Tech Junkie: PlayStation Move Guns

Posted: March 22, 2011
Tech Junkie: PlayStation Move Guns
Video_51948
Morgan Webb and Blair Herter weigh the pros and cons of two PlayStation Move peripherals that will turn your controller into a gun: the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment, and the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter.

• landrychad

I just started using the Sharpshooter and I thought of an idea to make it easier to turn the view as you play. Instead of using the shooter, have some glasses or a head band that the Move camera could track. That way if u need to turn in the game, you turn your head in the direction to view. That would give you the ability to turn and aim in 2 different directions.

Posted: April 23, 2011 2:39 PM
    landrychad
  • Ivan_PSP

Kevin Kelly:
    You a m0r@n Sony doesn't make anything for Xbox.

PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter
    Company: Sony
    Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Price: $39.99

G4 knows KINECT sucks so they being their usual selves Xbox 360 fanboys. PlayStation Sharp Shooter is only for PS3 and by Sony.

Posted: April 2, 2011 9:34 PM
    Ivan_PSP
  • pdfitzg1974

I have both and have to say the sharp shooter is well thought out and a steal at that price, but holy-crap, it's hard to adjust to it and the first fifteen minutes I was ready to break something. My biggest issue is I'd swear the reticule is drifting, especially when you try to calibrate it. Notice that the faster you calibrate the less drift, but then it's off because you didn't take your time. Hoping this will be addressed through firmware updates for the Move or in game if it's KZ3 causing the issue (think it's Move). Anyhow, thinking this would put you at a dissadvantage in multiplayer action, but hope folks prove me wrong as it adds a cool aspect to gameplay.

Posted: April 2, 2011 1:43 AM
  • martymar82

Yeah thats what I want a fake gun with a dildo on the end...

Posted: March 31, 2011 8:01 AM
    martymar82
  • TomHoang

I have the smaller gun, and I think the bigger one looks fantastic. I love the peripherals, but I don't like the Move as a pointer. The cursor often drifts and ends up unaligned. Maybe its just me though.

Posted: March 31, 2011 7:30 AM
  • xbones

PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter
    Company: Sony
    Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    !!!!!!
    ????

Really the "PlayStation" Move sharp shooter is also for the xbox 360? LOLOLOL FANBOYS CANT STOP THEMSELVES!

Posted: March 30, 2011 10:34 PM
    xbones
  • 52Fatal_Strikes

The Sharpshooter IS the killer app for the move imo and 40$ is not bad at all considering the fact that it is sold and crafted well, right handed or left it is slick and i like where the re mapped buttons are and i love the fact that you can reload by sliding back and forth the under barrel part like you where reloading a shotgun. Clearly not a toy for kids but rather a toy for adults who like to be a kid now and then on ps3's..not to mention every game for it is M rated i believe. And i am sure more game will use it but it just came out.

Posted: March 30, 2011 9:30 PM
    52Fatal_Strikes
  • EvilAngel6

I don't have a move yet but I am definitely going to get one when "Child Of Eden" comes out, and I'm not sure if I should go with the small one or the big one...

Posted: March 30, 2011 8:09 PM
    EvilAngel6
  • kentla57

I tried the baby (sharp shooter) on Killzone and had a heck of a time. But I am old I have an excuse, now you young bucks have all the fun!!!!!! ha Ha. If anybody knows how to use it right, drop me a line.

Posted: March 30, 2011 6:34 PM
    kentla57
  • jsnows007

sony makes good products ps4 is gonna take the crown back next gen

Posted: March 30, 2011 5:32 PM
    jsnows007
  • lucidity

Pew, Pew and good on rails...sound familiar? Yes it's the same thing the Kinect hater like to say.

Too funny

Posted: March 30, 2011 4:07 PM
    lucidity
  • SonyNmbrOneGuy

Crysis 2 has Move support?

Posted: March 30, 2011 3:54 PM
    SonyNmbrOneGuy
  • AmalieWiz

Now we need a sword, mace, bow & staff attachments for the RPG's!

Posted: March 30, 2011 3:52 PM