Nintendo 3DS with Adam Sessler

Posted: March 28, 2011
Nintendo 3DS with Adam Sessler
Video_52037

Adam Sessler from X-Play discusses the weekend launch of Nintendo's 3DS, the revolutionary portable gaming console that can produce 3D effects without the need for any clunky glasses. Kevin Pereira finds out whether or not the 3DS is worth the buy, its cool new features and what launch titles are available for the device.

• de90chaos

"unless you gotta prove something at a school yard" haha

Posted: May 26, 2011 8:11 PM
  • yapic2

Sessler is sad... whining about the 3DS like that. Meh. I don't care anyway 'cuz I still love mine.
    And also Face Raiders! Totally played it with Kevin Pereira's face! xD
    Up next, Olivia Munn and Candace Bailey :P

Posted: March 30, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Deathinflames

Finally got to get my hands on a demo unit at Best Buy today, and there's a lot to like about the hardware (analog stick!). I won't be "upgrading" from my DsiXL anytime soon though. The lineup is completely lackluster, and the 3D just didn't look right for me.

Posted: March 29, 2011 6:46 PM
    Deathinflames
  • cyberninja45

I remember when kinect release they were all "ooo I love frailing my arms to navigate menus"
    Now with the 3ds release" Aww I hate having to hold the 3ds in the same position where i have held it my entire life".
    I mean jezz, don't underestimate the intelligence of your audience.

Posted: March 29, 2011 6:18 PM
    cyberninja45
  • cyberninja45

hey

Posted: March 29, 2011 6:04 PM
    cyberninja45
  • cyberninja45

Lawdy lawd. These guys are willing too sacrifice their credibility to try to deter sales of this amazing system. Even going so far as to insult innovation in gaming. I understand that the iphone/pad is now a contender and u may want to give it an advantage from the 3ds (because its from your country and it helps your economy and apple probably bought/bribe u out), But u cannot stop the 3ds, its too damn awesome.

Feel free to thumbs down u bots

Posted: March 29, 2011 6:00 PM
    cyberninja45
  • Michael553

Why is it that G4 has totally different opinions about everything Nintendo than everyone else?

Posted: March 29, 2011 3:59 PM
    Michael553
  • ToddOfWar

There Should Be A Picture Of The Former Wrestler Manager Jim Cornette With A Message That Says:

"Metroid Other M Got a 2 out of 5 From X-Play???? F%@$ This TV NETWORK!!!!!"

AND NO I WILL NOT STOP TAKLING ABOUT THAT GAME UNTIL NINTENDO PULLS SPONSERSHIP FROM G4 THE WAY DIREC TV PULLED THE CHANNEL FROM THE LINEUP!!!!!!!!!

Posted: March 29, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Uldum

I bash nintendo every once in a while but don't get me wrong I love 'em but just atm I agree with Adam, I don't see the rush to run out and get one.

1) They're not selling out so the option to pick one up is pretty much always there. 2) The current lineup is extremely lackluster, "console sellers" still have yet to come out. 3)The firmware and hardware is only going to improve over time while the price drops.

I learned my lesson after buying my DS and Wii on release day, it's better just to wait. I'm not the kind of consumer to buy the same console over and over, I still have my fat DS.You don't get anything out picking one up asap besides for the first few days of "wow thats cool" and perhaps buyer remorse latter on when a better version comes out. Though Nintendo was smart with the Wii, they held back on Twilight Princess's gamecube release to increase Wii sales, which is the main reason why I got it on release and would probably do it again lol.

But if you bought it and enjoy that's cool too, even after this rant I'm still on edge to buy one but that's the gamer in me wanting it to be extremely awesome experience that I won't regret rushing out for.

Posted: March 29, 2011 1:57 PM
    Uldum
  • iggyosorio

i have one. and its fun as hell. the sound quality is better to than my old ds.
    it wont be for 2 years til they drop that price down. silly to wait that long.
    this will be the hottest system this xmas
    i work at retail and we sold out launch day.

street fighter is fun as hell and the game face racers in the system is fun,

I love sony too and NGP but like apple and ipad etc.. these compaines keep making things bigger and bigger ..

This is small like the ds and i can just put it in my pocket on the go.

Once paper mario and the other main titles start coming everyone will be singing a different tune.
    And if you think waiting for a price drop. You'll wait for ever... unless you want a reg ds lite. They will drop this xmas to 99.99

Posted: March 29, 2011 1:35 PM
  • brtt150

I like my 3DS and I went ahead and purchased one because I know that enough great games will come out eventually that I'll get one (plus, don't expect a price drop for a couple years). The 3D effect works well for me and I wear contacts/glasses and have an astigmatism. The AR cards are great and I hope some full-length games come out using that technology.

Posted: March 29, 2011 1:14 PM
    brtt150
  • GlowzinskiJB

I do think he is right about the 3D sometimes getting annoying. While playing Rayman 3D, I kept having to blink and I felt like I was not looking at the screen right. It did go away though. I don't have to hold the system close to my face. I hold it about a foot or so away when playing. I really like Rayman 3D and Lego Starwars 3. I just got street fighter. It looks great. You have to look at the future of the system. You will have internet, net flix, dsi and classic game downloads. I am very happy to own one. There may not be a high number of games right now. But you can pick one and play your DS games on the system. I am happy with mine!

Posted: March 29, 2011 12:47 PM
    GlowzinskiJB
  • OMEGASUNSHINE

Sessler will have his own show on Fox News before we know it. Dudes so overly critical. Anyone else notice Sessler has become to cool for just about everything lately. He was once a gamer who got excited about new releases now he's just a critic who can't see the Hyrulian forest for the trees. How about we just appreciate it for what it is, a new innovation in gaming that kicks ass. This is a great piece of tech knowledge here. It's the next thing from Nintendo and I support it. Of course better games will always release after launch. I am about done clicking into links were Sesslers new hipster mentality is there to piss and moan on every video game related topic known to man. Out with the old in with the new but I'll miss Haislip, shoulda kept her if you coulda kept her. Hot lil chickady.

Posted: March 29, 2011 11:05 AM
  • KingKannibal

HA! where is your god now? NGP is going to literally take over the Handheld market when it gets released by the end of this year!

Posted: March 29, 2011 6:33 AM
  • manythings711

I agree. I spent some time with the 3DS and several launch titles in the Nintendo store. Nothing about this system makes it worth purchasing right now. The 3D is over rated. The games are weak. The price is too much for a hand held that feels this flimsy. I paid $100 for my iphone and it feels studier and better built than the 3DS. Really disappointed.

Posted: March 29, 2011 6:12 AM
    manythings711
  • hailme786

The 3DS looks great, but the current lineup isn't making me want to buy it right away. I do want to play SSF IV though. Until the real 1st party Nintendo games come out, I'll wait to buy the 3DS. I know it will become a must buy for me in the future.

Posted: March 28, 2011 10:06 PM
    hailme786
  • sharlee131

Im a proud owner of a 3DS and i can officially say that its really really cool. I had high expectations and they were all met. one little problem i had was that the virtual console wasnt available on launch. im really looking forward to those gameboy games! Adam Sessler, love the guy, but very negative. hes not looking at any of the cool things the 3DS offers! like the thing itself is in 3-freakin-D without any glasses! ok yeah you move it a little and you lose your focus but jeeze, do we really want to be wearing those ugly 3D glases? NO THANKS!

Posted: March 28, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Bomblord

Adam I understand moving aorund a lot it's hard to maintain the 3d effect but if your doing somehting jarring just turn the slider downto 2d and wait a little bit. The 3d effect is amazing day 1 it gave me a headache haven't had a problem since and my eyes have actually adjusted very nicely to teh 3d effect is absolutely amazing and piltowings is very fun albeit short.

Bottom line is it's not that hard to maintain the 3d effect unless your doing something like walking down a flight of stairs or in a car while going down a bumpy road but that's why there's a slider.

Posted: March 28, 2011 9:38 PM
    Bomblord
  • Left4you

Although the 3DS may be impressive, I'd wait for the Sony NGP a.k.a. PSP2 before deciding on a new portable game device.

Posted: March 28, 2011 9:01 PM
    Left4you
  • filchingfeline

This was a fairly accurate review. I like mine lots but it WAS only 100 bucks for me so YMMV. The only problem I have with the 3d aspect is that I wear astigmatism correcting contacts, when they get out of focus, bye bye 3d effect. When my eyes work, the part of my brain that's impressed by technology activates and then triggers my face to smile. I got shadow wars and pilot wings (for free) and I like them both a lot.

@250$ w/ the launch games being 3/5's... I can't argue at all that waiting might be smart unless you can get a deal, a free one, or you still don't know the economy colapsed.

My realistic opinion is most people should wait till it's $200 and comes with a bundled game or for a 3DSi. That being said, it kicks the hell out of any thing Sony's putting out. BOOYAH!

Posted: March 28, 2011 8:42 PM