ISP's Six Strikes Plan Cracks Down On Piracy

Posted: July 11, 2011
ISP's Six Strikes Plan Cracks Down On Piracy

Illegally downloading music and movies could get a little more complicated, thanks to the new "six strikes" plan put together by major Internet service providers and entertainment companies. Kevin Pereira talks to CNET's Greg Sandoval for the latest.

• justicelord

all this are good ideas and people who doing tat will get cup but i have a question is streaming illegal? if it is hulu is illegal

Posted: July 12, 2011 8:17 PM
  • slimmer

These companies are all filled with liars and thieves, more power to the pirates.

Posted: July 12, 2011 4:30 PM
    slimmer
  • chronoboi

Do you know if this also effects Canadian ISPs? I know AT&T owns Rogers and I think Bell. I'm sure something similar will happen in Canada soon too.

Oh and it was the old ladies fault, she is responsible for what happens on her network.

Posted: July 12, 2011 2:32 PM
  • 2ply

So what he is saying is.. if someone were to get 6 strikes, they could just set their wireless to being unsecure, pleed ignorance, and blame it on a neighbor jacking into it? lol

Luckily I don't have to worry about any of this at all where I live >:)

But if anyone wants to truly stop me from downloading, they should start making movies and such that are actually worth paying for!

Basically everything i've seen over the past 5-10 years has been total money grubbing hollywood garbage, and the few that weren't trash got my money after seeing it was actually worth supporting.

Posted: July 12, 2011 11:58 AM
    2ply
  • suryu

lol why u snitching ur self out like that lmao but i don't want them to block unsecured wifi when i go out i can use wifi on my phone and text free of charge no data caps lol and you can't torrent on a phone so yea

Posted: July 12, 2011 12:00 AM
    suryu
  • Mentaly_unsound

Jees Morton, it's called a joke. :P

Posted: July 11, 2011 11:39 PM
  • MortonH8SU

Jeez Kevin, if you love the Family Guy so much you can watch it like the rest of us on like, every basic cable channel as of late. In fact I'm watching it right now!

Posted: July 11, 2011 6:24 PM