posted: September 6, 2011 8:07 PM
    aaaaaaa14680
  • aaaaaaa14680

what the hell sally wong is such a troll the shemale is on every playstation video probs still trying to keep the fanboy fight alive

Posted: September 6, 2011 8:05 PM