Star Wars: The Old Republic Trooper Progression Trailer

Posted: May 27, 2011
Star Wars: The Old Republic Trooper Progression Trailer
BioWare and LucasArts shows the various armor sets and abilities for the Trooper class in this new trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• hmb556

im getting the game soon, and i think this will be the class i choose.... hope it is worth it!!!

Posted: February 1, 2012 6:59 AM
    hmb556
  • JariahSyn1990

Played the beta with this class very effective by his/herself and even more so with jedi and smugglers at his/her side.

Posted: November 30, 2011 11:18 PM
    JariahSyn1990
  • hoof_hearted4

finishing up my turn in the Beta. and im loving it. i love multiple characters and i wanna be able to play them all.

Posted: November 28, 2011 12:24 AM
    hoof_hearted4
  • DragonLord1123

I like the trooper and Bounty Hunter classes. They play differently and have to be mindful of positioning. They were some of my favorite characters in the movies.

Posted: October 30, 2011 3:16 PM
  • Deacon Seth

"END and STR"? Troopers and Bounty Hunters use Endurance (which dictates your total HP pool) and AIM. The way they have their system right now is that two stats are literally the only ones that matter (straight-tech/-force power/crit, -absorption, -defense, -alacrity notwithstanding), Endurance being mention, and the other stat for every class boosting their damage, crit chance and healing capability, if they're able to do so. This function is adjusted automatically for all classes' primary damage stat and is, in my opinion, an unnecessary over-simplification, but it is nice for when people want to fight over gear in Flashpoints/Operations.

"..isn't going to replace a specialist healer like the Jedi Consular.."? You need to wrap your head around how BioWare views classes capable of multiple roles, which is NOT the standard limitation set by previous hybridization in other MMOs. Paraphrased, if you are talented into a "Healing" skill tree? YOU ARE CAPABLE OF HEALING, ON PAR WITH EVERY OTHER CLASS SPEC'D HEALING. The resource management and delivery system for that healing will vary from class to class, and at certain echelons of power, one may have a slight advantage over another, -for a short amount of levels-, however they are configuring talent trees to accommodate the usefulness of ALL healing-capable classes.
    NOTE: This is also stemming from first-hand experience. People have their own personal preferences, but when you're grouping for anything right now, if you're a "healer", you're going to be picked up to fit the role, unless your own ability is lacking.

Posted: October 29, 2011 9:23 PM
    Deacon+Seth
  • Jeros1420

I recall being incredibly excited for this game when I heard about it. Unfortunately, as more information has been revealed that excitement has turned to disappointment. The sole exception to this is the Trooper class. I won't be picking up SW:TOR when it comes out, but for all you guys and gals that do, and especially those that love the Trooper class, I salute you.

Good hunting, and may the force be with you.

Posted: October 29, 2011 6:05 PM
  • StarWars_Enigma

@rottingundead

You're such an idiot. This is a guide, and you just lose your cool, for some reason. KEEP ENJOYING THOSE DRUGS, KID! Like barneyslug said, get some rehab.

Posted: October 29, 2011 8:22 AM
    StarWars_Enigma
  • barneyslug

@rottingundead Have you ever considered rehab?

Posted: October 29, 2011 6:31 AM
    barneyslug
  • rottingundead

rottingundead's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: October 29, 2011 5:35 AM
    rottingundead
  • rottingundead

rottingundead's comment is abusive and has been removed.

Posted: October 29, 2011 5:25 AM
    rottingundead
  • Manowar23

just a few problems i see with swtor
    looks great can't say any thing ealse.
    but for charicter costumization everyones toon is gona look the same as far as outfits armor clothes theres no costumization nothing to make a charicter truly your own,SWG had a system for crafting anf charicter costumization that was the best in any MMO sad to see that going away to developers telling players how there charicter's should look.

and the space system reminds me of an old atari game just with better graphix.

Posted: October 29, 2011 4:31 AM
    Manowar23
  • Panda-chan

yay anyone who disagrees about the awesomeness of this game gets shunned.

Posted: October 28, 2011 5:44 PM
    Panda-chan
  • jungan

I need to take this back to the old school.... this is going to be EPIC!

Posted: October 28, 2011 4:46 PM
    jungan
  • KingGainerXan

Wait... I thought the armor made them EASIER to kill? Maybe that's just Stormtroopers...

Posted: October 28, 2011 2:42 PM
    KingGainerXan
  • gradith

After reading through the comments some of you bottom feeders have spewed forth I am simply going to say, that if you don't like the premise of the game, if you know absolutely nothing about Star Wars, or if you don't like Star Wars, then why the hell are you commenting on this game? Clearly games like CoD and Battlefield are better suited for your superior intellects.

Posted: October 28, 2011 1:20 PM
    gradith
  • Alien_Number_Six

Having been in the U.S Army myself I can't wait to be the trooper. Wielding the Star Wars version of the 240 Bravo light machine gun looks fun.

Posted: September 18, 2011 7:09 AM
    Alien_Number_Six
  • fanime2

Sweet. A time in the Star Wars universe where Jedi are jerks and Sith are just useless. Can't wait to play!

Posted: May 30, 2011 7:31 PM
  • stir8nativ3

wow dat trailer was Capital A awasome i jus hav 1 question wat is a trooper? lol

Posted: May 28, 2011 10:49 PM
  • Aaron82

I don't think I like this game.

This is probably going to be the stupidest thing I will ever say but,
    they MMOG-ified Star Wars.

Known about the game since they announced it,
    I don't know why this should be a shock to me.

Posted: May 28, 2011 10:30 PM
    Aaron82
  • crocodilius

damn anti-stealth class, i can tell this is gonna piss me off already in pvp.

Posted: May 28, 2011 3:25 PM