Hawken First Look Preview

Posted: May 3, 2011
Hawken First Look Preview
Hawken isn't like other indie games - it uses the Unreal engine and features mechs blowing each other to smithereens. Adam Sessler visits with Art Dir. Khang Le for a preview of what might be one of our most-anticipated under-the-radar titles this season.

Games in this Video:

Hawken (PC)

• Rosco95

I have never heard of these people, but if they can team up with Microsoft or Sony than this game has huge potential.

Posted: June 9, 2011 4:29 PM
    Rosco95
  • Kill Me Quickly

Holy Shyza! This Game Looks Intensely Involving. The Art Really Reminds Me Of Ghost in The Shell. Im Think Im A Huge Fan Already. Knowing That Its From A Small Development Team is Very Surprising. It Seems Like A Game Youd've Imagined back in the 90s when trying to contemplate what the future of video games would be like.. aint it. I wanna play it while actually sitting in a arcade-style, mech model thing that moves slightly to mimic whats happening on screen. That would be bad ass

Posted: May 6, 2011 11:43 PM
  • logdog200x

THIS. GAME. LOOKS. AWESOME!

Posted: May 5, 2011 5:50 PM
    logdog200x
  • Luck702

"we dont want the player to spend so much time customizing their mech" Damn.. still looks bad ass and ill definitely buy first day

Posted: May 5, 2011 4:21 PM
    Luck702
  • lowkevmic

When I watched the videos, and noticed the scenery and map area, I couldn't help but think of District 9 and Cowboy Beebop. Which is a really really good thing. This game does look really good, but something as good looking as this might just end up being bought out by EA or some big name developer. I hope they stay indie, but I doubt that they will.

Posted: May 5, 2011 12:40 PM
    lowkevmic
  • DeadlyxSquirrel

at first glance i thought it said Hawking..........what would be better than blasting stuff from your battery powered wheelchair?

Posted: May 5, 2011 12:15 PM
  • FuzzyLumkins

When he was mentioning inspsiring mech games I was waiting for him to say Krazy Ivan.

Looks pretty sick.

Posted: May 5, 2011 12:10 PM
    FuzzyLumkins
  • cardinalsfan1122

I've been waiting for a mech game? Let me watch the video hold on... Ohhhh yeaaa I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MECH GAME!
    Seriously it looks great and it's amazing it was made by only 9 guys hope it turns out well.

Posted: May 5, 2011 12:06 PM
    cardinalsfan1122
  • sinewave

Been following this for awhile. It looks insane! Can't wait!

Posted: May 5, 2011 12:03 PM
    sinewave
  • jungan

Oh my. That's nice. That's a Indie game? Some folks are about to get rich.

Posted: May 5, 2011 11:53 AM
    jungan
  • AurKayne

Watch them get bought out by EA...

Posted: May 5, 2011 6:52 AM
    AurKayne
  • zudukai

// TO DEV: MECHLAB!!! //
    maybe when this game is as successful as a bigger title (or close)
    maybe MechWarrior 3015 will come along sooner.
    i'll definitely pick it up!

'cause mechwarrior 4 is starting to loose it's grey hair! props to Mektek for making it live so long.

( AND LEGIBLY FREE & ONLINE I MIGHT ADD...
    http://www.mektek.net/index. php/home/articles/mechwarrior4 -mercenaries-downloads-r1204 )

Posted: May 5, 2011 6:03 AM
  • SirFault

I definitely will be buying this. I like to support Indie developers as much as I can (when they make good games that is). It doesn't feel like the industry as a whole has originality anymore and these Indie gamers seem to be bringing that to the table.

Now that I think about it, when the Playstation and N64 were new everything felt original to me, maybe because I didn't follow the industry, or in some ways you could think of some developers as being "Indie" just because they weren't a big name franchise.

Posted: May 4, 2011 4:34 PM
    SirFault
  • MaelStrom_

i've been a fan of mech games for a long time and this game has been on my radar for a while

Posted: May 4, 2011 4:01 AM
    MaelStrom_
  • Omnisc1ence

I have been very impressed with the quality of Indie games as of late. Sometimes it takes these small innovative groups to show the "big guns" how its done. Kudos

Posted: May 3, 2011 5:40 PM