The First 15: Dead Island

Posted: September 6, 2011
The First 15: Dead Island
Come take a look at the first 15 minutes of gameplay for Dead Island and see for yourself how deadly this island can get.

• OdinGungnir

Deep Silver needs to fix their games this game is glitchy and gets really repetative real fast

Posted: September 15, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Deathspear666

EPIC FAIL for showing it on an inferior console like the Crapbox 360......PS3!! lol :)

Posted: September 7, 2011 10:39 PM
  • eticket109

Seriously... the first thing you have the black guy do is steal money from suitcases.

Really guys? Really?

Posted: September 7, 2011 10:23 PM
    eticket109
  • roscobot011

So I was playing the first modern warfare (just to go through again before MW3) and I had alt tabbed out at the main menu for a bit. Got distracted and figured id watch this video. As Im watching the guy go around through the hotel im sitting here thinking "wtf, the music to this game sounds EACTLY like modern warfa.....oh wait im a f'ing idiot"

Posted: September 7, 2011 4:39 PM
    roscobot011
  • BMatos0116

I cant wait till I pick this up this weekend! Gonna be dead island and cereal for the whole weekend!

Posted: September 7, 2011 3:19 AM
  • martymar82

I'm already feeling buyers remorse with this game, too bad to because I really thought it was gonna be decent.

Posted: September 6, 2011 4:40 PM
    martymar82
  • Jordan_160

This seems like another one of those games where everyone around you is a pile of poop and you have to do EVERYTHING for them.
    Like that lifeguard forgot his key, go get your own dang key ya moron.
    Harris: that guy was crying his head off and wouldn't even help you with the last zombie, screw that guy he's a wussy

Posted: September 6, 2011 4:14 PM
    Jordan_160
  • TheBRADLeyB

I'm on the wall about this game.

When I saw this trailer and a dev say that the weapons weren't 'whacky' and were realistic I got excited. And then I saw things like the electric machete and how blue lines emitted from it and zombies who were struck with it and I kind of just figure this was Left 4 Dead 2 Meets Dead Rising 2.

So how is it?...

Also do you hear the Pacific Islander girl say, "I set you free!" every 5th kill like she does in the gameplay videos?

Posted: September 6, 2011 1:23 PM
  • LexLagger

two things happened on this games release...

http://forums.steampowered.c om/forums/showthread.php?t=210 1253

and

http://kotaku.com/5837480/wh oops-you-might-be-playing-an-u nfinished-version-of-dead-isla nd

Posted: September 6, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Argetlam31

O.K., please tell me that, when we heard the irish(?) sounding voice over the elevator comm, I wasn't the only one who was waiting for him to say "Would you kindly?"

Posted: September 6, 2011 10:43 AM
  • jstjohn83

picking up my copy after work!

Posted: September 6, 2011 10:23 AM
  • DragonLord1123

It reminded me of the opening of Bioshock. Also seeing the people from the first trailer is a nice easter egg.

Posted: September 6, 2011 8:24 AM
  • Thogin

Playing now, so far is a very nice game and is very RPG ok people... is not left 4 dead action

the pace is slow, you look around, you explore....

and there is a lot to explore

Posted: September 6, 2011 6:15 AM
    Thogin
  • Pahkmycah

Still on the wall about buying this game...

Posted: September 6, 2011 5:47 AM
    Pahkmycah
  • tolazytothinkofaname

Was I the only one who saw the husband and wife bodies in the room a tear came to my eyes I swear YOU WILL BE AVENGED

Posted: September 6, 2011 1:42 AM