Feedback -- Uncharted 3 & Journey Beta Impressions

Posted: July 6, 2011
Feedback -- Uncharted 3 & Journey Beta Impressions
In this edition of Feedback, Adam Sessler and the G4tv.com team come together to discuss what they thought about the online multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and the deserted exploration of the Journey Beta.

• Musu

OMG "FEEDBACK VIDEO GAMES" is my new ringtone so awesome thank you Stephen, you guys rock.

Posted: July 28, 2011 5:32 PM
    Musu
  • Shuuvuia

Ha! I saw that movie too. It was kind of sad when the father died. He was a funny old drunkard. :) It was really anticlimactic though.

Posted: July 26, 2011 7:37 PM
    Shuuvuia
  • cptjames

I would love for the feedback group to attempt to play EVE. I dont know what type of games they enjoy tho because EVE requires a hardcore player to be any good at the game.

http://massively.joystiq.com /2009/02/18/the-lowdown-on-eve -onlines-new-player-experience /

Posted: July 12, 2011 2:24 PM
    cptjames
  • Madav

Around 23 minutes, it was interesting for me to hear that Adam has DirecTV in his household. I'm curious to know how he feels about G4 being taken off their programming list after being unable to reach an agreement upon time for a potential renewal of their contract. It's ironic to think that a major star of G4 can't even watch his own company's channel.

This might be an opportune situation for a sappy letter from Mr. Sessler to DirecTV about renegotiation, and maybe play middle man with G4 and them. Maybe throw some weight around, eh eh. How's about helping out of a dilemma some loyal, disconcerted former viewers (forced to be former viewers, I might add) with whom you can relate?

Posted: July 12, 2011 2:25 AM
    Madav
  • Creaxis

I clicked th video expecting a nice little run-through of the betas for Uncharted 3 and Journey. I was a little off with my expectations..... haha

Posted: July 11, 2011 7:51 PM
    Creaxis
  • drgnmstr44

Ok you guys mentioned on this episode that arcade machines didn't do what Capcom says they did with regards to the Resident Evil Mercs 3D. While I agree that you can reset arcades, you need to look at the fighting games that were in arcades.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 worked like this. You got characters as people unlocked them. This is a Capcom title and a lot people enjoyed this. Soul Calibur worked the same way. you got more characters to fight with when people unlocked them.

This works great in an arcade machine and the culture around them. I would agree that for a hand held game, it's probably not a good idea

Posted: July 11, 2011 3:06 PM
    drgnmstr44
  • neonscorpion

Yea, I'm really scooping up a lot of stuff from the Steam sale, lot of stuff I missed over the years, and one or two new things (Terraria, Witcher, SW:KOTOR, Torchlight, GTAIV, some other stuff), and generally looking forward to July 26th when I get Catherine. I am such a huge fan of a lot of things Atlus does in general, and in this crew of developers in particular (They did Persona 3 and 4). It should be crazy and surreal and fun. Also the same day is the Dragon Age II DLC, and I'm looking forward to see if they really did listen to their customers when they crafted this.

Posted: July 10, 2011 12:07 AM
    neonscorpion
  • playwithcoffee

I think Emily is great on the show! She knows what she's talking about, and she's cute as he**.

Posted: July 9, 2011 4:12 PM
    playwithcoffee
  • speedram

I miss Abbie so much. Just isn't the same anymore.

Posted: July 9, 2011 6:35 AM
    speedram
  • Dexter111

There's a thing called a "Steam Summer Sale" going on at the moment that you failed to mention, where you can get hundreds of great (and even fresh, creative) games like for instance Terraria, Jamestown, Frozen Synapse, Sanctum or Plain Sight (among others).

Posted: July 8, 2011 4:23 AM
    Dexter111
  • MaelStrom_

i notice no close-ups of emily is this because you think we make fun of the mole on her face? i like her in multiple ways and wont make fun of her mole.

Posted: July 8, 2011 4:04 AM
    MaelStrom_
  • Cathartic Denoument

Adam: "Booty Call of Duty."

XD ROFL!
    You, sir, have won the Internetz.
    I double dare you to go to the CoD-Con & yell that out in the middle of the showroom floor/lobby area, to everyone in attendance. [And then swiftly proceed to the paintball area & start playing.] XD

Posted: July 7, 2011 11:21 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • ursacor

Once again good show, but I need to ask what is going on behind Mr. Sessler? Behind the Sess man this time was some sort of ball package thing, before that was a Donut and the past three show before the Donut where three different movies. Are you sending out some secret code for rescue? Should the X-Play Power rangers be sent in ?

Ursacor

Posted: July 7, 2011 10:15 PM
    ursacor
  • Deffman26

Hey Adam, Though I do respect your opinion VERY much. I have to disagree with you on your opinion about Jon Stewart's comments. While I will concede that I don't think he totally got the argument of the gaming industry. I think his comment were more on the idea that violence is now completely OK in this society, and the it should not/ cannot be censored. While sex is now such a heinous act that if there was a "nipple slip" it would able to be censored. Quoting Scalia saying that the government might be able to restrict sexual materials from going to minors. Like I said before I respect your opinion and I would just like a little more clarification on how you think he got it wrong.

With respect to a senior...( had to get one jab in)
    Dirk

Posted: July 7, 2011 9:41 PM
    Deffman26
  • jscott0126

When El Shaddai Ascension is released on July 26 could the feedback crew please discuss it? To me it was the best NEW thing at E3 and hearing that one of the guys involved with Okami (one of my favorite games) helped create it makes me even more excited for this beautiful looking game

Posted: July 7, 2011 8:47 PM
  • Lifendz

God I love Adam's hearty laugh. And am I the only one that plays the Sessler game in which you repeat the first syllable of whatever word he starts he's sentence with because he frequently gets stuck on that word. It cracks me up every time. "I I I I I I" "It it it it it it" "

Posted: July 7, 2011 3:24 PM
    Lifendz
  • jay_bird26

how do ppl get the spider swarm kickback in the beta, when i was playing it says i need a special code, and i no u can get it by preordering at gamestop, but ive played with like 5 ppl already that had it, im wondering now how they got it already?

Posted: July 7, 2011 3:03 PM
    jay_bird26
  • jay_bird26

Posted: July 7, 2011 3:02 PM
    jay_bird26
  • jay_bird26

Posted: July 7, 2011 3:01 PM
    jay_bird26
  • Aaronindhouse

Love Feedback guys. Its never boring and I always enjoy the discussions on the show

Good RPGs to either play for the first time or replay
    These games are for the PS1 but they are still great today.

The Legend of Dragoon
    (Highly under rated game IMHO. It was overshadowed by FF7. Give this one a chance)
    Star Ocean 1 and 2
    This is one of the only RPGs that i actually found leveling up to be honestly fun in. The battle system is almost like an action rpg. You wont we be dissapointed with these.

If you savor these gems you have a good few weeks of time taken care of!

Posted: July 7, 2011 12:46 PM