Dark Souls Gamescom 2011 Trailer

Posted: August 17, 2011
Dark Souls Gamescom 2011 Trailer
FromSoftware present a new action role playing game to the spiritual successor to 2009's Demon's Souls. Watch this Gamescom 2011 trailer for Dark Souls to see tense dungeon crawling and fearsome enemy encounters.

• cacdac20

Here's to 2 weeks off from work when this game comes out! ..or perhaps 3 even so I can play every character in the game :)!

Posted: August 18, 2011 7:30 AM
    cacdac20
  • Heeroic

Yes! Finally a game where wielding bow and arrows means you excel at close-range combat!

Posted: August 18, 2011 5:14 AM
    Heeroic
  • 2ply

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :D had to get that girlish squeel out.

But this news raised a question. I'm assuming when they say "Class X wields Weapon X" that doesn't mean they aren't able to use other weapon types.. right?

Posted: August 18, 2011 4:01 AM
    2ply
  • Tactless_Ninja

If it's anything like Demons Souls, the classes won't matter at advanced levels. Though the mention of a master key has me intrigued.

Posted: August 18, 2011 1:14 AM
    Tactless_Ninja
  • yogi_bear_rules

i'm buying this game for sure but should i try demon souls first? keep in mind i want dark souls to be extremely challenging and i'm not sure if playing demon souls will soften the blow.

Posted: August 17, 2011 11:35 PM
    yogi_bear_rules
  • 52Fatal_Strikes

We finally have NEWS!! Thank you G4 (LoL) i am reading a G4 post for the first time in like 2 months! :)
    Good stuff thank yoooooou! Ok haters, you may now hate....

Posted: August 17, 2011 10:05 PM
    52Fatal_Strikes
  • Azazel_Jones

The Deprived: The Magikarp of Dark Souls

Posted: August 17, 2011 8:46 PM
    Azazel_Jones
  • godzillaisyourdaddy

They have Neanderthals( Deprived) in this game!? Count me in! That was a lame joke; anywaaaaaay, this game is going to make me cry.... with joy and most likely in fear of getting my ass handed to me millions of times! Good stuff.

Posted: August 17, 2011 8:30 PM
    godzillaisyourdaddy
  • ChiefReaver

This game looks really really cool, but it sounds like they sacrifice sheer fun for sheer difficulty.
    I hope this game is fun.

Posted: August 17, 2011 6:32 PM
    ChiefReaver
  • westraz

Hunter: The hunter wields a bow and arrows; perfect for close-range combat. However, this class is vulnerable to magic.

I think they mean perfect for long-range combat right?

Thief: Guilt-ridden, the thief deals high critical hits and has a Master Key.

any clue to what a Master Key is?

Posted: August 17, 2011 6:29 PM
    westraz

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------

The Bandit looks pretty awesome. Can't wait for this game... :)

---------------------------- ------------------------------ ----------------

Posted: August 17, 2011 6:12 PM
    SableBop
  • Aaron82

The Barbarian in Demon's Souls started with no clothes and armed only with club and wooden shield, but it had the highest starting stats. I'm wondering if Deprived will be similar.

Posted: August 17, 2011 5:30 PM
    Aaron82
  • Blackronin357

I wonder if the deprived becomes the best archetype in the game! I'm thinking of being the warrior, wanderer, bandit, cleric, or pyromancer? Looks like mutiple play throughs may be in my future!

Posted: August 17, 2011 5:29 PM
  • kinghunter64

Oh Demon Souls, I loved it when people would invade my game. Especially those guys that spend all their time trying to raise their attack speed to ridiculous levels. Nothing like an easy parry and a one hit kill to show them who's boss. :D

Posted: August 17, 2011 5:27 PM
    kinghunter64
  • Atsu

Ugh. This looks so good. Demon's Souls was such an incredible throwback to the old school challenging video games which gave you such a grand sense of accomplishment. Can't wait until this comes out.

Posted: August 17, 2011 4:22 PM