Gamers Heart Japan Hour Long Special

Posted: April 3, 2011
Gamers Heart Japan Hour Long Special
Members of the global videogame community have come together in an unprecedented effort to create a special video to show their appreciation for the Japanese game industry and to raise donations for Red Cross relief efforts for the people of Japan.

• drilb

I loved how I could relate to many of the developers. It clearly shows their passion for making video games and that passion could be translated to gamers alike! :D

Posted: April 5, 2011 10:47 AM
  • drilb

I just love it! This shows the importance Japan has over the video game industry. I also loved how I could relate to many of the developers. It clearly shows their passion for making video games and that passion could be translated to gamers alike! :D

Posted: April 5, 2011 10:45 AM
  • drilb

I really, really loved the hour long special! It is a reminder of how important Japan is to gamers. And also a reminder of where most of the video games we played nowadays are inspired from! I loved the fact that I could relate to many of the developers and the people who felt different/special thanks to video games! :D

Posted: April 5, 2011 10:43 AM
  • mathieuplante

Are seriously airing this at 2 AM? G4 Canada is airing it at 6 PM and 9 PM, that's what you do when you actually "heart" Japan.

Posted: April 5, 2011 8:39 AM
    mathieuplante
  • violent23

New site dedicated to videos for the 3DS. http://3dsvideos.net is the number one site to see review, trailer, and gameplay videos for the 3DS. Check it out!

Posted: April 5, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Tsuchigumo

Considering all the technology that comes from japan that everyone loves, I'm not suprised that a lot of people are sending help already. I'm saving up a little money to send myself. Just look out for scammers, I'm sure there will be Red Cross knockoffs that just want to cash in on the catastrophe. Anyway, I'm glad that a lot of people are doing what they can to help.

Posted: April 5, 2011 7:39 AM
    Tsuchigumo
  • MsZa7ma

as a crazy lover for japan ; i'll go right now to play all the japanese playstaion games i have :) !!
    Safety and Peace upon Japan <3 ..

Posted: April 5, 2011 6:40 AM
  • wytefang

ATTENTION G4 EDITORS - You spelled 'devastation" incorrectly on the front story page for this article. It's NOT spelled "devistation.'

Nice.

Posted: April 4, 2011 12:56 PM
    wytefang
  • EdgeHead8806

Their Animes, Manga, food and of course their games.. I hope to go there someday.. I'd be a Otaku girl in HEAVEN! <3 I love you Japan! My thoughts are with the many of family's that have been effected by this tragedy!

Posted: April 4, 2011 12:37 PM
    EdgeHead8806
  • westraz

I love Japan games FF4!!! I gave $20 last moth and gave other $20 for the week as well :)

Posted: April 4, 2011 12:22 PM
    westraz
  • TD_ThA_MoNsTa

Also, even though I'm unemployed at the moment, as soon as I get some money coming in (which should be later this week), I will donate $20 to the American Red Cross. I know it's not much (and truly I wish I could do more), but I at least hope it helps.

Posted: April 4, 2011 11:30 AM
    TD_ThA_MoNsTa
  • TD_ThA_MoNsTa

Wow, I saw some of this special yesterday, and that's just my intial impression of it, wow. It did also remind me (and I'm sure more others) of the importance of the Japanese gaming industry has been to the industry as a whole, as well as the great games that've come out of the far east not too long ago, and not just crap for creeps like Dead or Alive Paradise. It made me want to play Metal Gear Solid 4.

Posted: April 4, 2011 11:17 AM
    TD_ThA_MoNsTa
  • The_prince_of_canada

Gotta love japan, i'd donate, but i am completly broke haha. I was gonna get the wi-fi adaptor for my xbox to go online on my next paycheck, but i think i'll donate the money to the relief efforts :D

Posted: April 4, 2011 11:09 AM
    The_prince_of_canada
  • JustTheBeginning

Notice how not one Wii related anything was mentioned...

Posted: April 4, 2011 8:01 AM
    JustTheBeginning
  • cwhas2godhands

I heart Vanquish.

Posted: April 4, 2011 7:37 AM
    cwhas2godhands
  • camaro72toy

XBoX all the way, the new console, The American Gaming system for American gamers, get ussed to it, most of us already are. Plus I'm tired of some Choe-Choe Pocket game that I can't understand anyways.

Posted: April 4, 2011 7:30 AM
    camaro72toy
  • camaro72toy

wow, all of that came from Japan? They've been lagging anyways then. Not to say that they deserved it, just saying, when is the last time we have seen a new version of any of those games? good versions?

Posted: April 4, 2011 7:28 AM
    camaro72toy
  • ShdwFox

This video reminded me of some of my most favorite games to come out of Japan. Just to name a few - Shining Force, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG and the Seven Stars, Final Fantasy Tactics, FF7, FF8, Resident Evil 2, RE3, RE:Code Veronica, RE4, Mega Man Legends, MML2, Devil May Cry, DMC3, Dark Cloud, Metroid Prime, MP2: Echoes, and the list could go on and on.

For us gamers, we practically owe are existence to Japan. The industry simply wouldn't be where it's at if it wasn't for Japan's contributions. And if you love anything else out of Japan, like the music, manga, or anime, that's all the more reason to donate. Show Japan some <3.

Posted: April 4, 2011 6:27 AM
    ShdwFox
  • vitXras

the game that got me into games was zelda oot. but the game that stole my heart and has influenced my life in a huge way was the kingdom hearts series. kingdom hearts 2, greatest game of all time

Posted: April 4, 2011 1:26 AM
    vitXras
  • Audi_Jay

solid work.....Japan had such a huge influence not only with the gaming industry but another thing close to my heart and thats the carshow community. There is a huge even in NC coming up in july I am driving 14hrs to show my support! Will be worth every second of it IMO.

Posted: April 3, 2011 9:52 PM