Dead Island Gameplay Walkthrough

Posted: May 23, 2011
Dead Island Gameplay Walkthrough
It's time to take a vacation on zombie island as G4tv.com presents you a 12 minute gameplay walkthrough video for Dead Island. Take a look at the actual gameplay as one of the developers from Deep Silver guides you through this zombie resort.

• SoxFullOfRox

This, deux ex and school should keep me busy until Skyrim comes out.
    Looks much more fun than L4D. I hope there isn't just an eletrified machete, because thats the only customized weapon they've shown.
    Lets just hope its awesome!^^

Posted: August 2, 2011 3:46 PM
    SoxFullOfRox
  • methedude91

personaly im really exited for this game it looks a lot like fallout and left for dead and if im right than i can play this game until the next fallout comes out because fallout new vegas was a diapointment.

Posted: July 30, 2011 8:30 AM
    methedude91
  • pjgarrett04

all the people are talking about getting off the island, but in the beginning of the walk through video there is a paddle. then in the middle of the video, on the coast of the island you see little boats on the shore. know i know your immune to the infected and want to help people but if it was me. i would take the paddle, hop into one of those boats and row. lol

Posted: July 24, 2011 1:11 PM
    pjgarrett04
  • BEgettinACES

i just hope u can turn off the on screen score, like every time u hit a zombie u get a score on the zombie if u no what i mean LET US HAVE THE OPTION TO TURN IT OFF

Posted: June 25, 2011 9:50 AM
    BEgettinACES
  • horgan5

i hate the way everyone is comparing this to L4D. L4D is the COD of zombie games. its fast paced multiplayer crap. its good for the first few days then its just the same levels over and over again.

Dead island is free roaming, theres 4 characters to choose from (a white surfer with a mohawk for all you southerners out there complaining about playing as a black rapper) it has RPG elements such as leveling up, stamina, weapon customisation and lots of quests. Best of all it has 4 player co-op multiplayer where you can just explore the island with friends. it may not be perfect but its as close to a realistic zombie game yet.

Posted: June 21, 2011 10:00 AM
    horgan5
  • Gearsajo

I hope there is 3rd person. I'm really tired of FPS games like these.

Posted: June 9, 2011 1:48 PM
    Gearsajo
  • Gearsajo

I hope there is 3rd person. I'm really tired of FPS games like these.

Posted: June 9, 2011 1:47 PM
    Gearsajo
  • ZombieExpert

I think they are making some progress with this game so far, which is shown from the trailer still they have a lot more work to do. I have follow up on this game for months, I hope when it does come out the zombies will be much slower like Walkers a bit like from the resident evil films, but where they can overwhelm you in numbers and in which they can only be killed by shooting them in the head or causing massive damage to the body and, maybe put on some special infected but not like the ones from Left 4 Dead where they can go on top of you and you cant get them off or let them re-spawn constantly. I hope the environment will be highly interactive and, it would be nice because it s a RPG game that you can create and customize your own characters like make their name, customize their face, hair, body, class such as assassin and even clothing. I hope they keep the RPG elements in the game such as: side quests, skill tree and character abilities dependent on their class and the things I hope they don t do is, make the game with a time limit like Dead Rising or make the zombies re-spawn like Dead Rising maybe make it where the zombies are already on the game in vast numbers and don t need to re-spawn, I don t disagree with re-spawning completely just don t make it too obvious like (Example) if you clean out a whole area of zombies and go back there in the next couple of minutes you should not see a whole lode more zombies there which just re-spawned as soon as you leave the area.

Posted: June 4, 2011 10:05 AM
  • CamWoad

I dont want the health bar. it looks meh. l4d looks more interesting.

Posted: June 3, 2011 6:03 AM
    CamWoad
  • JustOneGun

Looks okay. I am still waiting for a full third/first person mmo zombie experience. This looks to be one step closer to that goal. I have to say that some of this looks like scripted events. This is the first video I watched but the tech demo they feature on gametrailers is identical except what he says. This leads me to believe that the game will be linear and based on point A to C Bring key to B based missions. I really hope its just for the video demo. Overall looking pretty good definitely needs some major refinement. Major refinement. I doubt we will see this game this year. If they do release this then we can expect monumental glitches running rampant all over that disc.

Posted: June 2, 2011 10:11 AM
    JustOneGun
  • Lost-n-Skyrim

I'm actually pretty stoked for this game. It seems like right when Zombie games get old they twist it just enough to make them fun again.

Posted: June 1, 2011 9:03 PM
    Lost-n-Skyrim
  • TheCivilJerk

Looks good, but let's be honest here. You had me at the trailer.

Posted: June 1, 2011 4:29 PM
    TheCivilJerk
  • crazysn1pr

i want this game

Posted: June 1, 2011 11:58 AM
    crazysn1pr
  • pound0612

There's a load of trolls commenting on this game. I would LOVE to see the game they are coming up with and producing.

Posted: May 31, 2011 11:44 PM
  • Cathartic Denoument

I don't know what any of you guys are talking about; we must've watched two completely different gameplay trailers. This gameplay trailer made me want to get/play this game EVEN MORE!
    I'm one of the few people that didn't let the first trailer influence my opinion or excitement for the game.
    Being a *dedicated* ("hardcore") gamer for years now, I already know to expect that trailers can get misleading. That said, however, this gameplay trailer wasn't too far off from what I got from the first teaser trailer - same lighting & atmosphere.
    And we probably won't see any trailers of that same serious tone we got from the teaser trailer until we get closer to the game's launch, if at all, because its probably from somewhere deep into the campaign's story, which would mean Spoilers (DUH).

Posted: May 31, 2011 3:32 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • biggernerdthanu

i've seen better

Posted: May 31, 2011 3:18 PM
    biggernerdthanu
  • 4theloveofgames

cant wait for this. looks so much fun, as long as its not timed like dead rising 2

Posted: May 30, 2011 7:05 PM
    4theloveofgames
  • xexplosiveegg

The zombie fighting system looks great to me.

For me location matters in a zombie game for it too be fun.
    The only concern to me is that the environment is not going to be enjoyable. Who wants to fight zombies in a jungle, or tropical island type terrain? Left 4 Dead takes you from malls, to swamps, to cities, to hospitals, to literally all the classic zombie movie locations, which is great.

If they just create another environment for this game, keeping the same system, I think it would be a lot more fun. No one likes rpgs with only one type of environment.

Also, If I want to play a zombie game, I want a character I can enjoy. Not a Jamaican weird female character in a skirt. Once again, is great for the location, but I dont like the location.

Posted: May 30, 2011 5:06 PM
    xexplosiveegg
  • umainebearman

What engine are they using the Jedi Academy engine? Should the non zombie characters no look like zombies? If its an rpg then its going up against some serious competition and from the looks of it these people are hanging there hats on "Its got zombies in it" and quite frankly I the market is pretty swamped with zombies. It also looks like they've got alot of tweaking to do, stuff in the foreground being drawn in well after its in view. These programmers either don't know the capabilities of the consoles there programming for, the game engine is so out of date that it should be buried, or both. They set to high expectations with there trailer which was simply OK in my book and now they are showing they should have set much lower expectations. Someone give these guys a Bioware game.

Posted: May 30, 2011 4:56 PM
    umainebearman
  • mattpilgrimvs.yourmom

hmmmm...kinda looks good from what i saw...kinda...

Posted: May 30, 2011 11:22 AM