Diablo 3 "Followers" Trailer

Posted: May 13, 2011
Diablo 3 "Followers" Trailer
Blizzard presents the new Followers system in which you can customize the AI to help aid you in battle. Check out the "Followers" trailer for Diablo 3 to see the The Templar, The Enchantress and The Scoundrel in action.

• jaredslocum

now, why didn't they bust there chops about the diablo 1 expansion hellfire? it is part of the history of diablo and blizzard even though it was developed by a division of sierra and produced by sierra but it was a very nice expansion, I own it and enjoy it. It added a lot of cool stuff to the game but never got the recognition it deserved. blizzard used a lot of things from diablo 1 hellfire in the making of diablo 2 and they should talk about it and give it some credit. If it wasn't for the expansion diablo 2 probably wouldn't have had some of the things in it that helped make it the great game that it is.

CujoSWAoa I am with you on this one I want a demo before I get diablo 3 I have looked forward to this game since I first bought and played diablo 2 "back when it first came out" but it looks a lot like WoW and I am just not a fan of WoW for many different reasons.

and for the replies you have on your comment: You can base a game off another game or just use the engines from it doesn't mean it has to look, feel or be the same as the original game. borderlands uses the unreal 3 engine there alike but feel like two very different games.

or killing floor it was modded from Unreal Tournament 2004 then there was a mod for killing floor the retail game defense alliance 2 none of those games feel the same DA2 does look a bit like UT2004 but they are all different games based off of one.

they could base diablo 3 off of some things from WoW but still keep the diablo 2 feel to it to allow players to feel like there just picking up from where they left off in diablo 2 "in a sense like diablo 1 to 2" and allow people to still feel like it is a diablo game and not a single player mod for WoW that looks kind like diablo. there is a map for Left for Dead looks like raccoon city is it resident evil no it's just L4D that looks like resident evil.

Posted: May 16, 2011 12:39 PM
    jaredslocum
  • slocumjared

Posted: May 16, 2011 12:34 PM
  • slocumjared

now why didn't they bust there chops about the diablo 1 expansion hellfire? it is part of the history of diablo and blizzard even though it was developed by a division of sierra and produced by sierra but it was a very nice expansion, I own it and enjoy it. It added a lot of cool stuff to the game but never got the recognition it deserved. blizzard used a lot of things from diablo 1 hellfire in the making of diablo 2 and they should talk about it and give it some credit. If it wasn't for the expansion diablo 2 probably wouldn't have had some of the things in it that helped make it the great game that it is.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/529 33/diablo-3-followers-trailer/ ?rnd=3705494153#ixzz1MXoGBgcA

Posted: May 16, 2011 12:13 PM
  • slocumjared

Posted: May 16, 2011 12:12 PM
  • EvertoVenator

ok to clarify a few things. 1st if u have played the first two games and weren't sucked in then why r u even hopeing to be sucked in by the third one?? 2nd @csgrimm they way u wrote ur comment u make it seem like blizzard said that the templar would be a main character which in fact all they said is that it would be a follower and this is also stated on the homepage of blizzards site in the first headline. finally does it really matter when the footage was made?? and if u dont work for blizzard how would u know that this is bogus footage? im sure it is old footage but whats more impoartant is the info that is being stated. starcraft 2 went through three different phases of art development before it was finish so im sure over the years diablo has changed quite a bit.

Posted: May 16, 2011 7:22 AM
    EvertoVenator
  • chuckj92

Not impressed at all. The game looks really boring to me. Here's to hoping the Beta sucks me in hardcore. I am just not excited at all about this game right now. Played the first two and I don't know it just hasn't kicked in yet. Sorry Blizzard.

Posted: May 15, 2011 1:21 AM
  • Csgrimm

Just one last point to drive home. If this video is not on Blizz / Diablo 3 site then it is most likely just speculation that it's even in the game. Most likely some old placeholder not intended to have been viewed. This same video was posted on Youtube and immediately removed. Go figure. Stop thiiiiss

Posted: May 14, 2011 1:36 PM
  • smbndt

LOL, this is the same system as the pet system at torchlight(which blizzard also created). The only difference could be that you could "dress up" your follower with armor and accessories in diablo3 while in torchlight "pets" could only equip accessories and nothing else.

Posted: May 14, 2011 4:21 AM
    smbndt
  • uberman3000

Not that excited anymore I'm afraid. I miss the Necromancer too much. The Witch Doctor is not nearly as cool as Necromancer. The Monk is not replacement for the Paladin either. There were disposable lackeys in Diablo 2 so thats nothing new. I agree that it looks less like Diablo and more like a single player WoW. It's like a saltine cracker with spray can cheese with intimation bacon bits. It looks good but it tastes only ok not great, kinda meh. Its not a bacon wrapped tatter tot and toped with melted cheddar.

Posted: May 14, 2011 12:07 AM
    uberman3000
  • EvertoVenator

Can't wait for september for the beta and then about 6 months for the for the full game. I wonder if there will be a Collectors Edition and how much that will run for. anyone know how to get in on the beta???

Posted: May 13, 2011 11:54 PM
    EvertoVenator
  • ENJING4

Now I'm disappointed, looks like they are trying to steal from BioWare and SWTOR

Posted: May 13, 2011 11:43 PM
    ENJING4
  • Csgrimm

This is not the current status of D3 guise. The engine depicted here is OLD. Too bright. To colorful. A total lack of blood. Compare to vids on their site http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3 /media/#movies Seriously.This is also something silly to release info about considering A. It was obvious from their site that followers would be back because there were some with him. B. They do not have a Templar listed as a character on their main site. This might have been made just after wow release but is in no way similar to the current build. This is junk footage of a non-existent version.

Posted: May 13, 2011 10:46 PM
  • Theeliminator2k

Just to let you know Leah, your not going to be downing potions like in D1&2 the pots have a cool down, Most of your health will come from Health globes that the Followers get the health from as well.

That and these followers will only be available in normal difficulty, they will not be available in nightmare and hell.

If your looking for more Diablo 3 info then head over to this great fan site.

Posted: May 13, 2011 6:33 PM
    Theeliminator2k
  • RPG-fan

Keep the game on the PC, please Blizzard.

Posted: May 13, 2011 5:50 PM
    RPG-fan
  • Pucci2099

I hope the AI is up to par...your followers in D2 were suicidal...

Posted: May 13, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Gabtraf

Looks good, can't wait to see these mercenaries in Diablo 3..

Posted: May 13, 2011 2:53 PM
    Gabtraf
  • bloodysilence19

stop teasing me blizzard and release diablo 3 already. i cant wait to play this and try out the beta when it comes out

Posted: May 13, 2011 2:15 PM
    bloodysilence19
  • Pippdaddy

This game is looking great to me and I really hope it comes out for consoles because I really don't want to have to pay over $200 for another graphics card.

Posted: May 13, 2011 1:02 PM
    Pippdaddy
  • crocodilius

it seems no one can helps me now
    im in too deep, theres no way out
    this time i have really lead my self astray

-shoutout to CuJo, Leafs havent been the same without him ;o

Posted: May 13, 2011 12:45 PM
    crocodilius
  • CujoSWAoA

I'm just not sold on this game being like the old ones. It just looks more like WoW than diablo.

Posted: May 13, 2011 12:17 PM