Portal 2: Ending Credits Song (Warning: Spoilers!)

Posted: April 19, 2011
Portal 2: Ending Credits Song (Warning: Spoilers!)
Listen to the ending credits song in Portal 2. It's so lovely.

• kazno21

Who is singing it ?

Posted: May 7, 2011 11:44 AM
  • jimmypopali

I think that Still Alive shows GLaDOS' personality better and shows more emotion. Still a great song, love it.

Posted: May 3, 2011 5:52 PM
    jimmypopali
  • Halbarad

I prefer Want You Gone. Don't get me wrong though, Still Alive and the ending of Portal is still up there as one of the best in gaming history. Portal 2 just beat it for me.

Portal 2 was a better game all around though. More difficult challenges. Still had the same comedy but was more fleshed out an the co-op is spectacular. Myself and a friend just did it start to finish last night. We finished at around 4:30/5am so that's a testament to it's quality.
    Fantastic for messing around with the portals and puzzles too.

The song reflects the quality of the game too. It's moved on from the original, which is still spectacular, and just become itself and developed more story.

Posted: April 30, 2011 3:21 AM
    Halbarad
  • Aliasvs.Editor

best. game. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: April 29, 2011 10:15 PM
    Aliasvs.Editor
  • joser1232010

FIRST: I love this song =D

Posted: April 24, 2011 11:02 PM
    joser1232010
  • Sill3n

This song is better composed. With that said, it didn't bring the same feeling as Still Alve. Still Alive made you feel sorry for GlaDOS. This one didn't. And another thing, "Litte Caroline is in here too.", what is thait suppose to mean (SPOILER) Glados deleted her right?

Posted: April 22, 2011 10:45 AM
  • SenorZorro2000

How to play Want You Gone on acoustic guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U_Lt2-zxifc

I thought the more serious tone of this song well represented GLaDOS's shift in demeanor between games. Rather than compare their quality to each other, I prefer to appreciate each for what it is on its own.

Posted: April 22, 2011 6:48 AM
    SenorZorro2000
  • crocodilius

As someone who has never played the games and listened to the songs independently, this song is superior to "Still Alive".

Posted: April 21, 2011 12:34 PM
    crocodilius
  • IntelliMoo

I prefer Still Alive's more classic sound to the new one's new-wave or whatever sound. But times change, so it's cool and just as funny-smart lyrically.

Posted: April 21, 2011 5:35 AM
    IntelliMoo
  • bretthoof

That was a very good song.
    However, I liked Still Alive better.

Posted: April 20, 2011 11:57 PM
    bretthoof
  • mittens1231

the first portal seemed to be more about the song then it was about the game. Portal two is the opposite. And i loved it!

Posted: April 20, 2011 10:12 PM
    mittens1231
  • Sarahshellysmelody@aol.com

not nearly as good as the original

Posted: April 20, 2011 9:58 PM
    Sarahshellysmelody%40aol.com
  • IIFlippy

It was perfect right after what you see at the end of the game... seeing it on here kinda takes it out of context. The end gave me chills. For me this was probably the best first person game since Half-Life 2. AWESOME!!

Posted: April 20, 2011 8:17 PM
    IIFlippy
  • L33tcakes

There is a song that this song sounds unsettlingly similar too, cant put my finger on it right now though.

Posted: April 20, 2011 7:22 PM
    L33tcakes
  • MissIcia

I like it, but the original is so creepy. It's a song you get stuck in your head for days. This one is a nice little ditty, but it doesn't even mention cake.

Posted: April 20, 2011 6:27 PM
    MissIcia
  • D347H0FL0V3

not a bad song but not as memorable as Still Alive

Posted: April 20, 2011 6:16 PM
  • OneEyedJohnny

Gross. Not even close to the original. I want this song GONE.

Posted: April 20, 2011 4:38 PM
    OneEyedJohnny
  • DPsx72

Might as well listen to it since I'm not playing the game.

Posted: April 20, 2011 3:33 PM
    DPsx72
  • MikeCC

i actually love this song in another way dont get me wrong still alive is amazing because it was what it was if this song was in the first game and still alive was the song for portal 2 it wouldn't be as good the fact is that the original is better because you had that warm and fuzzy feeling with it. that being said this is an awesome song for an awesome sequel.

Posted: April 20, 2011 1:49 PM
  • crocodilius

that's the best ending song i've heard since FF8.

Posted: April 20, 2011 1:42 PM