Diablo 3 Beta Gameplay Video

Posted: August 1, 2011
Diablo 3 Beta Gameplay Video
G4 shows you beta gameplay footage of Blizzard's upcoming game, Diablo 3.

• NewtonBonita

I just paid $22.87 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $675 which only cost me $62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, BidsOut.com

Posted: August 3, 2011 7:57 AM
    NewtonBonita
  • Tank2006

Is there anything that doesn't die in one hit?

Posted: August 2, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Locust_Star

Looks beautiful, I'm super stoked, i am however really disappointed with the requirement to be online at all times. The main reason i got this pimped out gaming laptop was so i could still play games where ever and whenever i wanted. What were they thinking? This seriously impedes the way i prefer to play this as well as,but not much limits their fan base.

I'm not impressed with this decision at all, its quite possibly one of the most lame decisions they could have made. I could care less about the auction house aspect as I'm generally not too concerned about what others are doing in their own games. This is because I'm predominantly a single player campaign kinda guy. If someone wants to buy a piece of armor or weapon who am i to gripe about how they do it, at the end of the day it has no effect on my experience whatsoever.

Having to be online at all times however seriously affects the way i play games. in every way possible. My question is this. Why? is it just some sort of security feature masquerading as some revolutionary new game mechanic that lets you connect to others at all times? Or do they really think that the fans care about connectivity in such a manner. I mean, if i wanna get online and play i'l just click multiplayer and go online, its not that hard really. I really hope they release a patch circumventing this, as its major annoyance. Otherwise i'l be forced to download some shoddy workaround from some shady website. As a paying fan i should be able to enjoy this game where ever and whenever i want without restrictions. Feature like this just seem to be a result of backward thinking.

I was so excited for this game, and in all honesty i still am. I know there will be some hack released giving me the ability to play offline, which is all i really want to do anyway. Its just so disappointing to read something like this in the year 2011, video game designers in this day and age have an obligation to strive towards progress, and a simple decision like this seems like a step completely in the wrong direction.

Posted: August 2, 2011 4:51 PM
    Locust_Star
  • DoomBlackDragon

I like how Blizzard some how made the world magicly reapper after baal corrupted the world stone and Tyrael has to destory it. It also funny how Diablo is no longer perma dead. After all his soul stone was shattered with his soul being destored. Let not forget the Diablo 2 was made 10 years ago and the improvements to Diablo 3 is very small.

Love how no one is jumping on Blizzards back for screwwing up the Diablo lore. If people do not believe me when I say diablo is dead. Well go to youtube and what this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =46YHIIu9D8Q

Love being a true diehard diablo fan and not afraid to crush the want a be fans hopes by telling them the true. This game is an abbomination. The only class they brought back from D2 was the noob class. OMG the barb was so easy and simple to play. A real boring class. Lets not forget all the security holes in multiplayer. Hackers everywhere. Great times.

I played D1 and D2 + expation. Let me tell you the difference from D1 to D2 where like night and day. The game had improved so much. This video so little has improved. Oh my it flashy. Big woop. How is Diablo even comming back even though he is dead? Why is the world still in one peice when Baal won. Heroes lost at the very end.

I know alot of people who know nothing of diablo are going to give me a -1 but that just shows how many people know nothing of diablo. Are the true fans will give me +1

Posted: August 2, 2011 4:36 PM
    DoomBlackDragon
  • YakShakedown

This game looks awesome. I can remember playing Diablo at my friends house back in 6th grade and now being a sophomore in college, I can't wait to buy this. Please release this before March. I can't wait much longer

Posted: August 2, 2011 11:52 AM
    YakShakedown
  • roscobot011

I'm looking forward to it. Sure, this genre doesnt show its face too often anymore. But I applaud them for sticking to the roots for this. Tired of waiting to, but meh, It's Blizz. I've just accepted that everything they do is slow heheh.

Posted: August 2, 2011 10:44 AM
    roscobot011
  • SpiffRawr

agreed*

huge fan of Blizzard titles from day 1 but my wait for this game has been too long. I'm sure it'll sell great, but the hack & slash ISO is played out...too many good 3rd party titles came in to fill the void during the decade in between...and has exhausted my interest.

Posted: August 2, 2011 10:11 AM
    SpiffRawr
  • EarstotheGround

Glad to see the game has stayed true to its roots, and upgraded/updated where necessary. This will very much appeal to fans of the original Diablo.

Cant wait to sweet talk some noobs in the village, ...and pillage their loot.

Posted: August 2, 2011 7:48 AM
    EarstotheGround
  • Zrow89

looks good.... you know what would look better? Warcraft IV!!!!!!

Posted: August 2, 2011 5:15 AM
    Zrow89
  • Malimber

Eh its dated. I was a huge fan of the diablo franchise but there's nothing in this I haven't seen before. Its the same game as it was 10 years ago in a shinier wrapper. Iso crawlers have had their day unfortunately its just not going to be as big as it was.

Posted: August 2, 2011 3:05 AM
  • hoof_hearted4

cant decide between monk or witch doctor first playthrough, im thinking monk....

Posted: August 2, 2011 1:42 AM
    hoof_hearted4
  • jimmiebomb

man,so many complaints,are you serious diablo fans or just people looking to kill time,this game looks amazing,reguardless of the wait

Posted: August 2, 2011 12:38 AM
  • BoydofZINJ

Why is Diablo 3 popular? Well the Diablo series is an old one. It was one of the first mature RPG. It also was both complicated and easy at the same time. Few single player RPGs (even to this date) have a multiplayer mode to them such as in the Diablo series (minus MMOs). You could PvP, form groups, develop different types of characters of the same type ( there were several variants of the barbarian - for instance). At the same time the LOOT. Ever wonder why slot machines are so popular? They have this quick turnaround between action and reward also allows people to get into a repetitious, uninterrupted behavior which lets the player or user work and get rewarded - even if the reward is seldom and few. When you hit big... you feel an accomplishment. Loot and Diablo is like that. You can browse youtube of the older Diablo games where people go on "runs" to find loot and often will repeat this exercise many dozens of times a day ... just for a rare that can be valuable.

Short version - its a quick pace RPG that is both easy ot learn and hard ot truely master with tons of loot and a good multiplayer aspect that allows people to enter your game.

Posted: August 2, 2011 12:37 AM
    BoydofZINJ
  • BoydofZINJ

There goes the troll macross... macros.... you ever say anything good? about any post?

Posted: August 2, 2011 12:25 AM
    BoydofZINJ
  • umbralupinus

For the people who ask why this game looks so great, You'd have to have been with the franchise from the beginning to really understand in my opinion, those people who played the first diablo and were entrapped in its dark, gritty, dungeon diving game play, are the ones who best understand.

Posted: August 1, 2011 10:44 PM
    umbralupinus
  • Omoi2

Why is this suppose to be so great please someone tell me

Posted: August 1, 2011 8:50 PM
    Omoi2
  • FuhrerWolf

I think Torchlight is going to beat diablo 3, blizzard took too long and still hasnt made plans to put this out but torchlight looks more cartoonie but i like it way better but we will see.

Posted: August 1, 2011 7:36 PM
  • JeeshusChrist

I hope this game PvP becomes apart MLG eSports like WoW and now Starcraft 2 is because I really would love to compete in this.

Posted: August 1, 2011 7:11 PM
    JeeshusChrist
  • JeeshusChrist

I really hope the PvP becomes are part of MLG like WoW and now Starcraft is because I seriously want to compete in that.

Posted: August 1, 2011 7:05 PM
    JeeshusChrist
  • nycplayboy78

I agree I am sick and tired of waiting for this game....meh....

Posted: August 1, 2011 6:54 PM