Rage "The Legacy Of ID" Behind The Scenes Video

Posted: June 30, 2011
Rage "The Legacy Of ID" Behind The Scenes Video
The development team behind, RAGE, explain the legacy of their company, id Software, and they dive into their new game engine, ID Tech 5. Check out the first behind the scenes video in a six part series for RAGE.

• 4Aces

Unfortunately with only 15 hours of gameplay, a linear story, repetitive close-quarters combat (from trailers), and very limited MP, I just hopped onto the fence (from a buy). It was that first point that was a clincher. Only 15 hours with side quests? Either the SP-main quest is very short (5-6 hours) or else there cannot be many side quests, and even less explorable world, though it is supposed to be open.

The reviews will tell the tale, but this seems more like a fizzle than the surprise hit that I was expecting. I do hope that they have been working to add in more quests since they released the disappointing news about the game's length back in early 2011. Bethesda will probably want to package it as pay-DLC though...

Posted: August 31, 2011 10:10 AM
    4Aces
  • justtroy

They were clearly mentioning crysis when they said th framerate was twice as high as the game thats considered the best looking game on console but when it comes to graphics, this game doesn't compare to Killzone 3, Crysis 2, and definitely not Battlefield 3 when it comes to graphics. And is it just me or does Id Tech 5 kind of sorta look like unreal engine 3?

Posted: August 3, 2011 11:12 AM
    justtroy
  • logdog200x

This was a day one buy for me when I saw it at E3 last year and it just keeps looking better. John Carmack... that guy obviously doesnt drink, or if he does it's formaldehyde because he looks exactly like he did 20 years ago.

Posted: July 1, 2011 12:13 AM
    logdog200x
  • BorderlandsJunkie

Cool Game id get into that looks fun

Posted: June 30, 2011 4:26 PM
    BorderlandsJunkie
  • BorderlandsJunkie

Cool game

Posted: June 30, 2011 4:23 PM
    BorderlandsJunkie
  • JustTheBeginning

Call me a skeptic but I am just not sold yet. They keep saying "oh its so radically different, its not just another shooter" but I really have not seen much that says otherwise. Sure it has neat gadgets, cars, great animation and graphics, but the gameplay looks linear and I have been to this whole apocalypse settings what seems like three or four times now.

Posted: June 30, 2011 11:55 AM
    JustTheBeginning
  • hoof_hearted4

this is more linear and level based from what i know. a huge turn off for me. i was hoping for a FO3/borderlands hybrid, openworld, rpg. its just another fps with rpg "elements" splash on. it looks fun dont get me wrong, and based on reviews once we know everything, i might even get it, but for not im on the fence.

Posted: June 30, 2011 11:31 AM
    hoof_hearted4
  • Motino

Looks like what Borderlands should have been.

Absolutely can't wait for this one

Posted: June 30, 2011 11:10 AM
    Motino
  • Illuminate88

That voice over for the first guy was John Goodman.

Posted: June 30, 2011 7:52 AM