Videogame Deathmatch 2011: Best Franchise Finals Preview

Posted: April 19, 2011
Videogame Deathmatch 2011: Best Franchise Finals Preview
Only two remain. After all the franchise fighting, we're down to Zelda and StarCraft. Only one can come out alive. We preview the final round Videogame Deathmatch 2011 action that will have you deciding the greatest franchise ever.

• FreshCut_T70

I prefer Starcraft

Posted: July 30, 2011 10:00 AM
  • jsteffey88

I have to go with The Legend of Zelda franchise. It's been innovative and captivating to audiences and kept fans for almost 30 years and it's still going. Nintendo is staying true to its word on keeping its long-life fans still connected with classic game titles and, especially hearings about a remake of Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. Plus, every new Zelda game released has been better with graphics, gameplay, game design, and story (even though most people don't really know if whether or not all the Zelda games connect to one another). I will say the only Zelda game I didn't like at all (sorry for those who did) is Majora's Mask. I'll admit the gameplay levels were better. More detailed and harder environments, but as for story (especially a *sequel* to the greatest Zelda game of all time, Ocarina of Time) was a huge disappointment. As for Starcraft, I've only played the most recent installment, so I can't really give an honest opinion about it. I'm not saying the series hasn't improved, nor am I saying it didn't make a huge impact to audiences, but I grew up with Zelda my whole life and all I can say is that it has been going on continuously as the Final Fantasy franchise has. Again, I'd say the greatest franchise of all time is The Legend of Zelda. Hands down.

Posted: May 20, 2011 7:38 PM
    jsteffey88
  • BlindKing

Starcraft's going to win. Just watch. I rather Zelda in my opinion but it's better to lower your expectations so your not disappointed into depression. As the saying goes:
    "Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he is never disappointed".

Posted: May 13, 2011 5:05 PM
    BlindKing
  • Sinalve

Ok, to the people who say that Zelda should have been pwned by Starcraft, why don't we take a minute to realize that we are not judging the charicters combating against each other as we are the entire franchise. Realisticly speaking, you can go up to just about any gamer, say Zelda, and get them talking about their favorite puzzle or boss. On the other hand, you cannot do this with a game like Starcraft that had it's sequal 10-15 years later (and I am excluding expansion packs). Zelda is hard to get through in the begining, but once he's off to his first dungeon, your having the time of your leasure time. Starcraft is an RTS where your not only stratigizing about how to counter the enemy, but doing so by minipulating several forces at once making the game harder for impaired gamers to pick up without putting it on easy settings... and then it's still hard. I can say without a doubt in my mind that The Legend of Zelda is one of the best because it appeals, not only to the younger generations, but the veteran gamers too; where as with an RTS, it's alot like karate class, you can't handle the pain then you should not be here.

Posted: May 9, 2011 1:08 AM
  • Tegaz

Wait when you said Starcraft it showed Mass Effect gameplay. XD

Posted: April 26, 2011 8:45 PM
  • StylishHero

JUSTICE!

Posted: April 26, 2011 12:00 AM
  • CrazySteve

starcraft should win this

Posted: April 22, 2011 8:43 PM
  • jaxqet

Zarvanis is wrong

Posted: April 21, 2011 8:58 PM
  • marth240

Zelda will always be best franchise. I'm only sorry that some of you don't bow down to the triforce and worship it as your fake god :/

Posted: April 21, 2011 1:39 PM
    marth240
  • True_ninja

couldnt have picked a better final matchup

Posted: April 20, 2011 5:59 PM
    True_ninja
  • Zarvanis

I'm still unbelievably furious over the fact that StarCraft beat Mass Effect. I love StarCraft, but Mass Effect is the GOD of game franchises. I like Zelda, but it should've gone down in round 3.

Posted: April 20, 2011 4:12 PM