Mass Effect 3 & New RPGs on Feedback E3 2011 Live

Posted: June 7, 2011
Mass Effect 3 & New RPGs on Feedback E3 2011 Live
Adam Sessler, Eric Eckstein and Jessica Chobot discuss the impact of new RPGs in this E3 2011 round of Feedback, with the announcement of games like 'Mass Effect 3,' ‘The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' and 'Fable: The Journey.'

• Antinamelessone

Great show! It needs to be much, much longer though!

I have to say I love bioware(but hate what they did with DA2:-( and am not am MMO fan as they have a total lack of story which to me = depth! But SWOTOR really does look like an MMO that an old school purists(like me) would actually enjoy. Hats off to Bioware if they can pull this off.

On a side note.. check out a video game drawing I did of some of my all time favorites characters; The Namelessone and Morte from Planescape Torment , Minsk from Baldur's gate, and Geralt from the Witcher! http://www.ign.com/blogs/antin amelessone

Posted: June 11, 2011 7:54 PM
  • RPG-fan

This is the difference between RPGs then and RPGs now, gamers today want things to be more simplified and lots of hand holding, instead of figuring it out themselves, you know using their brains.

Posted: June 10, 2011 9:05 PM
    RPG-fan
  • obriens0n

3 out of 5. i felt this feedback was a lil lazy i mean usually they have at least a half hour to discuss a range of differnet games/companys/ext. this feedback was 5 mins and only talked about bioware and skyrim.. sad face

Posted: June 9, 2011 7:57 PM
    obriens0n
  • BoydofZINJ

I disagree to a point that MMOs need single player. If I wanted to play single player RPG I wold play Witcher, Fallout, Dragon Age, and all those sequels (and of course, Mass Effect). Why would I play a massively multiplayer onlinr game (MMO) by myself - when I can play with my friends. Yes, there might be times when my friends are not on - but thats when I can meet new ones! If I feel like lone wolfing it, thats what the single player games are for!

The problem I have with MMOs in generalL Lineage 2, LOTRO, WOW, RIFT, and a whole slew of others I am not naming is.... most MMOs almost require you to play solo to gain ahead. In Rift, for instance, you are almost forced to harvest and craft solo. I get yelled at, all the time, for not making enough HP and MANA potions because I dont harvest enough. Frankly, if I wanted to solo for hours on end picking up flowers I would much rather play Mass Effect 2 solo and decide the fate of the world and deciding who I want to bed.

SWTOR scares in a way and excites me at the same time. Will we be forced on hours on end to play solo (when I could be playing Mass Effect 3 or Eldar Scrolls) versus playing large epic events and several smaller mini events?

After all, why play a MMO solo when I can do that with other games?

Some people say its about choice. I say its the lack of choice. I am forced to play solo when I dont want to. You think I seriously want to play solo and pick up flowers for hours and hours for some mana or hit point potion for you?

Right.

In SWTOR, will I be forced to solo for hours getting enough force cystal gems to make that purple light saber for you?

Posted: June 8, 2011 4:43 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • Dreadborne

This is a pleasant surprise.

Posted: June 8, 2011 4:43 PM
  • SanguineSphinx

Awesome video, I totally agree. The RPG genre is becoming far more popular and powerful as it integrates other genres into it, like shooter and action. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Posted: June 8, 2011 2:57 PM