CoD: Modern Warfare 3 Strike Packages Breakdown

Posted: September 2, 2011
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 Strike Packages Breakdown
G4's Donell Tucker and Eric Eckstein give you a first look at all the strike packages you will have at your disposal for Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

• m.lucero89

I play airsoft and can find replicas of my favorite guns at www.airsplat.com and when I'm not playing fps are my way to stay on point.

Posted: October 13, 2011 12:47 PM
  • MarioSal

I love playing first person shooter games because I get to use the models of my favorite airsoft guns. Not the same as the real thing, but just as good on a rainy day, or 3 in the morning when the neighbors are asleep. I go to this link because I can find airsoft copies of the guns from my favorite games: http://www.airsplat.com/airsof t-video-games.htm.

Posted: September 9, 2011 3:17 PM
    MarioSal
  • dcrabiddoggy

all devs peek at each other and steal, just steal the cool stuff i say! game spot has two hours of spec ops and multi player game play go and check it out. with infinity wards brutal break up it is no surprise there is no updated tech engine this year, but at least the in fighting between studios has ceased, which can only be good for us! we are all gonna have a blast playing this game. i'm just gonna say this one more time. watch the mlg guys play. camping is called tactical. holding an area or staying with your squad in small controlled movements is how they win the big bucks. so running and gunning is how most of us regular folks approach this game at first eventually most folks slow down and realize the intricacies of the map, choke points, objectives ect... it takes patience to own a quadrant, give it a try and see if you don't have a deeper experience. grrrrrrr you now have space rabies lol!!!!

Posted: September 6, 2011 10:58 AM
  • IIsArePro

They finally made a game mode for non campers... Now if they only added dedicated servers this game would probably be a very very good game

Posted: September 5, 2011 5:33 PM
    IIsArePro
  • SparksHelenem

SparksHelenem's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: September 5, 2011 10:06 AM
    SparksHelenem
  • aaron1983

I agree, there's no new graphics engine here, So I'll stick Crysis 2 thanks infinity ward. You lazy buggers.

Posted: September 5, 2011 10:01 AM
    aaron1983
  • hoowatson2013

hoowatson2013's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: September 5, 2011 8:20 AM
    hoowatson2013
  • Offbeatalchemy

As long as the assault package doesnt count air support kills towards your streak, i have no problems with the new system. i was really skeptical about this game but it looks good. I think its more of a MW 2.6 than a full sequel but it looks good enough for me to preorder now.

Also, one small tidbit. To every who thinks bf3 is gonna be better, dont compare them. Besides both being modern shooters, they dont have much in common. They're way too different to compare. That's like comparing Street Fighter IV to Smash Bros.

Posted: September 4, 2011 10:53 PM
    Offbeatalchemy
  • RageCat

I will be shocked if I read an unbiased MW3 review on here.

Posted: September 4, 2011 1:07 PM
    RageCat
  • JRX75

wat happend to the tatical nuke???????????:|

Posted: September 4, 2011 12:20 PM
    JRX75
  • Lozerkid21

I love how people are bashing this game if you dont like it go play battlefield and they didnt rip off homefront for adding the support feature i was hoping they would and it was Medal Of Honor that did that not Homefront, Homefront didnt even have that feature. I personally like what they have done it helps stop the campers and they dumbed down the killstreaks and explosives and added what they did to help you deal with them as well, wich ultimately this one is gonna be the best of them all. The only thing i hope is it wont be hackable like MW2.

Posted: September 3, 2011 7:40 PM
    Lozerkid21
  • Randomhobo45

i want to see something about the guns and attachments cant wait for mw3

Posted: September 3, 2011 4:36 PM
  • davidmastertkd

mw3 looks like a mix of black ops and mw2 it seems awesome :)

Posted: September 3, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Arm3g3don

I just wish G4 would have a special page to dedicate all these articles of COD stuff. The news headlines are inundated with CoD articles, is there no other significant gaming news?!

Posted: September 3, 2011 3:05 PM
    Arm3g3don
  • TheRedBaron1157

With all theses additons to how perks are going to be i thnk the game is going to be very chaotic and id say your going to be killed more by kill streaks than actual players :( .......... Everyones going to get Cluster
    F-D by campers and there call ins.

Posted: September 3, 2011 2:45 PM
    TheRedBaron1157
  • baymeo25

DUDE!!

CHECK OUT THE SUPPORT STRIKE PACKAGE!!!

These are no longer kill streak rewards. They are KILL rewards. The Support Strike Package kill streak persists through death. This means that you don't need kill streaks per say. You just need kills. If you get 3 kills, die, then get one more kill, you still get the UAV if it is chosen. That's why UAV under Support is 4 kills as opposed to the assault which is 3. If you kill, die, kill, die, kill, die, etc, you can stil get the Escort Airdrop as long as you reach 18 kills! Assault Strike Packages reset upon death; Support Strike Packages don't. Assault punishes the opposing team (MW,MW2); Support Strike Packages help your teammates.That's balance, my friends. Can't wait for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: September 3, 2011 12:34 PM
    baymeo25
  • Hortonsgoal

Calling in ballistic vests? Sounds like they kinda ripped that one off from Homefront.

I'm in agreement with those who say that they're overdoing it with killstreaks.

Posted: September 3, 2011 7:47 AM
  • PsylentType

Well you deleted my comment, thanks G4, time to delete you!

Posted: September 3, 2011 6:33 AM
    PsylentType
  • CALiiGeDDon

Game play for CoD is alright but the killstreaks and the camping is what kills the game so much..

Posted: September 3, 2011 12:25 AM
    CALiiGeDDon
  • BlackKillerKong

Wow noting like a home cookie watching news.

Posted: September 2, 2011 11:57 PM