Feedback -- PSN Hacked & Gears Of War 3 Beta Impressions

Posted: April 27, 2011
Feedback -- PSN Hacked & Gears Of War 3 Beta Impressions
In this edition of Feedback, Adam Sessler and the G4 team discuss the recent hack attack on the PlayStation Network and what that means for Sony's future. Also, the crew offers up their impressions on the Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta.

• Slumdrunkchocobo

But no one remebers xbox live going off for a week or the fact that the red ring cost microsoft 1.2 billion rather then the 171 mil for the outage.

Posted: May 25, 2011 4:08 AM
  • davidmastertkd

pendejos the hackerrssss that hack PSN , the new Nintendo is not going to be better that the 360 and ps3 no way....... Now there is a reason to hack Nintendo....... PSN got hack and still hack.....360 had been hack before......pc network have been hack and still i hope Nintendo don't get hack cuz of this.... if the new Nintendo is better that the ps3 or 360.........ps3 will make something so much better after the hack thing is over the same with 360.........

Posted: May 10, 2011 2:15 PM
  • ChoKeller

And Gears will never go to PS3. sorry it's justy not happening.

Posted: April 30, 2011 9:56 PM
    ChoKeller
  • ChoKeller

The beta is pretty good, I like it a lot. The only things I would like to see changed is for them to take the shotguns away from people and put them on the map like other shooters or a playlist where they do so. Also I would like it if they lowered the recoil on the Retro a little bit and if it s. I would like it if they up the damage for the Lancer a bit. I feel as though the damage for the Snub Pistol could come up too. That s what I would like to see change. I think all the weapons are balanced and nothing is cheap but I just don't like it when just because everyone has a shotgun that all they do is roll around and shotty people. so another playlist simple called "Tactical" were everyone starts with his/her choice of any assault rifle, smokes, and a Snub Pistol, the shotguns would be a swap weapon on the maps. That way Gears fans who want to play the rolly-shotty carp can and those who want a little more of a firefight can have their way everyone wins. Were all Gamers there is no reason we all can get what we want out of this game.

Posted: April 30, 2011 9:55 PM
    ChoKeller
  • cmerick

Dear Adam,

You seem like a reasonable guy and one that cares about his audience. In fact, I'd be willing to bet you care enough to actually take suggestions from members of said audience. Thus, I present you my suggestions: FOR GOD SAKES TAKE STEVEN JOHNSON OFF OF THIS SHOW FOREVER and please do whatever it takes to re-acquire Abbe Heppe (double her pay, coerce her with a new car, etc.). Sorry Stephen Johnson, you seem like a cool guy, but you're about as witty and entertaining as a calculus professor I once had.

cmerick

Posted: April 30, 2011 11:25 AM
    cmerick
  • Seth2681

In regaurds to the question of the week, I believe the internet (or maybe cause I am not a kid any more) has taken away some of the fun of exploring games to find what is hidden. If I hear about a secret in a game, I will just look it up on the internet and if I am interested I will take what I learned into my game experience. I remeber playing 8 and 16 bit games and hearing about secrets by word of mouth on the school yard and then spending hours struggling to achieve them for bragging rights. Now, all you need do is search a walkthrough.

Posted: April 30, 2011 5:44 AM
    Seth2681
  • Angry Jessie

Microsoft could be a potential target for Anonymous but they didn't target one of their own and Playstation Home has made Sony a good amount of money, to my surprise. My point is that XBL or any other site can be attacked by Anonymous, it just depends on how they feel and what they say, with Sony basically mocking hackers and somewhat instigating the fight by suing GeoHot.

Posted: April 29, 2011 11:10 AM
    Angry+Jessie
  • mdanby

adfad

Posted: April 29, 2011 1:03 AM
    mdanby
  • Zombie*Hunter

I'm not happy about PSN being down. I've heard rumors about no encryption on stored credit card info but that sounds pretty BS to me. I just hope they have it up and secure soon. If this leads to paying for PSN for increased sucurity I would be ok with that as long as the price is reasonable.

In the meantime I'll be getting my ass kicked on xbox live using those fat clunky controllers that I've come to hate so much.

I hope whoever is responsible for this finds himself in prison choking down a fat piece of man meat.

Posted: April 28, 2011 10:28 PM
    Zombie*Hunter
  • darkmike

First off how do you guys know that sony didn't know about the card info being taken. Remember they bough in outside people to look at it. Don't you think they wanted to get all the damage that was done before telling sony what happened not just bits and parts. Use your heads. An the reason why this stuff hasn't happened to xbox live need i bring up to G4. mar 21 2007
    Online gaming forums are buzzing with reports that Xbox Live accounts linked to Microsoft's Windows Live ID service are being hijacked by malicious hackers.

Kevin Finisterre, a security researcher at Digital Munition, raised the issue on the Full Disclosure mailing list over the weekend, calling attention to rumors that Microsoft's Bungie.net was the victim of a breach that exposed a portion of Xbox Live.

"Some folks are having their Microsoft points stolen and or points purchased via their stolen gamer tag," Finisterre said.

A quick search of user forums at xbox.com and other gaming sites turned up multiple messages from Xbox Live users complaining about hijacked accounts, which typically link gamer tags to Windows Live ID

Posted: April 28, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Cullinane

first rule of fun club, Dont talk about fun club.

Posted: April 28, 2011 5:56 PM
    Cullinane
  • NAZAR3NE

Has it crossed anyones mind that Sony HQ may be in the ground?

Posted: April 28, 2011 5:05 PM
    NAZAR3NE
  • bulb97

I miss playing LBP 2 online! =,(

Posted: April 28, 2011 4:56 PM
    bulb97
  • Insane_genius

this PSN issues is the reason why i dont get a ps3.so when the network goes down.i can still play my SP games.thats a huge thing that needs fixd.xbox i get the licenase when i download so when im not connected to XBL i still can play the downloaded game/dlc without a problem..

im liking the gOw 3 beta.love the gnasher sawd off is good but not its just two OP.RL is beast.

Posted: April 28, 2011 4:48 PM
    Insane_genius
  • mcguinness

The chess comment was the most interesting thing i've ever heard Stephen Johnson say on Feedback. Well played.

Posted: April 28, 2011 4:08 PM
    mcguinness
  • WOR_Makaveli

nintendo wont do a 180, there so heavily invested in the casual market. they'll want a casual appeal to get insane amounts of people to buy it, n it will have motion and controller gameplay so itll attract hardcore gamers....but! it wont be focused on hardcore gamers
    and poor ps3, psn is awesome hoepfully sony will recover, more options for gamers makes gaming better overall. plus pse has had awesome exclusives, ill give em another chance.

Posted: April 28, 2011 3:28 PM
    WOR_Makaveli
  • gamer_myk

Love the Fight Club reference :-)

Posted: April 28, 2011 1:39 PM
    gamer_myk
  • miztickow

Like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like.

Posted: April 28, 2011 1:23 PM
  • PaperScissors&Me

I just had to comment because I definitely found that EXACT SAME ROOM that Nikole was talking about. I can' remember what testing room it was, and I'm not sure if describing it would be considered spoiling, so I'll just take the safe route and not, lol. But yeah, I found that room with writing in it, it seemed to be like...below some stairs or something that were also in the room. Anyway, I jumped out of it and when I tried to get back to where it was, it seemed like the door had disappeared!

Posted: April 28, 2011 12:35 PM
    PaperScissors%26Me
  • psykitv

She has NO idea what shes talking about! its Not 5 rounds its best of 3. You have the Lancer, Retro Lancer and the Hammerburst from the start. Also you HAVE to start with on of the 2 shot guns in your loadout! Bring back Abbie she knows her stuff and actually speaks up.

Posted: April 28, 2011 10:39 AM