Soul Calibur 5 "Characters & Features" Preview

Posted: September 1, 2011
Soul Calibur 5 "Characters & Features" Preview
Hisahauharu Tago, Producer for Soul Calibur 5, gives G4 a preview at the new characters and features they have improved for Soul Calibur 5.

• Goddhand

As a hardcore fan, every interview thus far has left me disappointed and nervous. They talk about fixing the flow of the game, but that wasn't broken. They say they've fixed balance issues, but they don't mention Kilik. They talk about introducing new features, but critical edge is already in the game. Your favorite characters are out, the ones still in play differently, and a button masher is being simplified even further. I'm not excited for anything in SC5, and that's a shame.

Posted: September 6, 2011 2:48 AM
    Goddhand
  • ZyX2323

I agree with 2ply... SC series seem to be one of the last true fighting games. Tekken, MK and SF have seem to go to the way of more offence only and forgot defence and stratagy as game play. Sc4 was great as defence and offence players matched up very well. Mk now is kum and mil pure offence of the win. I hope they aviod that!

Posted: September 5, 2011 10:38 PM
    ZyX2323
  • scorpian876

Sweet! I am so looking forward to Soul Calibur 5! ^_^

Posted: September 5, 2011 8:05 PM
    scorpian876
  • scorpian876

Sweet! I am so looking forward to Soul Calibur 5! ^_^

Posted: September 5, 2011 8:03 PM
    scorpian876
  • dbzwig

They should bring back the custom weapons from SC3 and not just make clones of the main cast

Posted: September 5, 2011 2:53 PM
    dbzwig
  • Poopoo64

I'm happy both this and Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown are coming out in 2012.

Posted: September 2, 2011 10:06 PM
    Poopoo64
  • Flight_Eagle

Among other things, i want a face maker with more than 4 faces, then variations of the face. Also, the art style doesn't seem to translate well to the game, or is that just me?

Anyway, it seems Angemon won't be the narrator anymore. Could be wrong, but still.

Posted: September 2, 2011 5:32 PM
    Flight_Eagle
  • TraumaHunter

I still think soul calibur as the "premier" 3d fighter for e-sports.

Not as many "heavy hitters" in the 3d department in comparison to 2d fighters.

Posted: September 1, 2011 8:08 PM
  • 2ply

In nearly every interview they mention how important it is to be fun to play and flow.. it has me worried.

Please do not design this game for the casual market.

To make it even easier to play and pull off those crazy moves would not make it more fun for most arcade fighting fans, or help them with their goal to attract the hardcore fighting crowd either (they mentioned that in another interview).

Posted: September 1, 2011 12:11 PM