Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference Video

Posted: June 7, 2011
Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference Video
Nintendo's entire Press Conference from E3 2011, featuring the unveiling of Nintendo's new console, the Wii U, as well as lots of Zelda news and 3DS games including Mario Kart, Star Fox 64 and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

• BlueYoshi2014

Awesome presentation Nintendo! I personally didn't get as excited and psyched as I did from last year's presentation, but this was still definitely satisfying. The Wii U looks really cool with all of its support and possible control options. Can't wait to see more about it in the future!

Posted: June 28, 2011 1:05 PM
    BlueYoshi2014
  • hedgehogheaven

This is without a single trace of doubt the BEST I've ever seen at E3 2011. For the second time in a row, Nintendo have ruled and conquer E3. Not only they've showcased games for the Nintendo3DS... including Kid Icarus: Uprising, StarFox 64 3D, and Super Mario 3DS... but also the next generation in console games... the Wii U.

Don't let the title of the upcoming system fool you, the Wii U has everything-- Improved graphics, high-definition, controller with a touch screen monitor, Wii (and possibly GameCube) compatibility, video chat, surf the web, play games online, downloadable content.

When next year comes, I will DEFINITELY purchase the Wii U including a second Wii U controller and two games! Special thanks to Iwata-san and the Reg-inator!!!!!!

Posted: June 12, 2011 3:27 PM
    hedgehogheaven
  • P.I.JohnnyWadd

Look at all the dumb f%cks kids in here and their dumb comments without first digesting the capabilities and jumping in the: "what about this?..what about that?.." wagon!.. same as wen Wii launched, but what can we expect from this dumb and sh*%y generation of kids.

I don't see any console getting any better than this for a long wile, just stop your babble for a sec and think all that can be achieve with this? Imagine all the possibilities, imagine a horror game, that you can look around in a 360 or a 180 to your back to see what's that noise creeping behind you, imagine the more immersible 'Depth of Field' in a shooter with the Zapper and the new controller, imagine the customization that can be achieve since it seems that devs can program custom avatar alterations like colors, paints and brushes for your character.

That's just the tip of it (that's what she said lol) so lets be real and stop the fanaticism, you all seem no different that those religious cult nuts... Kinect(Micro/Sony got their ups and downs in games and API, but I see no downs for this new console/controller, none!....

And FYI I am a proud PC gamer!!!!!!..I use my nephews Wii/PS3/Kinect a few times just for family time, not becuz i like it! lol

Posted: June 12, 2011 9:55 AM
    P.I.JohnnyWadd
  • Gre6Network

Nintendo did worse then last year up until the Wii U was unveiled, now I need to pick between Nintendo & Sony & I am thinking Nintendo but no, I will just leave it at that I mean they even had a better stage & an orchestra...

Posted: June 11, 2011 4:07 PM
    Gre6Network
  • DazrilCaidoz

iteresting looks like it has potential and being able to play from the tv to the device is something that will come in handy i dont know why every one was confused or whatever when i saw it i thought of whats possible and thats what they showed different game experience from the same game play but we will see how well it works when it comes out.

Posted: June 10, 2011 11:35 PM
    DazrilCaidoz
  • H_G_P_Wellscraft

I think it's hilarious that ppl were complaining about how nintendo is skimping on power to make their products more affordable, talking about how great the expensive competitors are, then when Nintendo goes all the way to bring us HD and hardcore content everybody complains that it's too expensive. What does this add up to? Haters gonna hate, no matter what.

Posted: June 10, 2011 8:49 PM
  • TankerB33

Look Nintendo is still showing up late,this is not risk taking its playing it safe. Other companies have already done this Nntendo is trying to catch up,there is nothing realistic about games yet the motion control so expensive now how much is this going to cost. It would have been cool to make the DS and wii talk in this manner. IDK still love the Big N but Iblead for3 controllers that were over $60 now released more new controllers well at least we know well bleed again. A free lanyard is not enough did I mention batteries. Just sayin

Time to show some real tech.

Posted: June 10, 2011 5:22 PM
    TankerB33
  • Missmasters09

1. This is a new counsel... not just a controller... you can see the new counsel in the first part of the preview video, and you can go to the website and get its specs....
    2. How could anyone possibly get pissy about this being an "upgraded wii".... while i agree, and this is a much better version of the wii with new capabilities and graphics, opinionated Sony and Microsoft fans, can you please look back at the last 3 playstations or 2 xboxes and tell me what is different.... besides graphics... and the move and kinect don't count, those are different versions of the idea that Nintendo already came up with and produced first.
    3. Bravo Nintendo. I am impressed with the way that they listened to their fans but also created something new to add to their already extensive list of innovations they have contributed to the world of gaming. this new system gives us gamers the graphic power we want, a new way to play games, and most importantly options.

Nintendo, in my opinion, is the only major gaming company to take big risks... and when they are successful, only then will other companies try to copy what they have done.

Posted: June 9, 2011 2:25 PM
    Missmasters09
  • Emmanuelle28

I'm happy about the new wii but i hope they change the name but they fact that you can swicth it from your tv to your controller is great and all the great thing they could do with this controller is great i think they will make it smaller if they can but i'm not too worried about it and the facted that alot of 3rd party companys are already on broad and could show some of the games is a great sign cause that mean we will probly get them around launch time. I think Sony won the show and will probly kill the rest of the year but the Wii U could help take over next year while everone else gets ready to make there new systems but i liked nintendo conference the best this year.

Posted: June 8, 2011 8:25 PM
    Emmanuelle28
  • jkunkel80

What's up with it only playing the 1st half hour then starting over? It either starts over or skips to another video. >:/

Posted: June 8, 2011 5:47 PM
    jkunkel80
  • Welbeloved

HORRIBLE FREAKING SOUND QUALITY! I'M FINDING THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Posted: June 8, 2011 4:06 PM
    Welbeloved
  • pkmasterstu

so how long till sony steals the idea?

Posted: June 8, 2011 2:04 PM
    pkmasterstu
  • Braveheart1992

I feel like with the Wii there's constantly new equipement coming out that people HAVE to buy to play the game. I stopped playing nintendo games when I had to buy the motion plus just to play standard games. I feel the evolution of Wii games also hasn't moved as fast as the other consoles. Looking at Kinect it seems to have evolved much fast than the Wii has. Keep in mind, I haven't seen the sony conference. I think Kinect is good because the only thing you need is YOU and you don't have to spend 100 pounds, dollars, whatever to play a 50-60 dollar game..

Posted: June 8, 2011 2:00 PM
  • grkpektis69

I hate the POS wii and I am glad it's dead but I think the new console is pretty cool. But I am going to wait and see what new experiences it offers for 3rd party games like arkham city before buying it

Posted: June 8, 2011 1:57 PM
    grkpektis69
  • bindedbyblood

WOW!!!! i think that's pretty cool. People are already knocking it down cause it's different it's a change. People are always afriad of different.

Posted: June 8, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Carlo_Hb

The conference was pretty cool, the live orchestra and Miyamoto getting an item were awesomoe.
    The WiiU was pretty cool and I can't wait to play Kid Icarus, but why not announce more nintendo games for the WiiU instead of third party games.

Posted: June 8, 2011 12:06 PM
    Carlo_Hb
  • prbone

Last time I heard the word "gimmick" used to describe a Nintendo console it turned out to sell better than the other two systems, it was so much a gimmick that Sony and Microsoft both got motion controls. Before we start talking negative about a new console or concept, it would be helpful to actually play the machine before casting judgment. Afterall the fact that EA has jumped on board gives some since of encouragement. If anyone would like to see more on the system itself you can visit Ninteno's website. They have photos of the actual console(which does look like a Wii). They also have some specs on it.

Posted: June 8, 2011 11:36 AM
    prbone
  • WOR_Makaveli

but this press conference sucked the first 20 mins is just conversation, am i watching 2010 or 2011 e3? this looks like a last year recycled conference.
    the conference didint get exciting till about 60 mins in with the lil montage of decent looking games, tekken,darksiders etc.
    ok why not put luigi's mansion 2 on wii its perfect for the controller
    the only new idea was the wiiU. but it seems like nintendo is just tryng to make things that will look good with ikea furniture, not things that gamers well actually enjoy in the long haul. (project cafe was a better name also). the wiiU seems more like a peripheral then a new console? is that what its suppose to be? is it a move and kinects version nintendo peripheral to an already motion based console? it seems like a big handheld, but im not actually suppose ot take it out anywhere..
    sony blew these guys out the water even if they chose at and t haha

Posted: June 8, 2011 8:43 AM
    WOR_Makaveli
  • omegan

SO....where is the console????

Posted: June 8, 2011 7:04 AM
  • casey.boydston

My only concern is who did the layout for the controller? It looks like it is very uncomfortable and will be hard to use for many games. The joysticks are on top of the controller why. How heavy is this going to be? It looks like it is huge. Playing games for hours on end it may become very hard to deal with. I hoped they would do away with disc's and go with some kind of solid state media, but I guess that was just wishful thinking. So far, out of all three shows I've been very disappointed. I guess Microsoft and Nintendo were the better of the three, but still one of the worst E3's I've seen. Sony just screwed up big time by relying on AT&T instead of making NGP or what ever they call it available to all carriers. Oh well, here is hoping that next year is better.

Posted: June 7, 2011 9:32 PM