Sessler's Soapbox: E3 2011 Press Conferences

Posted: June 7, 2011
Sessler's Soapbox: E3 2011 Press Conferences
Adam Sessler is at E3 2011 and he has a few words to say about the Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, and EA press conferences. Find out what The Sess thought about E3 2011 Day One.

• Jag23

Pre-ordering the Vita definetly!

Posted: July 10, 2011 1:38 PM
    Jag23
  • Ariellog

Ea Origins service... Epic Fail.

You already crippling SWTOR buy making only exclusive to your service , that smart btw plus you the policy of after 24 months of non use they can cancel ur account, that's 2 years of not using it but still steam does not have that policy...

EA ...FAIL!!!

Posted: June 11, 2011 10:51 PM
    Ariellog
  • darksilo

Word preordering the PS Vita!!!! ganna do the same thing!!!!

Posted: June 8, 2011 1:07 PM
    darksilo
  • Memu

With the announcement of the NGP the price on PSP dropped significantly, so I bought one. The thing is that I am not really missing the extra analog stick. What I am missing is the L2 and R2 buttons.

Posted: June 8, 2011 12:10 PM
    Memu
  • kings_legacy

If Xbox conference dropped the whole kinect out of there press conference and focus half there show on Geras of War 3 and the other half On Halo 4 it would have been epic. Instead it was please stop with kinect before I kill myself about 60 min in of the show.

Sony was good and focused on the games with minimal focus on the Move but nothing super revolutionary

Nintendo was well still same old Nintendo. There new controller looks your trying to control a game with an Ipad. The new system games look on par with Xbox and Sony however they are really late to the party meaning no one with X360 or PS3 are going to jump ship. Would say upgrade for Nintendo fans only.

Posted: June 8, 2011 10:06 AM
    kings_legacy
  • Juggernaut6

I still don't understand. How will backwards compatibility work on the Vita when it doesn't use UMDs? Do we have to buy our PSP games all over again?

Posted: June 8, 2011 9:49 AM
    Juggernaut6
  • bobthebaptist

I will definitely be getting a "life" when it comes out. The dual analog sticks is the main interest for me. All the rest of the added features are incing on the cake. The only thing I'm concerned with is the battery life. I don't know if they've already said how long it will last but I hope it's longer then 6.

Posted: June 7, 2011 6:30 PM
    bobthebaptist
  • Spybreak

If not only getting excited about E3 I get excited hearing everyone's impressions on all the stuff that the publishers/developers throw at the press/gamers.

Posted: June 7, 2011 5:40 PM
    Spybreak
  • toadthetoad

I was really excited until they said AT&T. Really? No wonder AT&T's network is worthless, they spend all of their money on getting exclusive devices.

Posted: June 7, 2011 2:39 PM
    toadthetoad
  • rikkuster

It's always nice to hear your take on these kinds of issues, Adam, whether or not I completely agree, lol. :P

The PS Vita was something I wasn't initially interested in, but after seeing it in action it looks pretty darn cool. I won't get it right away but it looks like something that would be fun to have.

Posted: June 7, 2011 2:25 PM
    rikkuster
  • HAMMERCLAW

Looks like a good time to be a young gamer. Such marvelous technological toys from all three parties. Yes, let the children play. Adults have co-opted the comic book genre, so it's good to see Microsoft and Nintendo reach out to the youth market with such wonderful goodness. I guess we all miss our own lost age of innocence. After all, isn't that we're gamers?

Posted: June 7, 2011 2:13 PM
    HAMMERCLAW
  • gtamaster503

There was no GTA and the smart part of me knew there wouldn't but the stupid part was begging for it. On Microsoft's Conference: The day they don't bring a five year old out on stage to play games, I will say they had a good press Conference. Sony's was great. LOVED Ken Levine's game AND Speech.

Posted: June 7, 2011 1:32 PM
    gtamaster503
  • Ewoc

WELL I WOULD LOVE TO COMMENT, but the profanity filter is saying that I can't comment EVEN THOUGH there are no profanity words nor symbols to represent curse words.. please fix..because it's GD annoying.

Posted: June 7, 2011 12:52 PM
    Ewoc
  • claptrap

Microsoft was meh, Sony was meh, stopped paying attention to Nintendo after they abandoned their fan base.

But seriously guys.... stop pimping you're new feature and show us some games. I don't CARE about
    Kenect or Move, they are gimmicks.

Posted: June 7, 2011 12:51 PM
    claptrap
  • ShdwFox

I'm not understanding why this KoToR release date is such a big deal. We've seen Blizzard do it time and time again with their MMOs. And yet, when they do the same thing, you guys shrug it off and say "oh they just have a loyal fan base" or "they are just taking the time to make the game more awesome than it already is so it's ok". Does Bioware not have the privilege of a loyal fan base? Can we not just assume with Bioware that they are taking their time to make it an excellent, overall polished game?

Posted: June 7, 2011 12:04 PM
    ShdwFox
  • Knives39

I understand this was filmed yesterday but after i saw Nintendos press conference I was way more interested in their products this year. As for sony's, Im still kind of weary of them because of this hacker breach. I love alot of their games they have on the system (That new dust game for sure.) But it might take a little time for me to regain my trust in sony again. Microsoft's I agree with you totally adam. Im still kind of confused about where they are going with their kinect. Some of the kinect support was very interesting, like the mass effect 3 voice command as well as some of the fable game play. EA I was totally blown away even more at the tank battle for the new battlefield game and its very nice to see insomniac break out into multi platform. They are a very awesome company and from the new IP they made it looks like it will be very fun. Ubisoft, one of my favorite press conferences by far. Farcry 3 looked amazing as well as the new AC game.

Posted: June 7, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Atari_Prime

Wow...

I thought that Microsoft and Sony's conferences were lackluster...that is until I saw Nintendo's.

Nintendo has completely let go of the hardcore audience all together. I DO NOT want a Wii Pad! I want a real controler, not a gimmick, not a touch pad, not a screen. I WANT BUTTONS!!! All you have to do is take an SNES controller, drop a couple of analog sticks on it, and make it ergonomic to your hands. Simple! How they screwed this up I don't know. Throw in some fantastic graphics and you've got yourself a system.

Nintendo...FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.