Battlefield 3 Fault Line Full Trailer

Posted: April 21, 2011
Battlefield 3 Fault Line Full Trailer
See the full 12 minute Fault Line trailer for EA's Battlefield 3.

• idillon627@gmail.com

im sold

Posted: May 26, 2011 3:15 PM
  • greenismean

Well this is simply single player marketing from a company that excels at multiplayer. This is "gameplay" footage as much as an early demo from an alpha would be. Much of what you see in this video is purely scripted, for cinematic purposes yes, but only to the viewer, not the player. I'm sure the final version of this level will be slightly better, more interactive and less cinematic I hope, but I only look at Battlefield from a multiplayer perspective.

You have to be honest, this looks fantastic to someone who hasn't played a lot of FPS's, if you have, you'd see the lack of interactivity in this video. Games like the Call of Duty series, some Medal of Honor games do it well, and Half-Life (1 and 2); all of them excel at merging the story with the playing. Battlefield desperately tries to do this in Bad Company 1 and 2, and they're learning for sure. Medal of Honer (tier idc) had a terrible single player component, with a slightly better, but ultimately inferior multi player, which is only due to it's oddly misplaced existence. It should have been called Call of Honor, or Medal of Duty.

Battlefield could take a lot of tips from the more experienced single player games, and it is improving. But.. this video certainly doesn't convince me of anything very progressive other than the graphics. Which, by the way sure do look nice!

Posted: May 22, 2011 10:33 AM
  • NokShOuS

From the second I first saw it a month ago now it's all I can think about. I absolutly cannot wait... Well, I guess I have to but that's not the point. This game looks gorgeous! The best thing I have seen in a looong time, Killzone 3?, Uncharted 2? Nahh, not anymore. Dice with Frostbite has forever changed the standard. I have owned every CoD title to date & I will GLADLY give up my Black Ops for this one. I too agree with NArnold48 & Renigade16, but really guys I don't think there's really a lot to worry about, I believe Bf3 is gonna have all we want. I would like to see some multiplayer trailers though. How much longer you gonna make us wait? Anyway, I'm excited to the point where I'm gonna pre-order already & it's not due out til Nov. I swear I will, if I can, lol.

Posted: April 27, 2011 9:29 AM
    NokShOuS
  • technospaz12

saw the trailer and was amazed and now seeing this i am speechless

Posted: April 23, 2011 5:17 PM
  • buttwhole

I want this game as much as I wanted GTA4... Time to start fundraising!!!

Posted: April 23, 2011 2:47 AM
    buttwhole
  • BradyHawk101

I love how you all want to see multiplayer. The reason they are showing single player campaign is because if you have ever played a battlefield game you should know that DICE will more then deliver on that. Single player showed up for the first time in BF2 and it def needed some work. Looks like its been more of a priority in this installment and I cannot wait!! This franchise is miles ahead of the others and its going to suck when the world of FPS garbage that is COD finds out.

Posted: April 22, 2011 7:06 AM
    BradyHawk101
  • xCDSx

call of duty once again got pooped on.

Posted: April 22, 2011 5:48 AM
    xCDSx
  • beloved9042

10+ definitely.. I cannot wait for the, hopefully soon-to-be-announced, beta.

Posted: April 21, 2011 9:16 PM
    beloved9042
  • 4theloveofgames

loved it!!! 4get call of duty. i never played any battlefield games but im switching fa sho i hope we can kill people with a pistol from a distance not like black ops

Posted: April 21, 2011 6:22 PM
    4theloveofgames
  • XwingVmanX

Saw this at PAX East, crapped my pants when I saw the rocket hit the building and he told me it was all real time destruction.

Posted: April 21, 2011 5:42 PM
    XwingVmanX
  • Cell34

Around 11:41 - 11:43 I swear to God they are playing the Terminator's theme music.

NINJA CHAD

Posted: April 21, 2011 4:25 PM
    Cell34
  • ConDAWG

This year seriously rocks! From Sep-Dec we Have Gears 3,Elder Scrolls 5, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and possibly Zelda so Hell yes enough games to last all next year and the year after. Only bad part is I will be broke = D

Posted: April 21, 2011 2:43 PM
    ConDAWG
  • Wildcard273

Uhm...wow. I wasn't sure about this game, but damn. That looks amazing. Definitely moved up a couple of slots on my must have list.

Posted: April 21, 2011 2:06 PM
    Wildcard273
  • aaron1983

I would like to see some multiplayer gameplay. I want killstreaks and perks. and No i dont want to have to run down to catch dog tags like in crysis 2

Posted: April 21, 2011 12:30 PM
    aaron1983
  • titan4710

This game looks frikin gorgeous. Can't wait until they show us a little multiplayer, I hope it's just as amazing.

Posted: April 21, 2011 10:19 AM
    titan4710
  • Hitman_Mr.47

If this keeps up the way it is I will be trading in a few COD games for a down payment. Only room for one military FPS game on mah shelf.

Posted: April 21, 2011 10:15 AM
    Hitman_Mr.47
  • Renigade16

I agree with NArnold48 Please Dice give us a Squad with a leader and objectives.
    The team based gameplay is why I loved BF :D

Posted: April 21, 2011 10:10 AM
    Renigade16
  • biggernerdthanu

im impressed

Posted: April 21, 2011 9:49 AM
    biggernerdthanu
  • Tobywankenoby360

I WANT!!!

But show us some multiplayer!!!

Posted: April 21, 2011 9:33 AM
    Tobywankenoby360
  • NArnold48

Let's see some Multiplayer DICE! Aside form the lack of multiplayer, some aspects look promising, like selective fire at 4:25, and the mg scene at 9:30. I am extremely excited for selective fire, as it is incredibly useful in large maps so common in the classic bf games. The mg scene also surprised me by the lack of accuracy, which is much more realistic than bfbc2 and cod. These two factors should add a lot to the game, yet i am still worried about the teamplay in multiplayer and any dumbing down compared to bf2/2142. My comments about my expectations of gameplay style, BF3 look very good both graphically, and with animations. The animations are very good, although like anything else could always be improved in the future. DICE, give me BF2 gamplay(and I mean squads with a squad LEADER, and a COMMANDER and tv missle please) with all the game engine improvements of frostbite 2 and I will be happy.

Posted: April 21, 2011 9:01 AM