Jessica Chobot Crashes The Bomb Patrol Afghanistan Reunion

Posted: June 3, 2011
Jessica Chobot Crashes The Bomb Patrol Afghanistan Reunion
Jessica Chobot meets up with Josh Duhamel, narrator of G4's Bomb Patrol, to discuss the hit series about the US Navy's Ordinance Disposal Mobile Unit on their Afghan mission to hunt down IEDs. Bomb Patrol Afghanistan - All New Tuesday 10PM ET

• roberto7792

I have not been in the military since 1996 and all these new weapons that are used is impressive. I was used to the M-16A1 and A2 and thats it. I also understand the need for operational security and the methods used by EOD must be guarded. It does seem to me though that using robots and charges to detonate IEDS is by far the safest way of doing things. But I do have 1 gripe: What the hell is wrong with Ricky?? It seems he never communicates with his team members about what he is doing. It appears he is not a good leader and I think he needs to grow up and be replaced as team leader.

Posted: December 9, 2011 4:06 PM
    roberto7792
  • michiganlions@hotmail.com

mp=fobbit

Posted: October 31, 2011 6:51 PM
  • ald6420

The show was great but, what I really liked about it was the fact that base Griffin is home to the 10th Mountain. When EOD went out to find the IED in the village they needed an escort from the security forces of the 10th Mountain Division. My son has been in the Army since May. He is an MP now with the 10th Mountain division and he goes to Afghanistan in Jan. 2013. At least I get to see what his life is going to be like, a little.

Posted: October 31, 2011 7:03 AM
    ald6420
  • bundebot

obviously opinons differ about this show because my dad who was a navy eod tech for 20 years with several tours of duty to Iraq and Afghanistan as long as they don't show the techs TTP other than using bots and marking things with chem lights, i dont see why this show shouldnt be aired

Posted: October 26, 2011 9:37 PM
    bundebot
  • Headhunter6

Everyone relax. I know only the first episode has aired, but who doesn't know that EOD would preferably deploy their robots to id/disrupt IED's? So far that is the only tactic the show has disclosed. The real classified stuff is the actual hands on dismantling of the device. Besides our CIC tells everyone exactly when our troops are pulling out, so why should G4 be any different?

Posted: October 26, 2011 9:17 AM
    Headhunter6
  • EODTech24

As happy as I am to see us EOD guys getting the recognition many feel we deserve... I think this show is absolutely dangerous and irresponsible to the EOD community. Having lost over 10 EOD buddies in the past year... by showing the world our Techniques and operating procedures.. we expose our EOD men and women to even more danger. Who ever authorized this should be fired.. and the show should be taken off the air ASAP!

Posted: October 25, 2011 9:10 AM
    EODTech24
  • michiganlions@hotmail.com

not slamming anyone but i find it kinda funny how just about half of the people in this thread were over there with these guys in afgahnistan but i guess i was on SEAL team six so who am i to talk but yeah @TWOMBLY76 you should get your crap straight before you go acting like you know all because you've played a first person shooter that one time

Posted: October 23, 2011 12:08 AM
  • Chosin11B

You guys need to relax. Its a Hollywood shot preview for a TV show. Of course facts are going to be wrong. The weapon in question is being used for a stateside training exercise. They just needed to put something in the guy's hands to get the shoot done.

Posted: October 14, 2011 2:31 AM
    Chosin11B
  • Dirty17

@TOWMBLY76.....dude dont talk BS when you clearly have no idea of what you are talkin about... 1st Navy EOD isnt any regular EOD they are Special Ops which means that weapons they use arent some POS civilian AR-15 you play with in COD... 2nd there is a bump assist it is now slimmer and shorter in the newer M4 type carbines... 3rd there are soo many types of M203 tubes that attach in 20 different ways... 4th i would like you to hit the net and look for the weapon i currently use and its called a LMRC M6A2 and see if it looks very similar to what you saw in the vid... thank you, you COD Wanna be Modern Warrior

Posted: October 10, 2011 1:52 PM
    Dirty17
  • redleg_13b

TWOMBLY76 - YA KNOW IT TAKES A REAL GENIUS TO POST SUCH A GREAT COMMENT THAT YOU DID. I UNFORTUNATELY MUST INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE RETARDED! I ALSO WAS WITH THE EOD TEAM THAT WAS STATIONED AT FOB DONUT. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ASK THEBOOGIEMAN79 IF HE WAS THERE HE COULD TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT. NOW FOR YOUR MISTAKES ON THE "AR-15", THE MILITARY DOES NOT EVEN ISSUE THAT WEAPON. WE ONLY ISSUE THE M-16 OR THE M-4, SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, OR JOIN AND CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF. AS FOR THE GRENADE LAUNCHER, NOT ALL OF OUR WEAPONS ARE CONFIGURED TO BE USED WITH THEM. YOU ALSO MAY NOT BE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT WE HAVE SEVERAL KINDS, TWO OF THE LATEST USED ARE THE M-203 AND THE M-320. BUT THATS PROBABLY NOT A WELL KNOWN FACT IN THE VIDEO GAMER COMMUNITY, SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET YOURSELF A NEWER GAME. THE FORWARD ASSIST ISSUE CAN BE SUMED UP TO THIS- EVERY SINGLE WEAPON I SAW THEM WITH HAD ONE, MAYBE THE VIDEO WAS FLIPED CAUSE IT PRESENTED A BETTER FLOW OF THE FILM, IM NOT SURE. AS FOR THE HAND GUARDS I ASKED THEM WHAT WAS UP WITH THEIR WEAPONS THEY SAID THAT THE UNIT PRETTY MUCH LET THEM PUT WHAT EVER THEY WANTED ON THEM. AND LASTLY FOR THE REAR SIGHT POST, THE M-4 HAS A REMOVABLE SIGHT OR CARRYING HANDLE. THIS ALLOWS THE USER TO UTILIZE A MULTIDE OF OPTICS. IF YOU NOTICE YOU WILL SEE JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ON THE SHOW WITH AN OPTIC. OH AND IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO ONE OF THE GUYS FROM THE SHOW ASK THEM HOW THE CHICKEN WAS EVERY NIGHT FOR DINNER.

ROCK 4-2 OUT!!!

Posted: September 6, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Theboogieman79

TWOMBLY76 : Since it wont let me reply on your thread.....I was there with the EOD team in Afghanistan. Also the army has a new grenade lancher that attaches differantly and is detachable. And the rear site post is removable on an M4, which is what is used by the military, not the civilian version known as the AR15 to allow mounting of a wide spectrum of obtical sites...maybe you should stick with the video games buddy and leave war to those willing to get out of mommys basement.

Posted: August 7, 2011 6:43 AM
  • TWOMBLY76

This show is obviously fake! If you pause at 50 seconds. and look at that guys AR-15 it is NOT military SPEC. It has a 16 inch barrel not a 14.5 inch barrel for a MIL-SPEC M4, it has a medium barrel contour not MIL-SPEC M4 Cuts contoured barrel (required for grenade launcher mounting). Also it has no Forward Assist witch is something that the army requested in the AR-15s adoption in the 50s
    its something that's is on all issued AR-15s but not on this one?. it has incorrect commercial "skinny hand guards" and no rear SIGHT whatsoever WTF

When is saw this guys AR-15 on TV i started laughing so hard
    Stick to video games G4

Posted: August 3, 2011 5:26 PM
    TWOMBLY76
  • Slickbomb

5337....bro, I'm a 5337 too. There's a number of old guys and uber-old guys that can't stand demo being called 'bang'.

I wouldn't agree that most of us call it 'bang'. I just hope you West-Coasters can stand up to how pretty 'OC' looked on Surviving the Cut. That's a hard one to pull off brother.

Holla...

Posted: June 18, 2011 12:23 PM
    Slickbomb
  • 5337detonator

slick bomb, most operators call it bang. We have many slang terms we use, just like slick bomb

-break-

Rallsidr, If your perfectly content with "The Hurt Locker" representing the community then I guess your assessment holds true. By the way, don't think for a moment that the Public Affairs Officer does not chop everything they film.

Both of you should think before posting such things on a public forum.

Posted: June 18, 2011 11:19 AM
    5337detonator
  • Slickbomb

I like how he called it "bang"....sigh....nerd.

Posted: June 17, 2011 2:42 PM
    Slickbomb
  • railsldr

As an EOD tech in the military right now this show should not be shown on the air... it risks other EOD tech's lives by possibly showing how EOD techs conduct operations. I wish I could start a petition to take this show off the air but it won't make any difference if I did

Posted: June 9, 2011 9:58 PM