Prototype 2 Gameplay Preview

Posted: August 10, 2011
Prototype 2 Gameplay Preview
Prototype 2 will feature Sgt. James Heller on a mission to kill the original game's hero Alex Mercer, and Kristin Adams got an early look from Radical Studio Head Ken Rosman at this, abilities, tendrils, weapons, and more.

• trixter098

this game looks so good i think im getting it i played the 1 one but i know this one is going to be better

Posted: November 24, 2011 7:47 PM
    trixter098
  • Trityler

I felt that the original Prototype was just that... a prototype. The powers were cool, the story was ok, and the havoc you could create was stress relieving. They had a solid foundation, but it didnt have the polish and shine you would expect from a major title. And, once again with the overused prototype metaphor, the game was also a Prototype for Radical in the sense that it was their first original IP and their first serious attempt to make a name for themselves. When you consider the kind of developer they were before the first Prototype, you cannot deny the game was a major step forward for Radical. So the question now is, can they keep up their stunning rate of self-improvement? I sure hope so.

Posted: August 14, 2011 10:37 PM
    Trityler
  • dukeletoatreides

I hope they make more $$$ this time around. I heard the first one bombed.

Posted: August 13, 2011 7:12 AM
    dukeletoatreides
  • Davon14

all of you need to hop down from your high horse, stop riding prototype's d*ck and realize that infamous and prototype are both good games.Also lets get real prototype 1 wasn't the best game in the world not the worst but not that great as you guys make it out to be.

Posted: August 12, 2011 11:26 AM
    Davon14
  • AngelsandDemons

I had two issues with the first. The mindless onslaught of enemies that attacked you when you were detected by the enemy and the city drone like citizens walking about. The environment felt more like that old cartoon "The Spiral Zone," dead and barren, more so than a vibrant, living world. I hope they've improved on that this time around.

Posted: August 12, 2011 6:49 AM

ReiverBell21
  • SliQuid

nice

Posted: August 11, 2011 6:56 PM
    SliQuid
  • MDT'Ster

If your having a bad day, and you just couldn't play any other game as good as you should because your so miserable, then pop this bad-boy in. Cause you'll feel so overpowered that you could never see yourself dieing.

I'm not saying overpowered is a bad thing, cause in this game it works perfectly!

Posted: August 11, 2011 6:43 PM
    MDT'Ster
  • MasterOfWeed

For those people who are trying to compare this game to Infamous this game is completely different and is for a Mature audience since it does include gore and dismemberment which Infamous does not and game play wise this game is different because you can't run up buildings or glide like some sort of flying squirrel in Infamous.

Prototype 2 is going to be great just like the first one was but with better graphics and new skills I can't wait.

Posted: August 11, 2011 4:02 PM
    MasterOfWeed
  • Liquid Swords

Meh, us PS3 owners have a MUCH better option..............Infamous 2.

Posted: August 11, 2011 2:13 PM
    Liquid+Swords
  • Jtoon

Looks like fun and I probably will get it because I got the first one and had fun with that one.

Posted: August 11, 2011 2:11 PM
    Jtoon
  • lowkevmic

The first Prototype was amazing. I bought it at release, and it's still a game I'll play regularly.

Cannot wait until next April for the sequel!!!

Posted: August 11, 2011 2:07 PM
    lowkevmic
  • Chris13579

I don't like the ugly vine red crap things that shoot out. It is open world and looks kind of fun.

Posted: August 10, 2011 11:25 PM