Diablo 3 Combat Preview

Posted: August 8, 2011
Diablo 3 Combat Preview
In this Diablo 3 gameplay preview, Blair Herter visits with Game Dir. Jay Wilson for a look at combat, abilities, Battle.net service, and new auction house with real-money transactions.

• Wulfgarr

Way to lose business,tell everyone they MUST be ONLINE to play a freakin single player CONSOLE game.F you BLIZZARD.

Posted: September 14, 2011 12:34 PM
    Wulfgarr
  • TheTomplexthis

dude, it should be offline for single player and online for multiplayer its jsut simple, absolutely no reason to be forced into playing a SINGLE player game online, it wouldnt be to bad if it was multiplayer but its not, not everyone has internet and most people got wifi, wifi is just plain crap and drops people out, so id think about 80% of diablo fan might not buy it just because of that, and the AH real money thing, sounds stupid youd make money but all the rich people would get anything they want

Posted: August 18, 2011 9:05 AM
  • ChiefN602

This looks like Gauntlet, i don't know if that's bad or not.

Posted: August 15, 2011 10:45 AM
    ChiefN602
  • Kleins92

honestly ive been excited for this game for a while, but all this recent news is kinda changing my opinion. he says the reason for a constant internet connection is to help store your character (its called a hard drive), and to stay better connected with your friends (if people want to be connected, they will connect). And the real money AH is just silly. It's so unnecessary and will ruin the game with stupid kids just, like @AllyoftheForce said, taking their parents credit cards and buying all the best gear. Come on blizzard, get your !#*$ straight.

Posted: August 13, 2011 9:23 AM
    Kleins92
  • AllyoftheForce

Having a constant internet connection isn't anything new to me since EA required it on most of their PC games for the past few years. But I refuse to play on battle.net anymore. Now I have even more reason not to play again when this comes out knowing that there are players that will be tossing around mom and dads credit card to buy their way to Elite status instead of playing the game. And by playing I mean sitting at the keyboard playing the game, not hitting a button and walking away for 10 hours. I'll still be getting Diablo 3, but I'll be playing alone and blocking all invites of any kind. But I am slowly gettting to the point that I may not get it if this nonsense keeps up.

Posted: August 12, 2011 4:48 PM
    AllyoftheForce
  • JimboG

The required internet connection is a deal-breaker for me. I live on campus in a dorm and the only internet available is at our campus library. I don't believe for a second Blizzard can somehow make your experience "better" by only being online. It's a single-player game for christ's sake.

Posted: August 11, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Jinnified

loads of ppl using wifi these days, and drop happens, my point is, if during the game, looting or whatever, you found a fantastic piece of item, and when you just about to pick it up, then your wifi dropped, i bet the player would be real pissed, and blizzard's constant internet connection requirements for single player, will bloody make me raaaaggeeeee, i bet

Posted: August 11, 2011 12:44 PM
    Jinnified
  • pie_master30

@Slow_Cheetah i couldnt agree with you anymore. Me personally, i havent always had the internet and sometimes its nice just to play offline to test your skills. Plus Diablo has been one of my favorite PC games of all time and to me, this just ruins it.

Posted: August 11, 2011 8:53 AM
    pie_master30
  • Gellidus

I am a blizzard fan, truly who hasn't been charmed by one of their games?

But as soon as i heard that players can put up items on the AH for real money the first thought was, "Wtf?" followed by "Great, gold now will be useless on the Ah, thanks blizz"

Mind you not much info on it, so this is just the first impression and so far it isn't good, but hey at least you don't need to use the AH to enjoy the game.

Posted: August 10, 2011 6:56 PM
    Gellidus
  • VillarrealAndy

VillarrealAndy's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: August 10, 2011 12:53 PM
    VillarrealAndy
  • Slow_Cheetah

I can easily say that since playing Diablo 1 & 2 years ago I had always planned to immediately go out and buy any and all Diablo games that came out. It was easy math.

The decision to have to have a constant internet connection (even in single player) that Blizzard has made means I will not be buying this game and that saddens me...

Posted: August 10, 2011 10:18 AM