FEAR 3 "Story Arc" Trailer

Posted: April 27, 2011
FEAR 3 "Story Arc" Trailer
Get caught up in the storyline of the FEAR series in this story arc trailer for FEAR 3.

• Illuminate88

I really want this to live up to the first game.

Posted: April 27, 2011 11:17 PM
    Illuminate88
  • TheBRADLeyB

@San_Pato - My problem isn't Developers wanting to take their time. My problem is Developers/Publishers throwing out seemingly random release dates and then turning around and saying, "Oh Noes! We No CAN DO THIS! TELEVISION!"

I agree with your Star Wars assessment though. Definitely half a game.

Posted: April 27, 2011 2:32 PM
  • San_Pato

It's annoying when games release dates keep getting bumped, but you shouldn't get upset for a developer wanting more time to present a better product. All of us have felt the burn at some point of buying what we expected to be a great game, but instead we get crap because they publisher couldn't wait for the developer to finish the game. So, the games are full of glitches and control problems. The most recent game I've played that I wish they put a few more months into is was Force Unleashed 2. While it wasn't full of glitches, you can tell they had not finished the campaign by release date. The game starts to develop a story and after about 4 hours of play, you get a boss fight that felt out of place and then, the end. I bet that the audio clips you unlock on the bonus levels are from actual audio that they planned on using on the campaign, but got scrapped when they had to wrap up development.
    Besides that, it's F.E.A.R. 3. I wasn't going to stand in line at midnight for it. I'll eventually buy it, cause I liked the first 2, but I didn't even know the release date until I read this article, and I'm sure most of you didn't know when it was either. If they hadn't said anything, we probably wouldn't have even known it was getting bumped back.

Posted: April 27, 2011 1:04 PM
    San_Pato
  • relentless36

i am quickly losing interest in this game...

Posted: April 27, 2011 1:04 PM
    relentless36
  • TheBRADLeyB

The first part of my post (which I can't post because there is some magical profanity in it that I can't find) is

Dear Video Game Developers and Publishers,

Please Stop throwing out release dates when you clearly are unable to keep these days.

Posted: April 27, 2011 12:06 PM
  • Mystyr_E

God just wait till the game's finished.

All this "okay it's coming out here...no wait here, actually it's coming out here" is getting on my nerves. Wait til you're done, THEN announce a release date

Posted: April 27, 2011 12:05 PM
    Mystyr_E
  • TheBRADLeyB

Red Dead Redemption was delayed so that Rockstar could create better marketing for it. The game apparently wasn't even given extra QC or glitch tested during this delay (which it's still a very good game).

GTA4 wasn't ready to release when it was suppose to and we all got messed up on that.

Homefront got delayed a Week because THQ was afraid of Dragon Age 2.

It's just so frustrating because the Video Game Industry says they want to be taken seriously and that their media is art but what do we get from them? Game Delays because everyone thinks we need a Release Date before work even begins on the game and the practice of horrible movie adaption of video games because Video Game Companies can't/won't stand up to Hollywood and lets Uwe Boll makes movies and then let's FOX completely destroy the Storyline of Max Payne.

I wish people wouldn't talk so much about the games they are making. RDR Took like 6 years to make. CnC Renegade took 5 years to make. Video Games can take a long time to make and you NEVER know what is going to happen and I would be much happier if Publishers got together in meetings and let each other know when they were releasing their games so they didn't have to Delay a week because they are afraid of another Publisher's game and that we wouldn't hear the hype for these games until they were maybe 90 Percent done.

I don't even care about this FEAR Delay but I'm just so frustrated about this situation.

I wish I could go into the Hospital, tell my patients and doctors I'll have something ready for them by Friday and then tell them on Wednesday they won't have their test results until Tuesday of 3 Weeks Ahead.

(I also wish G4's Profanity Filter worked or at least told me what alleged profanity I've used)

Posted: April 27, 2011 12:04 PM
  • TheBRADLeyB

I have this somewhat long statement written out but can't post it because G4's Profanity filter keeps telling me I have profanity in it but won't tell me where... So I have to post it section by section to find out where my magical curse word is. It is most likely something stupid like asking "WHO" followed by "READY FOR DOMINATION?!" and them thinking I am writing the word for lady of the night.

So I will post in segments my statement in a reply to this thread.

Posted: April 27, 2011 11:51 AM