The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Xbox 360 E3 2011 Interview

Posted: June 15, 2011
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Xbox 360 E3 2011 Interview
Marek Ziemak, Level Designer at CDProjekt Red, gives us an E3 preview on the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Find out what the team goals were when bringing a PC game into a console platform.

• dreadlordwe

This is very good news knowing that alot of us cant really afford a really nice computer right now and have a 360 on hand and i think they'll make good profit with this release for 360.

Posted: June 27, 2011 6:06 PM
    dreadlordwe
  • thejman85

this is good news my computer can't run these games so am happy

Posted: June 22, 2011 9:49 AM
    thejman85
  • aver1588

They said that they will probably release PS3 version too, but they have no resources to make two versions of the game at the same time.

Posted: June 17, 2011 9:42 AM
    aver1588
  • AshVSdarkness

I've only scratched the surface of the first Witcher but I think this is awesome news. I feel bad that PS3 peeps won't be getting it though. That being said, hopefully the graphics will be up to par, hope the controls won't be too dumbed down for console players and hopefully it keeps it M rated edge. And depending on 360 sales, I think the PS3 guys will get this game eventually. Just my 2 cents.

Posted: June 16, 2011 4:58 PM
    AshVSdarkness
  • goodbiscuits

Spoiler!

It's going to be stripped down and more difficult to control.

Posted: June 16, 2011 9:52 AM
    goodbiscuits
  • NortheastMonk

owning both PC and steam versions, I will have to take a pass. But honestly this game is probably one of the best rpgs out there.

Posted: June 16, 2011 9:21 AM
    NortheastMonk
  • illadelph

Can't wait to play this just really would like to hear a release date.

Posted: June 16, 2011 8:23 AM
    illadelph
  • JeeshusChrist

I really wanted to play this game but my computer sucks and I don't have the money to upgrade it right now. But I am definitely going to get it for xbox so happy to hear it. But when I upgrade my PC I am definitely rebuying it for PC.

Posted: June 16, 2011 7:27 AM
    JeeshusChrist
  • Marsipaanimies91

OMG another great RPG that doesn't end up on the PS3? Seriously why is it so hard to make a proper RPG on the PS3? Dragon Age 2 sucked balls and White Knight Chronicles was plain bad. 360 has fable and now this. All we have on ps3 is the same crappy shooters, gran turismos and lbp for babies. Now we even lost demon's souls to the box... Please CDProject, port this game to the PS3!!

Posted: June 16, 2011 6:13 AM
  • koolboricua

i like this game for mine PC just too bad now i wont have to buy it for the 360 but heck, i love my PC.

Posted: June 16, 2011 5:34 AM
    koolboricua
  • RPG-fan

You console gamers whether it's Xbox 360 or PS3 already have so many exclusives, try being a PC gamer. I hope CDProjekt changed their minds about releasing The Witcher 2 on any console.

Posted: June 16, 2011 3:00 AM
    RPG-fan
  • gerbg229

This will be good for the very short 360 exclusives list.

Posted: June 15, 2011 11:22 PM
    gerbg229
  • UltimateGamer1991

i cant wait to play this, about time x box users get a good exclusive game, since Ps3 has a whole bunch

Posted: June 15, 2011 11:00 PM
    UltimateGamer1991
  • UltimateGamer1991

@JakobiRobi9, well since the Ps3 has a retarded amount of exclusives that us x box users dont get to play, i say it's only fair that we get a good RPG that Ps3 owners dont get :)

Posted: June 15, 2011 10:53 PM
    UltimateGamer1991
  • UltimateGamer1991

Posted: June 15, 2011 10:52 PM
    UltimateGamer1991
  • Hydrafiend

Even on PC low settings the game still looks pretty darn good lol.

Posted: June 15, 2011 10:49 PM
    Hydrafiend
  • camaro72toy

I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted: June 15, 2011 8:34 PM
    camaro72toy
  • godzillaisyourdaddy

This is one of those games that I just WANT. It looks so amazing and to play it on PC is to obtain the full experience, but since I lack such a computer, I have to get the 360 version instead. Doesn't matter to me, it is game that RPG lovers( above the age of 17) must play once in their life to experience what a true RPG experience is like; with decisions that lack a clear good or evil side, and everyone has a hidden agenda. Life is not about good or evil, it is all about the grey that we see in the world and this is one of those rare games that gets it right.

Posted: June 15, 2011 6:35 PM
    godzillaisyourdaddy
  • JakobiRobi9

WHY is this not being released on PS3??? What the frick CDProjekt Red?!?? Don't you guys want to make the most amount of profit you can?? What the hell? I mean, WHAT THE HELL?????!!? PS3 owners, ALL OF US, are sitting here going, "What the HELL?!?!? Screw you guys, TOO!".....I take that back, I just REALLY want to play this.....what the hell?

Posted: June 15, 2011 6:20 PM
    JakobiRobi9
  • Shotenzenji

same here, buying a high end gaming PC hasn't been in my budget for many years. heck I haven't even had a brand new computer in a while just second hand ones I buy from my brother when he buys a Fancy new one. So I am very excited to play this on the 360.

Posted: June 15, 2011 6:01 PM