Mass Effect 3 Video From Microsoft Press Conference E3 2011

Posted: June 6, 2011
Mass Effect 3 Video From Microsoft Press Conference E3 2011
Returning in its third iteration at E3 2011 comes Bioware's acclaimed sci-fi RPG Mass Effect 3. Bioware employees demo some gameplay, as well as the new Kinect voice integration.

• ShdwFox

Using the Kinect feature pretty much boils down to this: immersion at the cost of responsive controls. It's obvious that tapping your thumb on the D-pad (like you did in ME2) is going to be quicker than telling squad mates to move forward and use attacks.

Now if you could do something more complicated with it, such as "cover me while I flank them", we might have something a lot more interesting on our hands.

Choosing dialogue with it seems utterly pointless in less your really die hard for that immersion feeling.

Posted: June 7, 2011 3:27 AM
    ShdwFox
  • Spartan_458

To everyone who is complaining, it's OPTIONAL. Some people may really end up enjoying the voice commands. And you don't have to if you don't want to.

Posted: June 6, 2011 4:16 PM
    Spartan_458
  • Spartan_458

Posted: June 6, 2011 4:13 PM
    Spartan_458
  • macross2012

REALLY? Voice command from the menu instead of just moving the stick? EPIC FAIL..

Bioware save the money and make a better ME3.. Come on really.. this is NOT a major deal to waste time and money on. I want a great story not a gimack

Not impressed at all..

Posted: June 6, 2011 2:31 PM
    macross2012
  • lucidity

I especially like the combat voice commands, highly intuitive.

Posted: June 6, 2011 1:58 PM
    lucidity
  • o_NIGHT_TRAIN_o

Lame, I couldn't imagine all the talking u would have to do in this game. There is just so much dialogue lol

Posted: June 6, 2011 1:57 PM
    o_NIGHT_TRAIN_o
  • Duskulblaka

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather control him with a controller.

Posted: June 6, 2011 1:21 PM
    Duskulblaka
  • Cowboybaby

I was a little bit worried when their were rumors of them using Kinect but voice recognition seems like its a win. As long as I can say "I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel"

Posted: June 6, 2011 1:17 PM
    Cowboybaby
  • godzillaisyourdaddy

That was a pretty cool demo! I liked how they implemented the Kinect with the game, but since i do not have it, that wont stop me from pre ordering and purchasing the collector's edition. I definitely dig the new melee for the soldier and the increased speed of the game. Hopefully the AI are just as improved as they said it would be, or it would be turned into another Dragon Age 2, where the enemies just cannot keep up with you. I am afraid that AI promise was not kept, just from watching how the enemy just stood there while the guy ran up to him and shot at him. Hope I am wrong about that. Anyway, best part, the fricken mech battle tease! That is going to beat fighting the YAMIR mechs for sure!

Posted: June 6, 2011 1:14 PM
    godzillaisyourdaddy
  • Griever2112

To be truthful... not impressed too much. You really could have done this with headsets with the first game... you didn't need to wait for the stupid connect... for Battle, yes, helpful greatly... for cut scenes... I'll stick to the d-pad.

Posted: June 6, 2011 1:11 PM